Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Tension was thick as the minutes passed. Darcy was wondering why it suddenly got hot like Arizona in the summertime. She wiped the back of her neck, nervously. Nobody would say anything.

Someone left with no explanation as to why. People followed. They did this until Darcy and Maddie were the only two people in the room.

Maddie's POV:

"Why did you bring me here?" Darcy asked. My lip curdled.

"Straight to the point. I like it." I observed. Darcy was shifting nervously, bouncing on the tip of her toes. No one spoke for five minutes.

"TELL ME!" Darcy demanded. I stepped closer.

"OW! STOP!" Darcy screamed as electricity went through her veins. I stopped immediately.

"Don't tell me what to do." I said, stepping back.

"P-Please?" She said, tears brimming in her eyes.

"Finally! Since you asked so nicely." I paused.

"Yes?" She said, as I thought of what I was going to say.

"Because you yelled at me when I called you." I yelled, getting louder each word. She looked at me with a confused expression on her face.

"That's what you're mad about? That I yelled at you? Really?!" She almost bursts into laughter. I gave her a death glare before speaking once again.

"I just wanted to talk with you. I didn't mean to invade your privacy." I tried doing the puppy dog eyes.

"Are you really doing the puppy dog eyes?" She said in a "are you kidding me?" voice.
My face turned to a neutral expression.

"I'm sorry." Her face didn't change one bit.
"That is why you kidnapped me?" She asked, once again.

"Be patient, my grasshopper." I said, as I left the room.

Darcy's POV:

She left the room as I was left in confusion.
"What the hell just happened?" I said, not realizing I said the words out loud.

"Maddie's a weird one, I'll tell ya." A raspy voice spoke. I turned and saw it was Mauritius.

"Oh, hi Mauritius." I spoke as I got up from the floor. He tried to help me up but wasn't quick enough.

"How long have you known Maddie?" I ask him as we sat down at the dinning room table.

"A few months. We met at a football game in October." His voice was like an angel.

"How old are you?" I ask, not thinking he was older than sixteen or seventeen.

"Eighteen." His words came out so easily.

"But she's fourteen?!" I said, surprised.

"Actually, she's fifteen. Her birthday was last July." He explained.

"Why would she go through all this trouble to kidnap me?" I ask.

"Who knows?" He shrugged. I nodded in understanding.

"I miss home." I confide in him.

"I know you do." He tried desperately to emphasize. He continued, grasping my hand and saying, "we're breaking you outta here."

I smiled as he said this. The determination didn't leave his face. A million questions ran through my mind.

*At the police station*

Justin's POV:

I spent a maximum of twelve hours in this depressing place. My leg was shaking and my eyes were barely awake.

"Sir, you should probably go home. You've been here since yesterday morning." An officer observed. It took a second for me to realize that the officer was talking to me.

"Do I have to?" I ask the officer, pathetically. He looked at me sympathetically and walked out of the station.

*Thirty Minutes Later*

Justin's POV:

"Hey man, I got you some Del Taco. I wasn't sure what type of drink you wanted. It's a Coke." The officer handed me the food. I open the bag and saw three Bean and Cheese burritos. The drink was beside me to my left.

"Thanks man." I give him eye contact as I thank him for spending his own money for the food.

"'No problem. My name's Mike, by the way." He smiled.

The aroma of the burritos hit my nostrils. I had just realized how hungry I was after not eating for almost twelve hours straight. I unwrapped the burrito and eat it in about five minutes flat. I only stopped to sip my Coke.

"I know how much you love your girlfriend." Mike says, sitting down next to me. I looked at him extremely puzzled at his statement.
"How?" I said, unsure of how a stranger could know me like that.

"Because it's how much I love my wife. She and I used to do everything together. Go on boat rides. Go to amusement parks. We even had three children together." He spoke. Tears were brimming from his eyes. He continued with his story,

"That was before she got into a car accident. She was coming home from work after working a long night shift as a professor at Beach College when a drunk driver hit her. She was killed on impact. Our daughters cried all night." Mike finished. By the time he was done, I was crying like a baby too.

"I am so sorry man." I rubbed his back as he continued to cry. A co-worker spotted us and gave a sympathetic glance before continuing walking.

"They really love their mom." He said. I nodded.

"What are your daughters' names?" I ask, extremely curious because I now know what their story was.

"Allie, Jazzy and Jacey. Jazzy and Jacey are sixteen now and Allie is fourteen." He said, smiling just a tiny bit.

"I would love to meet them at some point." I said.

This was really making me want to have kids with Darcy. A mini me or a mini Darcy running through the house seemed like a dream come true.

"Maybe at some point you will." He smiled. After that, I went home, showered and had the best sleep I've had since the three months since Darcy was taken.

*Next Morning*

Justin's POV:

I woke up to a text message on Darcy's phone.
@/belieber_brave:
I'm gonna break her out.
-M

I quickly got a jacket on and drove as quickly as I could to the police station.

"I need to see Officer Mike. I think we have a lead." I held up my missing girlfriend's phone.
A/N: Wow! That was some chapter. Comment below your predictions and who your favorite new character is. Don't forget to vote if you enjoyed this chapter. It really helps me out. Thanks and I love you! 😘