Chapter 3

Freya POV

"You don't have a choice mon amour", he said.

I jerked my head up " What is that Spanish", I said.

" French dove", he said petting my hair. I was tempted to slap his hand away ,but I didn't because I don't have a death wish.

" What do you want from me ,kids you want a heir to the throne well I got some news for you I'm not some slut that you can get pregnant then throw away like last nights roman noodles", I said.

" Feisty are we", he said snottily . I went to say something snotty back then I shut my mouth. I remembered I want to live. But why I mean what did I really have to live for being locked in a dungeon having the kings kids and then being killed. I made up my mind I would run at the first chance I got ,if I got one that is.

" Freya I want you too know I don't just want you so I can have kids", he said breaking the silence I rolled my eyes ,vampires couldn't have children unless they had it with their mate he was using me and I knew it he was King Lucas the ruthless after all. He must have sensed my doubt because he grabbed my arm and pulled me around so I was facing him.

" Freya your my mate I love you ,and I will forever kids or not", he said his eyes serious. I was surprised did he really mean that ,did he really love me. No one had ever loved me except my friends maybe ,but that was sisterly live this was ... love not just sincere feelings or strong affections.

" How do I believe you", I whispered and I didn't think he'd heard me at first. He put his hand on my chin and pulled my head up. Then I felt his lips on mine it was a soft innocent kiss and he was the first to pull back.

" I'll make you believe give it time", he said.

" And if you don't get me to believe you love me then I can go", I asked.

" Never mon amour pour toujours", he said using French again.

" Your really going to hold me against my will", I asked pouting with my lip out.

" I've done worst. One time I killed a whole dinner table of people at the mayors birthday dinner including the mayor", he said. I opened my mouth to say something but I quickly closed it thinking better of it when I really thought about what he said.

He smirked " good choice love ". The rest of the ride was silent then we came to a gate. My mouth opened wide as I looked at the castle behind the gate in front of me. The castle looked to be about 12 stories high. It was about as long as two football fields. It was black and looked scary as hell.

" Close your mouth you'll catch flies", King Lucas put his hand on my jaw and gently closed my mouth.

"I'm gonna be living in that", I gulped.

" Wait till you see the impaled people on the poles in the yard." He said. I looked up at him to see if he was kidding or not ,but he was being serious. What was this man ,Dracula? I gulped and felt my heart speed up I'd never even been outside the 'orphanage' before in my life and one of the first things I see is this. I mean I looked out the window in the limousine but all their really was ,was city's and pastors. The man at the gate saw King Lucas and immediately opened the gate we went through and the first thing I saw was the impaled bodies on poles. I screamed and King Luca pulled me into his chest.

" Freya don't be frightened we've already passed them", he turned me around and sure enough we were already passed the impaled bodies

"why do you have them", I whispered.

" So when people come they know I'm not a person to play around with and they follow my rules or die", he said.

I gulped "I think your about the scariest person I've ever met", I whimpered.

" Not surprisingly I get that a lot", he smirked at me. God help us all.