Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Two weeks have passed since Justin heard about Darcy's death. For those two weeks, he refused to do anything. It was a battle just to get him to drink water. Eventually, Fredo was coming over everyday at noon sharp to force his friend to drink one glass of water and eat a one bowl of cereal.

Justin was getting too thin. The sight of his rib cage was too much for his mother to bare and cut off contact with him until he was at a healthy weight. Scooter forced him to not set a foot into a studio.

He spent the entire day sleeping. He did not get up to answer the door, ashamed of his lapse of depression.

Justin's POV:

The bed swallowed me as Alfredo grabbed me by the legs and attempted to drag me out of this comfy bed.

"Nooooooo." I whined like a six year old child that was not getting what they wanted. I grabbed the wooden bars and tried to resist his strength.

"Come on Justin. It's been two weeks. This is getting a bit ridiculous." Fredo said a little louder than I expected. I turned on my back and lifted my head. His eyes had dark circles under them and his arms got bigger from working out so much.

"You're working out too much." Fredo's eyes widen.

"That is your first thing you say after two weeks?" Fredo raised his voice. His face became almost blood red.

"Darcy was my best friend since you introduced her to me! I told her everything. When I told her you and I were having problems, she would come over with Popeyes and made me laugh. She was the first one to come over when I broke my foot and check on me-" That got me out of bed.

"I was on tour, you idiot!" I defended myself.
"Look at you! You look at a starvation survivor, your face is too pale and your lips are so cracked I would have mistaken them for Mojave Desert." He yelled.

The world starting spinning and it was getting harder to see Fredo as his face was surrounded by pitch black.

*Later*

Justin's POV:

My eyes fluttered as I attained consciousness. The sounds of beeping made me immediately confused.

"W-Where am I?" I asked, not expecting a response.

"You're in the hospital." A soft voice whispered that almost had a mothering tone to it. My heart skipped a beat and I swear I jumped out of my skin.

"Darcy?" I ask, unsure of who I was seeing. Her brown hair and short, petit structure was leaning over the bed.

"No, sweetie. It's your mother." The woman frowned, putting her arms around all the machinery to embrace me.

My heart broke as my mother held me.

"Mom?" The word tasted weird on my tongue. I haven't seen her in two weeks but in all honesty, it felt two years. Her hug became tighter than a boa constrictor killing its prey.

"Ma'am, I'm gonna have to ask you to leave." A nurse said. She was looking at the various papers on the clipboard she was holding.

"B-But h-he's m-my s-son." She stuttered, facing the nurse. The nurse continued her cold expression.

"I understand that Ma'am but I have to check his vitals." The tension was getting thicker but my mother refused to leave the room.

"I don't have all day, Ma'am." She didn't move a muscle. I could tell the nurse was getting irritated by my mother's lack of ability to follow directions.

"You have five minutes." The nurse huffed and left.
Even after the five minutes, it took another ten to convince my mother to go outside to the waiting room area.

The nurse checked my vitals, including my weight. It wasn't long before Fredo and my mother were lecturing me about putting my health in danger. I promised both of them I would start eating three meals a day again.

*Next Morning*

Justin's POV:

I was cleared by the nurse and by many doctors to go home. I couldn't have been more ecstatic. My mom and Fredo helped me up from the bed and into a wheelchair since I was too weak to move on my own.

"Now, I want you to be eating Justin." My mom said for the fifth time in five minutes. I nodded, showing I understood her. She still made Fredo come by to get me up before noon and getting me out of bed at a decent hour.

"What is a decent hour?" I ask, leaning over to them since I was in the back seat. They both looked at me for a millisecond before saying, "before noon." in unison.
I lightly chuckled at their overprotectiveness but said nothing.

A/N: Hey readers! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I almost cried writing it. I'm sorry for making Justin go through it but I have a plan! Don't be afraid to leave your predictions in the comments below. Also, I didn't know voting was just a difficult task. It's just pressing that little star. ⭐️
But anyways, byeeee. I love y'all!