12|twelve

"Hi! Um, is this Harry?" I ask, biting my lip nervously.

I had taken Blair's advice and decided to bite the bullet and call Harry. What did I have to lose? He seemed like a nice guy and not to mention, gorgeous.

"Uh, yeah. Who is this?" He replied. I gulped and took a deep breath.

"It's Mia from Nando's. You gave me your number yesterday?" I say, making it more of a question than statement.

"Oh yeah! I remember you. You're the cute, clumsy one." He says, chuckling, causing me to blush. I raise my hand to my forehead and pinch the bridge of my nose. I sigh.

"Yeah, that's me." I say, raising a hand to the back of my head and scratching it. Harry breathily laughs.

"Aha, sorry. So, how are you?" He asks.

"I'm great! How are you?" I ask grinning.

"I'm good! I was wondering if-" He says before being cut off. I scrunch up my nose and take the phone away from my ear to block out the muffled voices and shouting on the other end. I bring it back when I hear a sigh.

"I'm really sorry, I have to go. My boss needs me. I'll call you later, okay?" Harry says hurredly. I sigh quietly, not wanting him to hear me.

"Yeah, yeah. Sure, talk to you soon. Bye" I say before hanging up.

I bite my lip, thinking about Harry. I really liked Luke, but I had to get the idea of me and him not ever being together because of Ava. I couldn't let my heart get broken. I'm in a really terrible place with Luke and he's not helping me make sense of things.

I hear a creak outside of my door and I jolt up, staring at the slit that lets in light underneath it. I can make out a black pair of Vans giving the identity away immediately. I hear a hand grip my door and slowly open it. Throw my phone on my bed and stand up, waiting for Luke to come in.

His head pops round the door and I give him small smile.

"Hey." I say, sitting back down.

Luke walks over to me and sits down on my bed, facing me with a serious look on his face. I notice the gleam of sweat on his hands and I think that he noticed me looking as he wipes them down his black skinny jeans. He smiles weakly at me then runs his hand through his messy-yet-perfect quiff.

"What's up?" I ask getting slightly worried by his nervous state.

"Who were you talking to?" He blurts out. I sit there stunned by his sudden outburst. He must have heard me talking to Harry or else he wouldn't be so worked up. He wasn't jealous, was he? I shove the thought to the back of my head and clear my throat.

"Harry. Why?" I say, narrowing my eyes, watching Luke's face closely. I notice something ignite behind his beryl eyes. I notice his jaw clench and his knuckles clutch so tightly that they turned bloodlessly white.

"Why were you talking to him?" He asks, his voice shaking and slightly cracking toward the end of his sentence. I shrug and look down at my long stiletto acrylics, anything to distract me from his gaze right now. He always made me feel so nervous, but so good at the same time. I felt like I could be myself around him. However, right now, I felt uncomfortable. It felt like an interrogation or an invasion of my privacy.

Suddenly, a surge of anger burned through my veins towards Luke. He had no right to be asking me stuff like this, it's not like he cared! He had no right and if I wanted to talk to Harry, I would talk to him.

"Why should I explain myself to you?" I snapped standing abruptly. Luke rose to my level, towering over me all the same.

"Mia. Why were you talking to him?" He repeated, his voiced calm but laced with anger. I scoffed and pushed him back, heading towards my door.

"Mia! Answer me!" He shouts, much louder this time.

I turned around to look a him, only to find him standing in the exact same spot, fixing his gaze on nothing particular.

"Luke! Chill out!" 

"Alright, sorry." He says, chuckling a bit.

"Weirdo."