Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Maddie spent the whole day bawling her eyes out. She knew what she did was wrong but was not willing to accept it. Everything was going downhill and there was nothing she could do to stop it.

*Next day*
Maddie's POV:

I woke up with no message from either of them. The burning feeling in my soul was close to unbearable. I try to ignore it as I crawl out of bed to get ready for the day. I lazily put on my uniform and ate my soggy cereal that, I think, has been out for two days. Tops.

The ride was school was horrible. Every turn, bump or a "hi" from a classmate that knew me well enough, made me want to shrivel up into a ball and cry, not due to them, but recent events. Finally, we arrived at school and it was time to fake a smile. Once again.

I was in the middle of an algebra lesson when I asked to use the bathroom. I ran to the bathroom before bawling my eyes. I fell to the floor, continuing to cry while my body was shaking due to how much crying I was doing. It had been at least five minutes before a classmate, Jenna, came in and saying,
"Maddie, are you here?."

I lifted my head. She gave an sympathetic look before holding out her hand, waiting for me to take it. It was a few moments before I decided to do just that.

"Are you okay?" She asked, grabbing a damp paper towel and wiping my face with it.

"Um....yeah." I said, not wanting to talk about my problems with my friends with someone who was just being nice because the teacher told her to.

"Okay." She said, leading me back to class.

*At home*

Maddie's POV:

I came home and immediately went on my computer to my favorite program, Photoshop. I loved editing pictures of Justin and of other things, mainly Justin.

I edited pictures of him for a few hours, deciding which ones were good enough to post. Then I check my "business email" if that's what you want to call it. It was an email made for chapter requests and edit requests. Of course, they would have to pay a small, ten dollar fee but that was beside the point. I love photoshop. I love writing. I think I may have found my purpose.

That was the distraction until a few minutes ago, when I realized school existed. I looked over to my backpack to see it hadn't been touched. I sighed, before saving my edits and written chapters and getting out my books.
Let's get you done, homework. 

After a couple hours of slaving over homework, I shut my books and posted an edit with the caption
New chapter tonight on wattpad.

I liked a few pictures and closed the app. I went on Twitter and tweeted the same thing. I grammar checked the chapter before posting it.

Making things calmed me down. It was a relief that I was taking all the stress into doing something productive. It combined the two things I loved most. Community and creating. That's what graphic art and writing are. Creating something. You aren't hurting anyone and you're leaving something behind to make your mark on this world.

A/N: Hey! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. What do you think your purpose is? Leave your comments below!