"So what happen?" Teyana asked taking off her sneakers.
"Ummmm... I um had sex with August..." Jae admitted.
"WHAT?!?! MY BITCHHHHHH! HOW WAS IT? YALL TOGETHER? I NEED DETAILS MY NIGGA!" Teyana smiled.
"Calm down. I didn't want that to happen, but he was better than B. Waaaaay better."
"1. That's nasty cause Brandon's my brother. But You like him right? So make it official!"
"I don't know.. I don't want him to be playing with my head."
"Well, you should probably find out." Teyana said getting up and walking to the bathroom to change. Jae nodded and pulled her phone out her bag.
She scrolled to "Aug 😒💯💙" in her phone and clicked on it.
He answered after 2 rings. "Wassup shawdy?"
"Nothing. I wanna talk to you."Jae told him.
"We'll talk tomorrow aight ma? I gotta get up early, so I'll talk to you in the morning."
"Ok. Bye. Jae hung up and sighed. She changed into her night clothes and fell asleep.

In the morning, Jae woke up to a text from August, and a missed call from Kay. She'd forgotten all about Kay. She opened up the text from August.

Aug 😒💯💙: I'll come getchu from yo friend house. I kinda know my way alil bit.

Jae: I hope you get lost. But ok. Come on.

Jae clicked the home button on her phone and went to shower. She decided to straighten her hair. She put on a crop top with a leather skirt and she wore powder blues. She put on her trill beanie, and put her important things (phone charger, phone, keys, etc.) in her Michael Kors bag.
She checked out the window and August was out there. Teyana had already left for school. August, Jae and Rakim weren't on any type of break. They were just missing school, but Jae had made sure to get all her work. She was still set on going to college. She walked outside, and saw August leaning on a car.
He looked cute as always.
"Damn Jae, what's the occasion?" August greeted her.
"No occasion. A bitch can't look cute for herself? Gahdamn."
August chuckled, and walked over to her. Jae looked at him, and he kissed her. She didn't kiss back though. August pulled away. "What's wrong ma?"
"That's what I wanna talk to you about Aug."
August gave her a confused look then sighed. "Alright. We'll talk in the car."
"Car?" Jae asked.
"Yeah. I rented a car. Ion feel like walking everywhere."
"You could've took my car you know?" Jae said getting in the car.
"I know but I'm a man. You supposed to be riding in my car not the other way around." August said as he got in the driver's seat.
"So wassup?" August asked Jae as he turned on the radio and started driving.
"So we had sex or whatever. And I don't wanna be played again. So if you bet on me, give it up now cause I'm not about to keep playing games alright?"
August kept his eyes on the road. "Aight, I know I was wrong for betting on Rakim and you, but I aint making no bets right now ma. All the shit that happened yesterday was real."
Jae simply responded with, "Mhm."
August pulled into Ihop's parking lot and parked. He turned to look at her.
"Jae, Im serious right now. I wanna be with you. If you was a quick nut, you'd know cause I wouldn't be sweating you. So get that out your head. I want you." August said looked Jae straight in the eye.
Jae believed him this time. "Ok, I believe you."
"So you tryna be my girl or what?"
"Wait on it." Jae said smiling.
August kissed his teeth and pouted.
Jae smiled and kissed him. "Chill."
August kissed back, and got out the car. Jae did the same. He took her hand and walked into the restaurant.
They got seated, and a boy walked up to them.
"Hello, I'm Antonio and I'll be your server today. What can I get you to drink beautiful?" The waiter asked staring at Jae.
Jae blushed. "Um. Thank you. Can I get a caramel iced coffee?"
"Anything for you. Are you and your brother enjoying yourselves?" Antonio asked.
August was turning red. "Look here Bruh, you know damn well she aint my sister, so do your job and get me a pepsi nigga damn."
Antonio nodded and flashed Jae a smile before walking away.

"What the fuck?" August asked still angry.
"What?" Jae asked.
"You all blushing and shit over the waiter when I'm sitting right here."
"Aug, chill. I'm just flirting. We're not together, sooo..."
"Whatever man." August said.
A darkskinned girl with shoulder length hair with a skirt too short for Jae's liking walked over to the table.
"Hey handsome." The girl said to August.
August flashed her a smile. "Wassup ma."
"Chillen. Call me sometimes." The girl said as she slipped him a piece a paper and walked away.
Jae damn near jumped on the girl. She glared at her.
August chuckled. "Stop doing that. It makes you look jealous."
"I don't give a fuck. She see me sitting here. She lucky I aint jump over this table and pull her stiff stank ass weave off her damn head. Skirt so tight, it's giving her a wedgie."
August liked seeing Jae jealous.
"We're not together sooo..." He mocked her.
Jae sucked her teeth and smiled. "Shut upppp."
August laughed.
"Antonio's coming back." Jae smirked.
August scoffed. Jae laughed.
"Be nice."
Antonio walked over with their drinks and slipped Jae a paper with his number on it.
"Thank you." Jae said and Antonio winked.
After Antonio left, August snatched the paper from Jae and ripped it up.
"Let this nigga keep playing with me."
"That's not fair! You got your number from that thot, why i can't get my number?" Jae said pouting.
"You already got my number ma."
Jae laughed. "Nahhh. You was never saved boo."
"Oh word?" August raised his eyebrows.
Jae nodded and laughed. They ordered their food until Jae's phone rang. She answered.

"Yoooo"
"Oh, now you answer the phone huh? Forgot about your bestfriend in New Orleans huh?" Kay said.
"I didn't forget about you. I just been busy. Wait hold on real quick."
August was trying to drink Jae's iced coffee, so Jae whined. "August stopppp. If you drink my coffee, I will cut you!"

Then she got back on the phone. "Yeah."
"August? You might wanna fill me in cause last time I checked, you hated him." Kay responded confused.
"Wellll, alot happened between me and him. I mean, I don't even know what to call us." Jay responded.
August took the phone from Jae. "Yooo Kay Wassup?"
"Nothing, so you wanna tell me what happened between you and Jae orrr?" Kay responded.
'Well, we got into some things. But we could be a couple, but ole' girl playin games." August said looking directly at Jae.
"Ohhhhh. Aight, I got you bro. I can make that happen. "
August chuckled. "Thanks Kay."
"Tell her I'll call her later."
"Aight." August hung up the phone and handed it back to Jae.
"Don't be snatching my phone nigga damn!" Jae said.

August blew her kiss, and she gave him a stank face. They finished eating, and August paid the check. Antonio wrote down his number again, and gave it to Jae on the low, and August and her left.

While August was driving, Drunk in love by Beyonce came on.

Jae started singing it. After the song was over, Jae saw August staaring at her with a kool-aid smile. "What?"
"You can sing ma. I shouldn't be the only one going after this singing thing."
Jae shook her head. "Fame aint for me. I'm cool being at the bottom. Plus, I'm tryna focus on school, and dancing."
"Damn, do bands make you dance?"
Jae laughed. "Nahhhhh. "

August nodded then his phone rang. He parked the car and answered the phone. They were in Times Square.

"Hello?"
"Yes. Is this August Alsina?"
"Yeah."
"Hello, this is Darrel. I'm an executive from Def Jam. We've heard your demos, and we would like to sign you immediately."
"That's wassup. I'll call you back with a decision."
"Ok. Have a goodnight Mr. Alsina."
"Bye." August hung up, and looked at Jae.

"What happen?"
"Def Jam wants to sign me."
"What?!?! Bae that's great! You're gonna sign with them right?"
"Wellll, I kinda sorta came to New York to sign with RCA."
"But Def Jam is better. You should go with Def Jam, but Imma let you decide."
August nodded his head then smirked. "You called me bae. It's official."
Jae laughed. "Shut uppppp! Don't gas yourself up. I call everybody bae."
"So that bum on the corner is bae?"
"Yes! His sexy homeless ass!" Jae laughed.
August sucked his teeth, and Jae smirked. "You get jealous too easily bae."

August smiled, and got out the car. He really liked Jae, no lie. But he didn't know if he could be in a relationship with all this shit happening with the record labels. Jae would be supportive, but she was playing games. Plus, he could have a baby by K. Meanwhile, Jae liked August, but she didn't wanna be in a relationship. She'd rather chill with him, but be able to talk to other people. She was pretty sure August would be doing the same so why stress in a relationship? Boys would distract her anyways. She'd be leaving New York the next night to go back to New Orleans, so she needs to focus on Teyana, and her family up here. She just doesn't wanna be tied down in a relationship at the moment maybe later.

_____________________________________________________________________________

So the pictures of the people in the story are to the side. If you are confused by anything, let me know. Ima start updating again tomorrrow so yeah.

-Jay