“Hold on” I ran upstairs and grabbed his jacket off of the back of the door. As I walked downstairs with it in my right hand I pushed my left hand into the pocket where the poster was and pulled it out. I walked into the kitchen and handed him his jacket. “I forgot to give you this last night and I saw this...” I said holding up the piece of paper. “... hanging out of the inner pocket... so I got curious and wondered what it was.” I shrugged.

“You know curiosity kills the cat” Jake said smiling as he took the jacket out of my hand.

I shrugged “so Amber’s dead then.”

He laughed at my comment “so you’re not mad?”

“Oh course I am” I said causing his face to change from a playful one to an upset one. “I told you everything about my dad and I have never even told anyone about that but yet I know you for 5 days and you know more about me than anyone else does. But yet you can’t tell me this little bit of information.”

“I didn’t tell you because I didn’t want the risk of people finding out. I could go to jail for racing illegally.”

“So you’re worried about yourself?”

“NO it’s just.... if anyone of my rivals found out that you knew they can use you against me... it’s not like high school or anything it’s dangerous near the tracks.”

“Are you seriously that stupid that you think I would go prancing around near a race track... I’m not that stupid”

“I know ok... I know and I’m sorry.” He said hugging me. I wondered why he’d hugged me until I reached up to my cheeks and felt something wet. I’d been crying. Why? He kept repeating sorry in my ear and saying he was stupid he knew he could have trusted me. I nodded into his shoulder whilst he ran his hand through my hair trying to sooth me. It was so relaxing I wish I could have stayed there for a very long time.

After a couple of hours I woke up on a very soft surface. I turned over and saw my alarm clock which caused me to slowly sit up. I saw a little piece of paper hanging out from underneath the alarm clock I pulled it from underneath and saw that my name was wrote on the front of it. I opened it to see what was in it:

Just gone out to get a takeaway. I’ve written this in case you might be wondering where I am... I don’t know. Anyway I’ll be back soon.

Jake

As I finished reading it I heard the front door open. Crap... I wonder if he locked the front door. Of course he won’t have he doesn’t have a key. I walked downstairs slowly and heard shuffling in the kitchen. I followed the sound, ducked down low, until he turned around and I realised it was only Jake.

 “Hi bedhead” he laughed.

“What?” I asked whilst moving over to the mirror in the hallway and saw some strands of my hair sticking out because I’d been asleep. I shrugged and left my hair the way it was.

“Still mad at me?” he asked. I turned my face away from him so then he could get the message.

“See I knew you would be like this ssoo...” he said. He turned around to pick up a pizza box and grabbed hold of my hand to pull me into the living room. “I have ham and mushroom pizza” he pointed at the box on the coffee table and then turned around holding DVD’s “and a bit of Vin Diesel or is it Paul Walker for you” I slowly felt a smile coming on to my face.

“Haha... I got a reaction” he said smiling at me. I shook my head at him.

“By the way it’s both” I said laughing and snatching the DVD’s out of his hand. “Also, the cars and the racing”