13|thirteen

"Oh my word. Look at this dress." Blair whispers to me, pasuing between each word. She holds it out as if it were some gift sent from God. It was a lovely burgundy colour that exposed just the right amount of cleavage. It was drenched in lace and ended mid-low thigh with a flowy bottom. I have to admit, it was gorgeous.

"Blair, try it on! It would suit your new hair." I exclaim, taking the dress and examining it for myself. Blair had just dyed her waist-length hair a beautiful blue colour, it didn't look cheap or tacky though. It had a dark ombrè theme, starting with her dark-almost-black roots and slowly transitioning to a darling ultramarine colour.

That's what annoyed me about Blair. She could pull absolutely anything off. She also had the confidence and guts to do it, she was one of those I-don't-give-a-crap girls I guess. I, on the other hand, would be way to timid to even attempt to do anything that obtrusive.

The nose ring was a one off, I was with Luke. He makes me feel like I can do anything, as clichè as it sounds.

"Do you really think so?" She replied, hope twinkling behind her chestnut eyes. I laugh and roll my eyes.

"Yes! You'll look fabulous, dah-ling!" I say in a posh accent, placing the dress back in her hands and pushing her towards the dressing room.

"Wait, you have to try something too." She says, her eyebrows pulling together and her eyes glancing around the rails filled with endless supplies of clothes. They widen as she settles on a piece of fabric. She squeals and runs towards it, stepping on several coat hangers on the way earning a few beastly glares off some employees. I shrug them off and giggle after Blair. She siezes the piece of clothing and thrusts it towards me, her eyes bright and a big grin spread accross her face.

"Oh my life, is this some kind of joke? Are you trying to turn me into a slutty emo?" I exclaim, focusing on the dress that she has suggested. It's a skimpy black dress with a bralet at the top that barely covers my boobs, followed by an intricate grid pattern. It finishes with just a simple skater skirt, ending high-mid thigh.

"Oh, come on! Be daring for once in your life, babe!" Blair says, her knees bending a little as she says her sentence. I narrow my eyes at the outfit and sigh reluctantly.

"Fine, but I'm only trying it on. No promises." I say sternly, pointing my finger at Blair. She lets out an excited squeal and ushers us both towards the changing rooms.

"Oh my word, Blair! You look amazing!" I exclaim, wiggling my index finger instructing her to twirl. As she obeys my order, the dress follows her round making her look like some sort of Goddess. It looked beautiful on her. The dress hugged er slim curves and complimented her tan skin.

I sighed internally because she could easily pass as a model. She was about 5'11 with a skinny waist and skinny legs. However, she also had an ass, boobs and hips which annoyed me even more.

I shrugged off my selfish thoughts and proceeded to get changed into my outfit that she had picked out for me.

As I slipped out of my Victoria's Secret jumper and leggings, I stared at myself in the mirror. I couldn't help but be disappointed at the girl staring back at me. I sighed as I stared at my very prominent hip bones, collar bones and rib cage. I've always been skinny, however since I'm trying to become a well known model it's working to my advantage. 

Don't get me wrong, I have the biggest appetite of anyone I know.

As I slipped the black, silky fabric over my head, I turned to look in the mirror. A small smile crept onto my face as I turned slightly, letting the fabric flow freely around my legs. If I may say so myself, it looked good on me. I felt beautiful for once.