18|eighteen

My eyes flutter shut momentarily, giving me a split second to comprehend the difficult situation I'm in.

"Oh hey, Luke right? Nice to see you again mate." Harry smiles, sticking his tattoo-decorated hand out for Luke to shake.

Luke looks down at it with a blank expression, letting his eyes trail up to meet Harrys. The curly haired boy looks at me then back at Luke, confused.

I sort of feel bad for Harry since he has no idea what's happening, well to be honest, I don't either.

I'm almost certain that I have feelings for Luke, but he's obviously in a relationship with my sister so he has no feelings towards me, sadly. Well, not that I know of.

"Yeah. Hi." Luke says with a slight eye roll, turning to face me again. I give him a slight eyebrow raise as to ask what he's doing. He completely ignores me and hands me my drink with a smile. It's a vodka and coke, my favourite. I give him a smile in appreciation, taking a sip of the strong brown liquid.

"Come on the love, lets have a dance." Harry whispers in my ear, taking my hand and pulling me towards the main crowd of people. I giggle an follow, however I turn back to Luke because I feel sort of bad for leaving him there. He's got one hand in his pocket, jaw clenched and a drink in his other. As Harry turns round to me to begin dancing, the cup is crushed between his fingers.

+

It's been approximately 3 hours and Jess and her friends are all hammered, except for Olivia. I've had about 2 drinks after my vodka and coke that Luke got for me so I'm the slightest bit tipsy. Giggling at Harry who's taken his shirt off and is swinging it round in the air as a result of him winning table ping pong, I turn round to look at everyone else.

I spot a sad looking Olivia sitting on the sofa, currently taken up by two girls having a pretty intense make-out session. She shifts uncomfortably and I furrow my eyebrows, wondering what's wrong with her. Clumsily, I walk over to the couch, kneeling down in front of her. She notices that I'm here and tries to sit up a bit.

"Olivia! Are you okay?" I shout, the music drowning me out. She shakes her head at me, pointing at her ears and then one of the various speakers dotted around the house, signalling to me that she can't hear me. I grab her hand and then stand up, taking her upstairs towards my room.

I open up the door, greeted by Lilly and Dylan having a furious game of tonsil hockey. I roll my eyes and cough loudly since they didn't notice that I had opened the door. The both bolt up, Lilly looking down and Dylan laughing shamelessly.

I chuckle at them and open the door wider, signalling for them to get out. Dylan grabs her hand and pulls her out, Lilly giving us both a subtle wave before shutting the door.

Olivia sits on my bed, fiddling with the end of her skirt. Sighing, I sit down next to her and she turns to face me.

"Right. What's up then?" I ask, pulling my dress further down my legs.

"It's Harry." She says, taking me completely by surprise. Harry? What?

"W-wait, what?" I stutter, confused.

"Yeah, Harry. He's my ex boyfriend." She states, her hand dropping to her lap and her eyes looking up the to the ceiling.

"Oh. Oh. Wow." I say, her statement shocking me.

"Yeah. I haven't seen him since the breakup so it's kind of hard, you know?" She says, sighing and looking back down to her hands. I rub her shoulder comforting me and she leans into me, closing her eyes.

She quickly recomposes herself and sits up, wiping under her eye. She gives out a short laugh and stands up, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"It's silly, really. It was a long time ago, I should be over it. Sorry." She says, avoiding eye contact. I stand up as well, shaking my head.