Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Justin woke up the next day feeling really off. He couldn't pinpoint what was wrong. Darcy was not talking to him; not one word.

Justin's POV:

"What's wrong, baby?" I asked as Darcy was enjoying her breakfast. She shook her head and got up from the table. I followed her into the kitchen and asked her the same question.
"What's wrong, baby?" I was ignored. She sighed and pushed passed me.
I walked into the living room and saw my baby girl crying. Her sobs were heartbreaking.
"Baby, what's wrong?" I asked for the third time and it wasn't even ten o'clock yet. She answered with more sobs.

*Later*

Justin's POV:

It was almost noon and Darcy had finally calmed now. She was continuing with giving me the dreaded silent treatment.

"Darcy, are you ready to tell me what's wrong?" I spoke like I was speaking to a child. She looked up from the television looking absolutely dead.

"My mom's dead." She spoke, her eyes glistened with more tears.

Her mom and Darcy were extremely close. It was unlike any another mother; daughter relationship I've seen. They would call or text every night when she was living on her own at 19 in California. Her mom had gotten sick with breast cancer this past year. She had chemo everyday for close to 6 months. Unfortunately, the cancer made her lost will to eat food. It slowly starved her to death.

"Oh my god, baby." I swooped in and embraced her.
"The funeral's this weekend." I shot up and went to text Maddie.

@/darcy_bieber:
Darcy's Mom is dead.

Two minutes later; I got a reply.

@/belieber_brave:
Omg. I'm so sorry. :'( How did she die?

@/darcy_bieber:
Cancer. The funeral's this weekend.

I exited out of the kik app and called a few of Darcy's close friends.

*Later*

Justin's POV:

Everything was set. It was now Wednesday. The funeral would be on Saturday.
"I have to go pick out a coffin." Darcy grabbed her purse and was walking out the door.

"I'm coming!" Darcy would need me there. I knew she would be bawling within two minutes of being in the funeral home.

*At the funeral home*

Darcy's POV:

"This place is so dark." I mumble to Justin as we walk into the home. Browns and reds were everywhere. The feeling of death was indescribable. The 1950's paintings of famous murders hung on the wall on each of the four walls.

My eyes began to water.
"Babe, go to the restroom. I'll figure this out." Justin pointed to the direction of the bathroom. I quickly ran in there and let loose.
The tears were flying down so quickly that I was sure I was going to start a flood. It was a good ten minutes before I had calmed down.

My mascara was black down my face and my lipstick had completely wiped off. I looked as dead as the paintings on the walls. The expression on my face was pathetic.
It started to get colder and colder as the minutes ticked by. I quickly got out of there and went to find Justin.

"Justin!" I yelled, my heels clicking through the halls. No answer.
"Justin!" I yelled, again. There was still no answer.
"Ju-" I bumped into someone. I realized it was Justin.
"Let's get out of here." I quickly grabbed him by the arm and lead him out of the funeral home.

A/N: So many unanswered questions! They'll all be answered in due time. In the mean time; follow my Instagram/twitter: @life_for_belieb I to discuss the book or any of my works on here or on my Instagram page. PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE AND COMMENT!