10|ten

Check out my Polyvore to see the outfits that Mia wears, my name is 'darciecarvell' Thanks!

"Mia. Mia!" A gravelly voice whispers, causing the stray hairs on my face to brush amongst one another casing a tickling sensation on my left cheek. I reach my hand to brush them away, only to be stopped by another warm set of hands. This causes me to snap my eyes open, only to relax after seeing those incredible azure eyes.

"Luke, what time is it?" I ask, sitting up and rubbing my eyes to rid of the fatigue that sits on them. He pulls his phone out of his back pocket and turns it on, lighting up the room.

"1a.m" He says, lifting himself up off of his knees.

"Why the hell are you waking me up at this time!" I ask in shout-whisper, aware that my parents are sleeping peacefully on the other side of my thin walls.

"I couldn't sleep so I thought I would come and see you." He says, planting himself on the foot of my bed.

"So you came here and woke me up just because you were bored?" I say, annoyed. I mean, I'm not going to let him interrupt my sleep because he couldn't sleep! I can't help but feel a little mad at this whole situation. Look at him in the eye, causing him to squirm and raise his hand to the nape of his neck, scratching it.

"Well, when you put it like that I sound pretty selfish, sorry. I just wanted to see you." He says, pushing off my bed and heading towards the door. I instantly feel bad and grab his hand and pull him back to me.

"Wait! Come back, I'm sorry." I sigh, leaning back and running my hand through my hair. I smile at him and bite my lip, feeling bad for overreacting. I see his eyes dart to where my teeth held my lip and his eyes widened slightly. I pretend to ignore it and clear my throat.

"Well, what do you wanna do?" I ask him, followed by a yawn.

"We could drive around the town for a bit, just you and me." He says, looking right at me. I can't help but think about the way I feel when his gaze is directed towards me. It kind of makes the whole world stop and my head spin. I smile and rip the duvet off me, running towards him and quickly pecking his cheek.

"Sure, I'd love that." I say, turning around and walking towards my wardrobe. I open it and I realise that he's still standing in my room. I roll my eyes and walk towards him, pushing him out of the door. "I need to get changed, I'll meet you downstairs in 10." I say, flashing a quick smile at me.

He winks. "Perfect" He says, before darting down the stairs. I laugh softly to myself then shut the door, my back against the cold wood. Why did things have to be so difficult? Why do I feel so guilty when I talk to him behind Ava's back? I sigh and rub my face before walking back over to my dresser and sorting myself out.

I throw on a loose grey knit cardigan and throw my tangled hair into loose messy bun. I open my door and shut it quietly, still aware of the fact that there are still 3 people fast asleep right now and any sudden loud noise could wake them up. I tiptoe downstairs to see Luke sitting on the couch with his earphones in, oblivious to the rest of the world. He nods his head to the beat and mimics playing the drums occasionally. I laugh to myself and he snaps his head round towards me.

He laughs and takes his earphones out and puts them back in his pocket along with his phone. He rubs his hands together before taking a step towards me and asking, "Are you ready?" With a little smile.

"Yep!" I say, popping the 'p', making him laugh and shake his head.

He slings an arm around my shoulders and I tense up at this action but then quickly relax, giving myself a mini pep talk and saying that I need to chill out. I wanted to push my nerves and feelings aside and have a good time with Luke, just me and him.

We walk to the hall and I slip some white converse. I punch his arm and he pulls his arm away from me, pouting. I just laugh at him and pull him out the door. "Come on, loser." I say, tugging on the hem of his black tank top that, may I add, is rather revealing. (Basically meaning that his muscles were on show. I don't have problem with that. At all. No, seriously. I don't.)

"When you nod your head yes, but you wanna say no, what do you mean!" We both scream at the top of our lungs, driving through town with the windows down. I laugh with Luke as I put my head out of the window, letting the cool breeze run through my hair. I haven't felt this amazing in a long time and was glad that I felt this sensation with Luke.

I felt free.

----------

"Luke, why are we pulling into Starbucks?" I ask, resulting in Luke's cheeks growing red.

He shrugs and drives slowly to the drive thru and turns to look at me. "What do you want?" He asks with a smirk that tugs on that obsidian lip ring. Crap. I can literally feel my insides swirling around before turning to mush. My eyes widen to the size of Jupiter.

"I-uh-w-want-" I stutter, pinching my thighs to stop myself from blushing ridiculously. An ice-cold caramel frappuccino appears on the constantly changing screen next to the speaker where you say you order. I point and clear my throat "Can I have that?" I mumble, tucking the loose strands of my hair behind my ear.

Luke chuckles and replies, "Sure."

He continues to drive forwards and I bury my face in my hands. Why am I so awkward? Why can't I just be friends with him and act normal? I sigh and adjust my hair. He's puling up to the station where you pay, so I lean down and grab my purse. I pull out a £10 note and hand it to him.

"What's this?" He asks, raising an eyebrow. I scoff and chuckle at him slightly.

"Um, it's called money and you pay for things with it." I say, zipping my purse back up.

He keeps it in his hand and drives up to the window, checks over the order and nods. Then, he pulls out a credit card and swipes it down the machine with one swift move before I can say anything or react. He turns to me and grabs my hand with his soft, warm ones and places the money back in my hand.

"Luke I-" I stutter, before he cuts me off.

"Mia, stop talking. It's fine, don't worry about it babe." He says, chuckling nonchalantly.

Wait.

Did he just call me babe?

Oh my days.

I manage to let out a fake laugh, hoping that he doesn't notice the awkwardness in my voice. He hands me my drink and I take it off him, smiling sweetly.

He grabs my hand in his and kisses the back of it and places his back on the steering wheel. Crimson is creeping up on my cheeks as I rub my thumb over where he placed his soft, gentle lips. The sensation tingles on my skin, causing goosebumps to shoot up all over my body.

The rest of the night consists of conversations about the little things in life and singing along to songs that we didn't even know we knew the lyrics to.

By the time we get back, it's 5:30a.m. We both creep upstairs and we part ways, him on his way toad's room and me on the way to mine. Before we go, I jump up and kiss his cheek. I rest my forehead on his cheek bone, my nose brushing the stubble on his chin.

"Thank you." I whisper into his jaw. I remove my hands from his shoulders and walk towards my door. I turn around and look at him. He's still standing there with a dazed look on his face and I chuckle quietly. I blow him a kiss before walking to my room and shutting the door gently behind me. I jump on my bed and sigh, my body overwhelmed by fatigue.

I bury my face in the sheets with the world's biggest grin plastered on my face.

I want to make him mine, so badly.