Chapter 35

Chapter 35

It had been two months since the hospital visit. It was still a struggle for Justin to jump out of bed before noon but he managed. Scooter forced him to get on a scale everyday to check his weight.

Justin's POV:

It was eight in the morning when I did my routine "weight check" as Scooter calls it. I snapped a picture and sent it to Scooter. I jump off the scale and go eat some eggs.

This has been my routine since the hospital visit. Every day, it was the same thing.
Wake up. Check weight. Eat. Do something that distracts me. Repeat the next morning.

Today wasn't any different than the last fifty nine days. It was the same thing over and over.

It became so natural that it was almost robotic.
I put my plate in the sink so I could wash the dishes later. I grabbed a mop and a bucket. I mopped the floor until it shined. I did the same with the counters and windows. Then, I vacuumed the carpet and washed the couch. At last, I went to wash the dishes. It was the chore I hated the most but it was distracting. I was extremely tired by the same I got done.
I looked at my watch. It was only noon so I called a few friends.

"Hey, Fredo. Wanna chill?" I asked into the phone speaker.

"Sure. Where?" He responded to my question. His tone seem excited that I was trying to socialize with people.

"Town square." I replied and hung up.

*Town Square*

Justin's POV:

Fredo and I met up and went to see a movie. It was something called Heaven is for Real. By the the time the movie had ended, Fredo said he was still hungry. We went to go get some ice cream.

While we both were eating away at our ice cream of choice, I heard a voice call out to me. I looked around and saw a women running towards me.

"Who are you?" I ask the woman.

"You don't recognize me?" The stranger asked. She was wearing a bright blue shirt with dark black jeans. She was wearing very minimal makeup. Her eyebrows were not done.

"No." I replied, shaking my head. I was still freaked out a little bit.

"I'm Darcy." The woman said. Fredo and I stood there in awe.

A/N: Hello, all my fabulous readers! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. How do feel about Darcy coming back? Any thoughts? Don't forget to vote and don't be a silent reader! Authors don't like silent readers!