17|seventeen

"Surely that's enough beer?" I ask, loading more of the bitter stuff into the trolley. The party was tonight and me and Luke were in Asda, filling up our shopping cart with enough alcohol to drown England. He pauses in his tracks and looks me dead in the eye, a bottle of raspberry Sourz in his hand.

"Are you serious? We've invited loads of people tonight, we need to be prepared!" He shouts, placing it in the trolley and tweaking my nose. I scrunch up my face and slap his hand away, pushing the trolley further down the isle towards the Smirnoff.

I hear Luke running back up to me and I begin to pick up the pace. I hear him let out a hearty chuckle, making me turn around to him. I laugh as he walks up to me and places his hands on the bar, trapping me in the small space between him and the cart. He leans down, not breaking eye contact with me. My breath gets caught in my throat as I realise how close we are.

His hand reaches up and he brushes my freshly-washed hair off my shoulder, his lips hovering centimetres away from my exposed neck. His fingers trickle down the expanse of it, starting at my ear and ending just above my collarbones. If there was anyone down the isle I would have made him stop, however this wasn't the case.

He lets out a breathy laugh and pulls away, leaving me red-faced and flustered. I reach up to brush the flesh that were moments ago warmed by his calloused fingertips. I dare to avert my eyes up to his and almost want to scoff at his current stance. He has a smug smirk plastered on his face, looking completely fine, hands nonchalantly tucked into his pockets.

I roll my eyes and turn around to push the trolley, heading towards the checkout since we had enough alcohol and food.

"Come on Hemmings, we haven't got all day!" I shout behind me, slowing down my trolley to a pretty vacant checkout.

"I'm coming, chill out." He chuckles, slowing down to a stop and helping me unload the various bottles of drinks and bags of food onto the conveyor belt. I notice that he stopped and I turn to look at him. His eyes are wide, scanning the wide variety of items. "Wow, we really did get a lot, didn't we?" I turn to look at him with a blank look on my face.

"Yes Luke, yes we did."

+
I put on a skimpy black dress, applying some natural makeup and leaving my hair down.

We don't have to worry about Ava, she called us both earlier saying that she'd be stuck in the office all day, what a surprise. It's pretty obvious that she's cheating on Luke, however it's none of my business so I'm not going to try to get involved. I just pray that she won't turn up home whilst the party is still going.

"Mia, it's 8:45, hurry up!" I hear Luke shout from the bottom of the stairs, his words a little drowned out by the thumping music and people dancing, alcohol flowing through their veins. Make my way downstairs and take in my surroundings. It's your typical party, sweaty teenagers dancing, grinding on each other and making out. I laugh at it all because if Ava found out we did this, she would go mental and call mum and dad.

I notice the door open and it's Jess, followed by a series of people. I smile and run down the last few steps, pushing past people to get to the door. Jess notices me and smiles. She's wearing a black short pencil skirt with a matching crop top, her thick blonde hair flowing loosely and minimal makeup.

"Jess! So glad you could make it!" I say, kissing her cheek. She laughs and kisses me back, looking at the guy holding her hand who I assume is her boyfriend. "Mia, this is Corey." She says, gesturing to the boy. He's fairly good looking with brown, messy hair. It's obviously been styled that way, though. He's wearing a leather jacket over a black shirt and black jeans. He gives me a half smile and a wave of acknowledgement.

"This is Lilly and her boyfriend Dylan." She points to a pretty girl, a little shorter than Jess with light brown wispy hair. She appears be wearing no makeup and a slinky silk lilac dress adorns her tiny figure. She gives he a big smile and her boyfriend does the same, afterwards placing a kiss against her temple. He's wearing a light blue shirt with black jeans and is rather good-looking as well. His arm is slung over her shoulder and they are holding hands over her right one.

I smile at them all and welcome them in. However Jess looks back and I look with her, noticing two girls running across the lawn. "Guys, wait!" They shout and they finally catch up.

"This is Kira and Olivia." Jess points to the two panting girls. One has her almost blonde hair in a messy bun, she's wearing next to no makeup and has a baby pink flowy dress on. She smiles, showing one big dimple in her right cheek. The other girl has gorgeous, natural red hair and is wearing a long grey dress that hugs her curves beautifully.

I pull them all in and shut the door behind them, not wanting to let the heat out. "Well, enjoy yourselves!" I say, heading towards the kitchen to get drinks. I spot Luke in there talking to another boy. He's wearing a black shirt with white, fancy lettering on the front, paired with his famous skinny jeans. He spots me and smiles immediately, walking over to me. "Mia! what can I get you to drink, princess?" He is swaying slightly and his eyes seem to be squinted and tired. He's drunk.

"Uh, I don't mind, thanks." I smile, looking around. In the corner, theres a couple making out quite ferociously, I wouldn't even call it making out, I would call it harassment. There's a very drunk guy with a feather boa on and no shirt and three girls doing body shots off of him. I laugh at him and turn my attention back to Luke.

He stumbles his way back over to me, handing me a beer and keeping one for himself. I clink mine against his in appreciation and I open it. He takes a long swig and burps really loudly afterwards, bursting into a fit of giggles. I laugh with him and take a sip, admiring him. He was beautiful. His honey hair was messy because of the endless amount of times he had been running a hand through it, trying to get the strand on the left side of his face to stay upright with the rest of it. Of course, it never does. It hangs there now.

"Mia? Mia!" I hear someone say. Luke's face suddenly turns stony and I have a feeling at who the voice belongs to. Harry.

I turn around and it feels like my eyes have been blessed. He's wearing a long sleeved black jumper, his curly locks pulled back by a matching beanie. As he sees me, his eyes light up and he walks over to me.

"Harry! I'm so glad you could make it!" I begin, wrapping my arms around his shoulders and giving him a kiss on his neck.

"Mia, why the hell is he here?"