Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Justin and Darcy were in the car. Justin was in shock; unsure whether to speak or to even breathe. Darcy wanted to leave and cry behind closed doors. Her voice could not work yet.

Justin's POV:

"Uh, what was that?!" I yelled at Darcy, flinging my arms in the air. I was angry beyond belief.

"I-I d-don't know. I just didn't feel right about that place." Her voice broke; almost like she would start crying.

"It's a funeral home. What can be wrong with it?" I asked, my foot stepped on the gas.

"Let's get some food." Darcy said, pointing to a McDonalds. I went through the drive through; picking up a double decker burger for each of us.

"Now, what was that?" I ask as we stop and chow down on the delicious hamburger. She shook her head, her eyes speaking in fear.

"I honestly have no idea. I just have a horrible feeling about that place." She said. I nodded and started the car once again.

The ride home was silent. Awkward silence. It was unbearable. The ride home was about 20 minutes but felt like 20 hours. Darcy jumped from the car and into the house, without speaking a word to me.

Darcy's POV:

The bedroom felt cold as I entered, collapsing behind the closed door. My eyes flooded with tears and my voice yelled meaningless nothings. I cursed the world for allowing death and for allowing this to happen to my mother. Death should not be apart of life. But sadly, it is. I wish it wasn't. I hold regrets. Regrets for not telling my mother I love her very often. For not calling her as often as a daughter should. For all those times I was mean to her.

"Darcy? Are you alright?" Justin's voice rang through the door. My breathing became heavy as I moved away from the door, as I'm sure he would have opened it without my consent and me being near the would have resulted in me face-planting onto the cold, hard floor. Hold and behold, he did just that. He spoke no words. He just ran to my side and embraced me. My phone buzzed. I looked at it for a moment.
@/belieber_brave:
I love u.

For that moment, I smiled. I realized that I had a friend and a boyfriend that cared about me. I realized the world wasn't such a big, nasty place that wanted to swallow me whole. I looked toward my sweet, loving boyfriend and whispered, "Thank you." as he stroked my hair and allowed me to cry on his shoulder.

A/N: These types of people I love! What was your favorite part of the chapter? Please don't forget to vote and comment.