16|sixteen

I feel myself being lifted off the couch and I let my eyelids flutter open. I look up, unaware of my surroundings. However, when I notice that Luke is carrying me bridal-style, I remember that I fell asleep on the couch with him. I let a small smile take over my face at the position I'm in and since I want him to keep carrying me, I pretend to still be asleep. He carries me up the stairs effortlessly and kicks open my door gently, pulling my duvet down. He places me ever so carefully down and brings the duvet back over me. I feel his presence very close to me and I'm anticipating what he's going to do next. He reaches forward and I feel his soft lips brush against my forehead, the cool sensation of his lip ring touching me. I hear him switch the light off and hesitate for a moment before closing the door.

I smile to myself and drift away again.

When I wake up, it's much later. 10:26 a.m to be exact. I get up and sit at the edge of my bed, smiling at the memories from a couple of hours ago. I think of Luke and I laugh, overhwelmed by happiness. I eventually get up and pull myself out of my loved-up daze and force myself into the shower.

I sing in the shower a lot louder than I usually would, I'm happy.

Once I get out, I brush my teeth and moisturise, humming as I do so. I then put on some makeup and brush my hair, singing along to Post Malone and Tyler the Creator off of my speakers. I put on some earrings.

I throw on a white shirt and black jeans, not bothering about how I look.

I didn't hear Ava come back last night, I think she's still at work. She's been gone a lot recently, I'm slightly suspicious. However, Luke being Luke, he doesn't suspect a thing.

With a spritz of perfume, I make my way down the stairs and am greeted by a very pleasant sight.

Luke's standing with his back to me, cooking what seems like bacon. He's wearing loose grey sweatpants with no shirt. I watch as his muscles contract whilst he cooks the food, and I feel blessed to have witnessed this. His hair is in a messy state at the top of his head and he hasn't shaved yet, leaving some scruff on his face. Somehow, he makes it work.

I open the fridge and he finally acknowledges that I'm here and he turns abruptly, knocking the frying pan. "Mia!" He shouts, placing the frying pan back onto the stove. I laugh and grab some orange juice and a glass, setting them on the counter.

"Sorry, you seemed to be in your zone so I didn't want to disturb you." I say smugly, pouring the orange juice and putting it back in the fridge, not before I ask him if he wants some. He shakes his head no and leans againsts the counter.

"Wheres Ava?" I ask, taking a gulp of my juice. He doesn't hesitate before replying, "She texted me about an hour ago, she's apparently stuck at the office again. Something about some files she sent through." He mumbled, turning off the oven.

I nod and purse my lips, my finger circling round the rim of the small glass. I had left a little bit of lip gloss on the rim and I rub it off carefully, pretending not to notice Luke staring at me.

"I love those shorts, Mia." He states, placing a plate of steaming hot food in front of me. I chuckle and grab a fork, "Thanks, Luke. Your hair looks good today."

He briefly smiles and begins eating, leaving us both in a comfortable silence.

+

"Which one do you like?" I ask Luke, walking around a various variety of parked cars. We've come to look at cars since I got my license not too long ago. Since my parents make a decent amount of money, I can choose from quite a few.

"Personally, I like this one." He says and poins towards a large, white 4x4 Land Rover. I walk over to it and smile.

"I had my eye on it too." I say and stroke my hand over the bonnet.