7|seven

"Hang on, Mia's getting a car?" Ava asks, putting down her fork.

"Well, she's been saving up for one." My mum explains.

"By doing what?" Ava asks me. I gulp, I honestly love my sister but she can be a right bitch sometimes.

"Uh, I do some modelling sometimes..." I say.

"Modelling? Yeah right." She says, looking me up and down. 

"Ava! Your sister is beautiful!" My mum defends me.

"Yeah Ava, that was low." Luke sys, giving me a weary look. My sister gets like this all the time, I think she has some mental issues but she doesn't like talking about them. 

"She could never a model. Look at her." I scare my chair against the floor and go upstairs, wiping away my tears fiercely.

"Ava, calm down." Says my dad. I sniff.

"No! Luke, I'm your girlfriend, not her!" Ava shouts, her voice breaking halfway through. I sit back, shocked. "I was just gonna see if she was alright!" Luke shouts back, not as loudly though.

"Fine! Go! See if I care." Ava says back, calmer. I hear the door slam and I flinch. I put my head in my hands and bring my knees up to my chest. "I'm gonna go after her. Honey, you should come too. Luke, check on Mia please." I hear my mum say, then the door opens and closes. It's just me and Luke. Again.

I hear footsteps up the stairs, then a light knock on my door. He doesn't even let me respond and he walks in. He doesn't say anything and just opens his arms. I don't hesitate and I run into him. Sobs wrack my body. I cry into his shirt as he strokes my hair, then he shushes me and I calm down eventually. He grabs my hand and pulls me onto my bed and sits opposite me, both our legs crossed. He grabs my hand and rubs it, making circles on the back it with his thumb. A single tear rolls down my face and he leans over to wipe it away. "Hey, hey. No more tears, alright?" He says, bringing his arm back.

"I'm sorry. She does this a lot, I try to not let it get to me. She has good intentions. I think." I laugh. A weak one.

Luke laughs softly at me. "No, it's alright." He leans over and pulls me into a another hug. He rubs my back. We sit there for a few minutes before I pull back "Hey, thanks. For this." I say, laughing. He laughs back, scratching his stubble. He licks his lips and looks into my eyes. I find myself staring back. I cough quietly and I laugh, breaking the uneasy silence. "I'm gonna go downstairs and finish my dinner, you coming?" I ask, raising my eyebrow. His face breaks out into grin and he laughs. "Sure" He says and I grab his hand and run through the door, giggling.

We eat dinner together and we laugh and talk for hours. Ava apologises, as usual. I forgive her. There is still one thought burning in my mind. "Luke," I say, seriously. He looks at me with wide eyes.

"Yeah?" He replies, softly.

"Why did Ava say that? About her being your girlfriend and not me? I just thought it was weird." I ask awkwardly and avoiding eye contact. He sighs and looks around, only to end with his gaze on me. "To be honest, I don't really know. She's really overprotective. I only said that I was going to see if you were okay, and she flipped out. I really like her and that-" I tense up. I can see him looking confused and then realising what he said, then sighing. "Hey, it's alright. I really like you Mia, but I don't want to take anything further. I don't want to get you in bad terms with your family." He says, stroking my cheek. I sigh.

"I understand. I just, I really like you Luke. It's really hard to be around you and my sister." I say, playing with my food. "Well, I'll be sure to warn you when we're together." He says, laughing.

"Alright," I say, looking at him. Ugh, this was going to be difficult. "Come on, help me clean up!" I say, slapping his arm. "Alright, alright! Ow!" He laughs, laughing. He pinches my side and I start giggling. He starts tickling me again and he pulls me into him. He wraps his arms round my neck and my head is muffled into his chest. I wrap my arms around him and we rock side to side, laughing and singling along to the radio. He reaches down and kisses my head. I pull away and grab his hand, running towards the kitchen. "Luke, come on, we have to clear the kitchen." I say, giggling. He pouts but then smiles at me. He boops my nose, I put my hand on his face and pushes him away. "You'll wash, I dry." He says with a wink, followed by a smirk.

I wake up, startled. I look at my phone, its 1 AM. I scratch my head and rip the duvet off my body. I rub my eyes and open my door, confused. I walk over to the balcony and look down the stairs. I see Luke and Ava talking (well, shouting) in the living room. "Did nothing I said earlier mean anything to you?" I hear Ava say, in a shouted-whisper. "Of course it did!" Luke replies, sighing.

"Well, why did you spend more time with my sister than with me?" Ava shouts this time, clearly not bothered about the fact that there are people sleeping and we have neighbours.  You know what Ava, I'm not having this conversation now. I'm going to bed." I hear Luke say, calmly. "Fine, but your not sleeping in my bed." Ava says, scowling. "Whatever" Luke whispers, trotting upstairs. His eyes meet mine and I nod toward my bedroom. He flops on my bed and I laugh at him. "Tough night?" I ask, sitting next to him. He nods, groaning. I ruffle his hair and get back into bed. "Want to sleep here tonight?" I ask. He raises an eyebrow. "Are you sure that's good idea?" He says, his lips slowly turn into a grin.

"Yeah, we'll stick to our own sides. Don't worry." I laugh.

"All right, I'll go grab my clothes." He says, walking out the door. I smile to myself and lean back. When he comes back, I motion my hand towards the bathroom, suggesting that he get changed in there. He walks in and shuts the door, but leaving a crack. I can't help but peer through. I can see his chiselled abs and his muscles. I smile and he puts his shirt on and puts some joggers on. His eyes flit to mine and I look away quickly. He opens the door and laughs at me, climbing into bed. He turns towards me, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. I feel my cheeks going red. "Night night, Mia" He says in a sing- songy voice. I laugh and turn away. "Night night, Luke" I say, mimicking his tone. I laugh before drifting off to sleep, thinking of him.

==================================

I'm really sorry that the chapters are short and that I haven't been posting, school just started so I'm a bit of a mess. Please comment, vote and follow! Love you x