11|eleven

"Mum! What the hell are you doing?" I scream as the sunshine threatens to blind me after being exposed to me by my mother. As the curtains glide along the pole at the speed of light I groan and shove my face back onto my warm pillow.

"Mia! Get up!" My mum shouts, stripping the duvet off me and letting the harsh cold air mix with the warmth of my covers. I shriek and attempt to pull them back, only to then be pulled away from me again.

"Why do I have to?" I say sitting up, admitting defeat.

"Well, we're all going out today. As a family." My mum says, beginning to walk out of my room. I slam my head back onto my pillow in frustration and ball my hands into fists, my knuckles turning white.

"Oh, and get in the shower!" I hear mum shout from the hall.

----------

Humming to a song that was playing on the radio this morning, I let my hair air dry. I put on some shorts and a black top that I remember Blair buying for me.

"Hey, ready to go?" I asked everyone who were in the living room, chatting. I noticed Luke and Ava cuddled up together, occasionally pecking each other's lips. As soon as mine and Luke's eyes met, he licked his lips and pulled his arm from Ava and put his hands between his knees, guilt spread all over his face. Why does he look like that, after all she is his girlfriend!

Luckily, she didn't pick this up. I smiled a sarcastic sweet smile then discreetly rolled my eyes and popped a chewing gum in my mouth, crossing my arms. I guess seeing Ava and Luke together had triggered my sudden mood swing. I knew that I had to get used to them being together, but it's very difficult and Luke isn't making it easier for me.

"Yes honey, I just need to go an grab my purse." My mum answered, standing up. I walk over to the kitchen island, Luke and Ava still in sight because our house is very big and open-planned, so everything is together and there aren't many walls separating the rooms from each other.

I pull out my Chanel No.5 perfume and spritz it a few times, rubbing my wrists together. I sigh and walk over to the fridge and grab a bottle of water and placing it carefully in my bag, making sure it was upright.

"Okay, all ready! Let's go." My mum exclaims, walking down the stairs. We all walk into the black Land Rover, Luke in the middle, me and Ava either side of him. My parents were in the front and my dad was driving. Luke put his arm around Ava and held hands with her over her shoulder.

She giggled and gave Luke a quick kiss on the lips before putting her seatbelt on. I sighed and rolled my eyes, yet again, and pulled out my phone. I plugged my earphones in to drown out the sound of  Luke and Ava talking and my parents drooling over them.

We arrived at the car park at Nando's and I smiled.
"Ugh, Mum. Why the hell are we at Nando's?" Ava groaned, slumping back in her chair and crossing her arms, pouting. Sometimes I forget how childish she is.
"Wait. You don't like Nando's?" Luke asks in disbelief. Ava shakes her head in response. I scoff and undo my seatbelt and open the car door before pausing and saying, "I don't know what's wrong with her, I love it." Before smiling at Luke and jumping out of the 4x4.

I could hear Ava scoff, but I chose to ignore her.

"Mia, that waiter is totally checking you out!" Ava whispers to me, nudging my shoulder. Well, he has made eye contact with me for the third time since the five minutes we got there. I blush profusely. If you can't tell already, I blush a lot. "Well, what am I supposed to do? I can't just ask for his number." I state, looking back at the menu and hiding my flushed face.

I always get really nervous in situations like this. I mean, the waiter was really cute. He had this amazing brown curly hair that reached his shoulders and was tousled carelessly because he kept running his hands through it. He had these piercing green eyes that made you feel like you were drowning in them. He had 2 deep dimples that crept up onto his face whenever he laughed or smiled. I could spot a few tattoos his arms but I had to stop looking because he was coming our way, so I had to act natural and not like I was trying to guess his life story.

"Hi, I'm Harry I'll be your waiter for today." He said, adding a cheeky grin on the end to my direction. My parents were completely oblivious to this because hey don't pick up on anything.  Ava, however, was a different story.

As my parents and Luke spoke their orders, I could feel Harry's verdant eyes burning on me. I tried to ignore him but hat was pretty hard since Ava was nudging me every 5 seconds and me responding with a roll of my eyes.

"What will it be for you, Miss?" Harry asked me with a glint of mischief in his eye. I giggle and tuck a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Um, can I have a spicy chicken wrap with chips?" I say, smiling shyly and handing the menu to him.

"Sure thing, it will be right out" He says, following with a wink.

"Oh my days, he's so into you!" Ava squeals. I hear Luke scoff and cross his arms. I choose to ignore him. He's getting mad because some guy is into me, but he still continues to make out with my sister in front of me? I mean, I understand that their dating and all, but do they seriously have to shove each other under my nose?

Shaking my thoughts away, I realise that I need to use the toilet. I stand up and begin to walk over to the toilets, only to be interrupted by a sudden vibration and a ding in my back pocket. I pull out my phone and continue walking, replying to Blair's text about a fashion crisis that she was having.

In a matter of seconds, my nose is being squashed by a big, and may I add, muscular body. I stumble back, dumbfounded.

"I'm really sorry, I didn't mean t-" I say, before getting cut off. I look up and meet a pair of bright green eyes.

"Don't worry about it love." Harry replies with a wink. He grabs my hand and walks away. I bring my hand up and realise that he's put a piece of paper in my hand with his number on it and I chuckle to myself and roll my eyes. This kid is smooth, I'll give him that.

 This kid is smooth, I'll give him that

----------

"Oh my life, he gave you his number?" Blair shouts down the other end of the phone. I groan and pull the phone away from my ear.

"Yes Blair, he did." I reply, rubbing my temples.

"You have to call him! Like, right now!" Blair says excitedly.

"Blair, it's 11 o'clock at night. Don't think so." I say, rolling over onto my back on my bed.

"Ugh, fine. Promise me you'll call him tomorrow. You need a boyfriend, Mia! You're 18!" She states.

"Okay, I will. And I don't need a boyfriend, you know. Anyway, I'm gonna go to bed. I'm pretty tired." I say before yawning.

"Alright, love you. Bye!" Blair says before hanging up.

That Harry guy was kind of cute, I guess. What about Luke though? The whole situation with him is really messed up. I really like him, but I don't even know if he likes me back. Even if heeded, theres Ava that we would have to deal with.

Ugh.

Why is my life so messed up?