9|nine

"Oh my days, seriously?" I ask my sister in awe. She's telling me about the time she was helping a tiger give birth to little cubs. I mean, she is studying zoology after all. 

"It was such an amazing experience. It was disgusting though!" She says, cringing at the memory. We both laugh and I squeeze her hand. Even though my sister can be annoying and a kiss-ass, I still love her. 

"Ava, I'm so glad you're back. I missed you, don't ever leave me again!" I shout, chuckling. She raises her hands in surrender, giggling. "I won't, I won't!" She says, her laugh dying down.

I hear footsteps coming into the kitchen and my eyes lock with Luke's. I smile at him and he returns it, running his fingers through his hair and grabbing a bottle of water out of the fridge. He walks over to Ava and squeezes her shoulder. 

"Hey babe," Luke says, kissing her temple. "Hey!" She replies, turning her head and kissing him. I sit there squirming in my stool waiting for them to finish. After about 20 seconds of them exchanging passionate kisses, I cough loudly to bring them out of their love-induced trance. Luke laughs awakardly and scratches the side of his face.

 "Sorry, Mia." He says putting his hands in his pockets. "It's okay," I laugh, standing up. "Next time though, get a room!" I shout to them, walking to the living room.

+

After watching How I Met Your Mother  for 20 minutes, I walk back into the kitchen, searching for something to eat. When I walk in, Luke is sitting at the island, transfixed with something on his phone. I see his eyes dart to different spots on it and his finger moving faster than light. Judging from the sounds emerging from his phone, I guess he's playing a game. I laugh to myself and open the cupboard. My eyes search around for a bit then I grunt, unsuccessfully finding food.

"What's up?" Asks Luke, locking his phone and putting it in his pocket.

"The sky" I smirk, opening the fridge.

"Ha ha, very funny." He replies sarcastically. I laugh and pull out some left over pizza and put it in the microwave. As I'm standing in front of the pizza, waiting for it to heat up, I feel two large hands pinch my waist. 

I scream and turn around, to find a pair of familiar lips laughing at me. I notice how his nose is scrunched up and his eyes are squinted, creating wrinkles at the side of them. I punch his arm lightly and turn back to my pizza. "Your such an idiot, Luke." I mumble whilst he's recovering from his laughing fit.

"Are you watching How I Met Your Mother?" Luke asks, walking into the living room and sitting next to me. I swallow my pizza and reply,

"Yeah, I love it!"

"I do too!" He says, stealing a slice of my pizza. I kick his leg and attempt to get it back, but he's already eaten it.

Greedy Pig.

I put my now empty plate on the table and lightly brush my hands together, causing the crumbs to tumble off them.

"You know, I was thinking," I say, swallowing the last of my pizza.

"What were you thinking?" Luke mutters, not bothering to change his gaze from the T.V to me. I sigh and pause it.

"Hey! I was watching that!" Luke says, pouting like a 5 year old.

"My goodness, your such a child." I say, slightly laughing.

"Anyway, I kind of wanted to, um, get a tattoo" I say, taking my lip inbetween my teeth and exhaling deeply.

"What do you think?" I ask Luke nervously. I had been thinking about this for a while now and I had already discussed it with my parents, they were fine with it, like they are with everything else.

"I think you should go for it." Luke says, shrugging then winking at me.

"Really?" I gasp, surprised that he agreed.

"Yeah, why not?" He replies, nodding his head. "I was nervous about getting my lip ring, but now I love it." He says, playing with it as he talks. I can't take my eyes off of it now, especially since he mentioned it. I let out a shaky laugh and fiddle with my fingers, looking down at my lap.

"Need a lift?" He asks, making me lift my head up to meet his deep blue eyes. He smirks slowly as I nod and stand up, grabbing his hand as I pull him up with me.

What the hell have I got myself into?
----------
"Luke, I can't do this." I say, pacing backwards and forwards, my teeth continuously nibbling on the skin that surrounds my long, matte black stiletto nails. Suddenly, my mouth is filled with the metallic taste of blood. I look at my finger and sigh.

"Hey, calm down, sunshine. It's not as bad as you think it's gonna be. Your getting yourself worked up and that's going to make it worse." He says, looking at my broken skin, frowning at how the deep red blood has stained my finger tip.

He gently grabs my finger and places a small kiss on it. I feel my shoulders retract as he places his soft lips on my flesh. He looks at me with innocent eyes, "Better?"

I nod, with a long exhale. "Let's get this over with." I say, wiping the sweat off my hands onto my burgundy skater skirt. I grab his hand and sit in the chair, anticipating the worst.
---------
I squeeze his hand until my knuckles turn white. I decide on a small heart on my wrist so it's not that bad. I open my left eye to look at Luke who's beaming at me. I smile back, opening my right eye.

"That wasn't so bad, was it?" He says in an 'I told you so' voice. I roll my eyes and slap his arm, sitting up.

"Yeah, it was okay." I shrug coolly. He scoffs then laughs at me, standing up.

"Your are something else Mia, you really are." He says, his eyes meeting mine, his face plastered with an unreadable emotion.

"Wait! I wanna take a picture." I say, pulling out my phone and going to the camera app. He takes my phone off me and smiles, hiding his teeth while I pout and make a peace sign. Once he's taken it, we burst out laughing. I jump up, grabbing his hand in the process and run off, back to his car.
----------
"Oh my days! You didn't!" Blair squeals excitedly down the line.

"I did." I smirk, knowing that she couldn't see me but I did it anyways.

"Did it hurt? Ugh, I can't believe I wasn't there!" Blair says, annoyed.

"It didn't hurt that much, and it was a pretty quick decision so I couldn't have just picked you up and whisked you away!" I say, laughing and rolling onto my back on my bed.

"Alright, I forgive you." Blair says, sighing. I hear some muffled shouts and I wait until Blair's voice fills up the unknown voices in the background.

"I gotta go, Caleb's cut himself on the cat food tin again." Blair says and I can't help but laugh.

"Alright, see you later, love you!" I say, putting the phone down.

I lift my hand to look at the tattoo. In a way, it will remind me of Luke.

Don't be a silent reader! Vote, comment and follow. Love you!x