Laced - Chapter 56 (A Panicked Reaction)

Magsimula sa umpisa

And then, through the window, I could see Zayn walking backwards to his door, the gun still pointed at Sebastian. The door unlocks, and then Zayn's inside, then the car engine is on and he's pulling out of the parking lot faster than I thought was possible.

Before I know it, we're out of the parking garage and speeding towards the highway, thirty, maybe forty miles per hour over the legal speed limit.

I wipe at my eyes, but it's no use. The tears kept falling. I can't speak, because I'm in complete shock.

His hand is clenched tightly around the steering wheel, his knuckles becoming white, and he's breathing hard.

I'm so angry, so fucking angry as I glare at him and explode. "What the fuck was that?!?!"

He doesn't answer me, looking over his shoulder to check for cars before he switched lanes and drove on to the freeway.

"What the fuck! Tell me!! You were going to shoot my fucking brother! Are you fucking insane!?!!?" I'm yelling at the top of my lungs, and a sob racks though my body.

Again he doesn't answer, only adding to my infuriation.

"You're a fucking asshole! Take me back! Take me back!!"

When he doesn't answer, I reach over the barrier and and bring my hand across his face.

--

Zayn's POV

"Sebastian?" Abby stumbles out of the car, and I look up from where I am to her. Her eyes are trained on the asshole that just bumped into me, and I stop in my tracks, looking back to the man.

"Abbs?"

I take one more glance back at Abby, and then at the man again, and then everything hits me like a train. Holy. Fucking. Hell. He's literally a spitting image of her, an almost exact same copy, but in a older, more masculine form.

My hands have a mind of their own when they pop open the trunk and pull out the gun I kept in there just in case, and I turn back and aim at the man who was now a threat to everything I had.

"Get back in the car, now." My voice comes out low, authoritative, and demanding. Abby need to get the fuck back in the car, and quick. I couldn't lose her, not now. We were just discussing the fact that she would leave, but I'm not ready to have her gone this fast. Not now. Never.

It's like time has slowed down, all my senses becoming so much sharper, so much clearer. I can hear my own breathing, I can feel my heart pound, and I can feel the adrenaline rush though my veins.

She's stubborn, like always, when she takes a step in our direction.

"No, what the fuck are you doing?" She screams, "that's my brother-"

I know it's her fucking brother. It couldn't be any more blatantly obvious. I cut her off with a threat. "I said get back in the car now! Or I'll shoot!"

Taking an step in his direction, my thoughts race in my mind as I held up the gun. Would I actually shoot him? Yes. No. Fuck, I don't even know. All I knew was that I couldn't think straight, not with Abby slipping out of my fingers like sand right before me while I could do something about it.

"No! Stop! Don't hurt him!"

My breathing is hard, too hard. I can't think. I notice him look over to Abby, and then back to me.

"This is the last time! Get back in the fucking car!" I can't even turn back and look her in the eyes, because I don't know what I'm doing. I'm being a coward, but I couldn't give a fuck at this point. My mind was only set on one thing - not losing Abigail.