3|three

"So, Mia," Luke says to me, playing with his food, "What do you do in your spare time?" Luke asks, smirking.

 "Well, I'm starting college really soon." I reply, eating a forkful of lasagna.

 "No, I mean out of school." He says, laughing at me. 

My cheeks go a light shade of coral and I reply "Oh. Well, I sometimes model for small clothes companies so I audition and practice in my spare time." I say, slowly transferring my gaze from my plate to his sparkling eyes. 

"Oh, that's so cool! I must say, you do have the model look about you." He replies, taking it in. I laugh slightly, light dimples surface on my cheeks. "What do music do you like to listen to?" he asks, raising his eyebrow and playing with his lip ring. It drives me crazy when he does that. 

"I really like Frank Ocean, his album just came out and I've been playing it on repeat. I love Bryson Tiller, The Weeknd, stuff like that I guess." I say, hoping that he likes the same. His eyes widen.

"Nice. I'm more of a Good Charlotte kind of guy but that sort of stuff is good too. My friend Calum would get along with you well." He says, laughing slightly.

"How long have you played your guitar for?"

"5 years." He replies, eyes going a lighter shade of blue. "I feel like when I play my guitar,  the rest of the world just seems black and white, you know? Like nothing else matters." He says, looking at me. I nod in agreement. He smiles at me again, making the butterflies in my stomach do back flips. I liked him. A lot.

"Mia, can you help clear the table please?" My mum asks, nodding at the dirty plates on the table.

I nod at her and grab mine and Luke's plate. "I'll help too, Luke says. "Oh no Angela, don't worry about it." He says, taking the lasagna dish out of my mum's hands. She smiles sweetly at him.

"Oh, thank you Luke." She says, grinning at Ava.

On my way to the kitchen I notice Mum say to Ava, "Wow, he's a keeper!" and laughing. My muscles tense up at this, I have to keep reminding myself that it's my sister's boyfriend.

As we walk in and out of the kitchen, I keep feeling his shoulder brush against mine as we both walk from the dining room to the kitchen, dirty plates in hand. It gives me goosebumps each time. I can't help but watch him walk to collect the last plate. He's wearing skinny black ripped jeans and black vans. They look so good on him. I'm so deep in thought over him that I don't even notice that he's staring right at me, chuckling quietly. He's so hot. I snap back to reality and slap myself on the wrist. "Damn it, Mia! What the hell is wrong with you!"  I say in my head, looking at the floor.

Later on, we're all in the family room. Ava and Luke on the sofa next to my mum and dad. Luke's arm is around Ava and I try to not notice. I sit in the armchair to the right of them, near to Luke. I listen in on their conversation, biting my nails.

"Ava, tell us how you and Luke met." My mum says with a beaming smile on her face.

"Well, I was at a party and this idiot managed to spill vodka all down my red dress." Ava says, Luke clearly not listening, looking round the room.

"I was mad at first, but he cleaned me up so we were okay. Yeah so, it's all spiralled off from there I guess." She says, looking up at Luke. He looks at her with a small smile and kisses her nose. I roll my eyes and look away. I feel Luke's eyes on me. I stand up and walk out of the living room, into the kitchen. I walk over to the fridge and grab a coke from the fridge and open it in anger. What's wrong with me? I sigh and take a sip. I hear footsteps, expecting it to be Ava or something. I turn around and the first thing I see is those crystal-blue eyes. Luke. "Hey, you okay? You walked out of there pretty quick." He says, leaning on the worktop with his hands in his pockets.

"I'm fine" I say drinking my coke, walking towards the stairs. I feel him grab my hand. I ignore the chill slowly creeping up my back. I turn around and put a fake smile on my face. He smiles back, "For the record, that dress looks good on you." before dropping his hand back to his side and walking back into the family room. I walk up the stairs and flop onto my bed. I reach my hands to my forehead. I bite my lip in thought of him.

Damn you, Hemmings. Damn you.