Chapter 4

Freya's POV
When the limousine stopped without even asking King Lucas just picked me up bridal style and carried me into the castle.

"I can walk you know", I said.

"I'm perfectly aware Porte-coeur", he said using French yet again.

" I don't know what your saying King Lucas", I said rolling my eyes. King Lucas looked down at me.

" you are to address me as Lucas ,we're mates Freya", he said.

"Yes your ma... Lucas", I said giggling nervously. He rolled his eyes at me then he put me down.

"Look around your new home Freya",he said then he ran forward and picked me up again and ran through the house showing me the different rooms. He actually made me laugh as he enthusiastically showed me all the rooms. We got to the kitchen and girls sat around a big table. They all looked down ,and nodded their heads with respect as we walked by. After we walked out of the room I whispered to Lucas

"What's their problem", I asked him wondering why those girls had stopped talking and looked down nodding with respect as Lucas came by.

"Their scared of me because I'm scary as **** he said. I gasp at his bad language.

"Oh c'mon Freya I impale people my cursing should not be a surprise", he said.

"Right I forgot I was talking to Mr. If you get on my nerves I'll find you and impale you in your sleep then stick you on a pole in my front yard", I said exasperated.

"Well remember", Lucas pushed me up against the wall of the castle.

" maybe I should make you remember who I am", he said licking his lips and looking at my neck.

I did not want to get bit by a vampire today or ever I heard it was extremely painful. Lucas started kissing my neck I tensed up

  "Lucas your scaring me", I said. He looked up his eyes were black. I screamed as fear made it's way through my body. I closed my eyes and tried to back up as far away from Lucas as I could get which wasn't very far considering he had me pinned against a wall.

" look at me Freya", I shook my head no I didn't want to see those eyes again.

He gently pulled my head up ,and my eyes met his normal blue ones that were softening as I looked at them.

" Freya I'm sorry I scared you I would never hurt you", he grabbed by hands. I looked into his eyes seeing if their was anything their that could tell me whether or not he was telling the truth or not. I saw genuine honesty.

I sighed and leaned into him ,"I forgive you".

Lucas
"I'm not sleeping In the same bed as you Lucas", Freya said for like the third time.

" It's either that or sleep in the dungeon Mon Amour", I said.

She smirked at me " Fine bye",  she said turning to go down the hallway. I grabbed her arm. Don't let your eyes turn black don't let your eyes turn black I inwardly chanted in my head.

It scared Freya and the last thing I wanted to do was scare my little mate.

" Freya", I growled then tried again.

" Freya your staying with me", I said using my this conversation is over king voice.

She looked at me for the longest time then sighed

"Fine but you stay on your side of the bed or else I'll pluck your eyebrows while you sleep", she huffed at me.

" I love how a few minutes ago you were calling me your majesty and being all polite and good subjecty but now your getting all brave and threatening to mess up my face , I growled.

" Lucas subjecty is not a word", she said.

I layed back on the bed exasperated. Freya layed beside me and I pulled her in my arms. She tried to squirm out of them but I held her tight. My hands hands were on her stomach and her ribs. I felt them and gasped I never knew how small she was. I pulled up Freya's shirt she was so skinny if looked like her lungs were going to come out of her skin. Their were bruises all over her stomach and chest.

"Freya what is this", I growled and I knew my eyes were turning black.

" It's what happens to humans in this land Lucas", she said her face turning sorrowful.

" I want to kill any bastard who hurt you", I said.

"It happens to everyone Lucas it's not like I'm the only one that got abused", Freya said.

I held Freya tighter to me " you won't ever get hurt again Freya ,I promise you,"I would do anything in my power to make sure no one hurt Freya again. I thought about her stomach again.

"Freya when is the last time you ate", I asked.

"I don't know 5 or 6 days", Freya said. I gasp and picked Freya up then I started to run to the kitchen.

" Lucas what are you doing", Freya squealed. I put her down in the kitchen and told one of my blood slaves to fix her something. The woman immediately obliged and Freya food was done a minute later.

I expected Freya to dig into her food like their was no tommorow. But she ate slowly and with poise.

"How do you do that", I asked. Freya looked up at me clearly confused

" do what", she asked.

" Not dig in and get messy after not eating almost a week", I know I wouldn't be able to do it.

" At the 'orphanage' we all are together when we eat our few meals and everyone wanted us to be poised and have tables manners so when we were sold we would be able to have manners if we ever had to eat at a dinner party or In front of our master. So they trained us so that no matter how hungry you were you never dig into your food and if we did we were punished", she said.

" that's sick you can dig into your food as much as you want here" , I said putting my hand on Freya's cheek and pulling up her head so our eyes would meet. Her green ones stared into my blue ones.

" Never again Freya never again", I said and she knew I was talking about that hellhole she grew up in.