24|twenty-four

"But think what it would be like to be able to fly!" Luke shouts, throwing his arms out. I laugh at him, shaking my head.

"Yeah but think of all the things you could do with invisibility. You could walk into any place you wanted, go anywhere without paying, take thi-"

"But you could fly! You could just pick yourself up and soar above the buildings and go to, I don't know, Zimbabwe." Luke adds, using all of the necessary hand gestures to go along with his statement.

"Zimbabwe?" I laugh, skipping a couple steps forward. We were strolling through town because we got bored of watching 80's movies all day. I love them so much but they can get tiring after a while, I must admit. 

"Yeah, why not." He laughs too, taking my hand and spinning me round then holding his arm on my shoulder. This makes me blush, still. My crush on Luke is growing more and more everyday, especially since he kissed me. I don't know what we are, though. I'm also not sure what's going on with Ava and him, they're so distant and it's never been more obvious that she's cheating on him.  

"Hang on a second princess, my phone's ringing

"Hang on a second princess, my phone's ringing." He says, taking his phone out of his pocket with his other hand so he didn't have to lose contact with my shoulders. It made it slightly more difficult for him to get his phone but he got there in the end.

"Hi Calum! What's up?" He says, his face lighting up. I smile at his face because he looks so happy. "Oh my God, really? Hang on, call me when I get back to Ava's so we can talk about this! Alright, see you later Cal. Love you, bye." Then he hangs up his phone.

"What was that all about?" I ask, holding his large hand with my tiny one. I marvel at the size difference.

"They've apparently found a new drummer for our band! This is so cool!" He yells, turning to face me with joy spread all across his gorgeous face. I smile so sweetly at him and wrap my arms around his neck, his automatically squeezing round my waist. He lifts me up and twirls me round a bit, making me let out a squeal.

"Come on then, we better get home. Race you to the car!" I shout, already running off.

"Hey!' He laughs, running after me. 

+

"Cal!" Luke shouts from the living room. I'm in the kitchen cooking dinner because I didn't want to order takeaway for the seventh night in a row, so I decided to make chicken stuffed with mozzarella, wrapped in parma ham with a side of homemade mash. I'm stuffing the chicken when I hear Luke laughing hysterically, I just have to see what all the fuss is about.

I walk into the living room, wiping my hands on this tea towel that we've had since I was little. Looking down at Luke sitting on the sofa, I hear another Australian accent as well as his. 

"Ah, look! It's Mia! This is who I was on about, Cal." Luke beams, patting the sofa for me to sit down on. I run my hands through my hair,slightly nervous about talking to Luke's friend.

"Hey Mia! Luke's told me a lot about you." Calum says, followed by a wink. I chuckle, waving to him.

"Good things, I hope?" I say jokingly, causing Luke to wrap his arm around me and kiss my head. 

"Of course, princess." Luke whispers, making sure only me and him could hear. I hear an obvious cough coming from his phone, making us all laugh.

"Sorry Calum." I chuckle, tucking my hair behind my ear. He shakes his head at us, grinning from ear to ear. 

"Don't worry about it, you guys are cute. So, about the new drummer!" He says, and I take it as my queue to leave. Luke pulls on my hand, willing me to stay. I tell him I have to make dinner, knowing he would let me go because it's for food. Of course.

+

I open a bottle of Pinot Grigio over our dinner as a sort of celebration for their band completing their ensemble. We clink glasses and take sips, leaning back in our chairs and admiring each other. I'll never get tired of looking at him. His dimples that come out when something makes him laugh, his tiny, upturned nose that is way too feminine for a man. His crystal clear eyes that provide a weird sense of calm whenever I look into them.

"I can quite honestly say, I've never laid my eyes on anything more beautiful than you." He admits, swirling his wine round the glass, one arm slung round the back of his chair. I smile, looking down out my legs, beginning to deny it. He cuts me off immediately, leaning forwards and looking directly into my eyes.

"I'm being serious, Mia. You are so gorgeous, inside and out. You don't get many people like you, that's why I'm so smitten for you. I have to admit, I've fallen for you. Hard. It was scary. I knew you would be special, ever since I first saw you walk down those stairs. The thing is, the more I got to know you, the more I've fallen in love with you. There. I said it. I'm in love with you. I know I sound like Augustus Waters, this is all so very cliché I've just realised. Confessing my love for you over a candlelit dinner. But I guess I can say, 'I fell in love the way you fall asleep. Slowly, then all at once.' There, I quoted one of those films you made me watch that you love. But all of that's true, and I wouldn't trade what we have for the world."

By this point, I'm wiping away the few tears that have managed to slip out whilst listening to what the boy I'm in love with just said

By this point, I'm wiping away the few tears that have managed to slip out whilst listening to what the boy I'm in love with just said. I'm so honestly, truly happy that he feels exactly how I feel about him. "You haven't said anything, Mia." Luke says, laughing nervously.

"Oh Luke, -I-wow. I'm completely, head over heels in love with you. I can't tell you how good it feels to finally know that you feel that way as well." I admit, still in awe.

His face lights up at my words and he reaches over the table to kiss me, but we're interrupted just as about our lips were going to meet. 

A clatter is heard over by the doorway, making me and Luke jerk our heads towards the source of the sound. I know that clatter all too well. It's Ava's designer Givenchy bag, on our hardwood floors. My heart drops to my stomach, and I'm sure Luke's did the same.

She's standing there, arms by her side, eyes squinted. She's not upset, of course. She's angry. 

+

idk if I should've done this lol oh well