8|eight

Quick author's note!

I'm really sorry for not updating, I've been meaning to but I've never found the time. Hopefully I will update more frequently with longer chapters. For those of you that are still reading this, thank you! Vote, follow and comment <3

Love you guys!

==================================

I wake to the sound of pots and pans banging downstairs. The smell of bacon wafts cautiously through my room, meeting my nose. My mouth waters at the smell. I reach over to my nightstand and check the time on my phone. 10AM. I sigh and run my fingers through my hair, attempting to tame it. Suddenly memories of last night flood back to me so I look to my left and find no Luke lying there. I shake the thoughts away and yawn, walking into my bathroom to brush my teeth, hoping to rid myself of my disgusting morning breath. I have a quick shower, washing my hair in record time.

I throw on a Tommy Hilfiger top and black jeans, putting a slight amount of makeup on. Leaving my hair crazy and freshly low dried, I put on some pink fuzzy socks.

Then I walk downstairs and head my family chatting happily. "Morning!" I chirp, taking a seat on one of the stools surrounding the island. My dad comes over and ruffles my dirty blonde hair. "Good morning, Mia" He says, taking a sip of his coffee and flicking through the newspaper. I glare at him jokingly, fixing my hair.

"Mia! You're just in time, I felt bad about yesterday, so I made pancakes and bacon!" Ava says, turning around from the cooker and smiling at me! My eyes widen at the thought. That was my favourite, and I can't help but feel guilty. My sister loves me and I pay her back by crushing on her boyfriend? Ugh, I'm such an idiot. "Really?" I ask, excited. She nods her head and laughs at me. "Thanks!" I say, pouring myself a cup of coffee. I can't help but wonder where Luke is.

"Oh my days, Ava. These are the best pancakes I've ever had!' I exclaim, taking another bite. She giggles at me. I clear my throat and ask cautiously, "Wheres Luke?" Taking my plate over to the dishwasher.

"Oh, he left early to grab some groceries, we were running low" She replies, smiling. Why was she in such a good mood? I though her and Luke and a massive argument and had fallen out. They must have made up or something this morning whilst I was sleeping. I just shrug and reply, "Oh, okay" walking back upstairs.

I hear my phone chime, alerting me that I got a text. I flop onto my bed and look at my phone. It was Blair.

Blair: come over bitch

Me: be there in 10 xx

I grab my bag and run down the stairs, not bothering to tell my parents where I'm going to be. They aren't really bothered when I go over to Blair's, we grew up together and our families are really close so they wouldn't mind. I slip on some trainers that were in the porch and open the door, shutting it lightly. My gaze is averted to a slam of a car door from across the street. My eyes dart to the source of the noise and I meet Luke's eyes. I smile and walk over to him, grabbing carrier bags off of him. "Hey!" I say, beaming at him.

"Hey!" He responds, mimicking my voice. I roll my eyes and giggle. I plop the bags on the floor when we get inside and I resume to making my way to Blair's. "Hey, where you going?" Luke asks rubbing his eyes, fatigue clearly taking a toll on him. Well, that's what he gets for leaving at stupid o'clock in the morning. "I'm going to my friend's house for a little bit." I say, rubbing my arm. I can see the sparkle in his eyes dull.

"Oh, I thought he could hang out for a little bit." He says, disappointment set in his voice.

"Sorry, maybe another time?" I say, grinning.

"Yeah, okay. Sure. Oh, do you need a ride?" He asks.

"No, she only lives down the road, I'll be fine" I say, turning around.

"Alright, I'll see you later then?" He replies.

"Yeah, bye! I'll be back in about 2 hours." I reply, feeling bad. I desperately wanted to see him, but I don't want my stupid feelings to get the best of me. He's my sister's boyfriend. I have to keep reminding myself that every day.

----------

"Hey Blair, sorry I'm late. I encountered Luke on the way." I sigh, plopping my bag down the couch.

"Ha, no worries." She replies smiling at me. She knows the whole situation with Luke. She gives me a questioning look but doesn't ask anything to make me feel uncomfortable. I love Blair to bits. She's the greatest friend anyone could ever ask for. She understands me, gives great advice and always cheers me up. I smile back at her.

"So, what do you wanna do?" I ask, running my hands through my long, wavy hair.

"We could watch a movie or something." She says picking up the remote. A grin spreads across my face. "I'll go get the popcorn!" I squeal, jumping up and running into the kitchen.

----------

4 movies and 3 bags of popcorn later, I wake up with a start and yawn. I hear my phone ding and realise that my sister is ringing me. I check the time. 10:30PM. I pick up the phone, rubbing my eyes. "Hey, are you at Blairs?" Ava asks down the line, me yawning.

"Yeah, we were watching a movie and I fell asleep, sorry." I say, punching Blair's leg to wake her up. "Alright well, are you staying round hers?" Ava asks.

"Nah, I'll come back now." I say, standing up and grabbing my bag.

Blair yawns then scratches her head. "What's up?" She asks, still half asleep.

"I'm heading home, text me later? " I ask, putting my trainers on and walking towards the door. "Will do!" She says, working her way upstairs.

"Love you!" I reply, opening the door.

"Love you too!" She shouts back, shutting her door. I smile to myself then shake my head before making my way back home.

----------

"Hey guys," I mutter, shutting the door behind me.

"Look who finally decided to show up!" Luke laughs, raising a beer in my direction.

"Yeah, sorry guys. I'm hitting the hay, see you tomorrow." I say, walking up the stairs.

"Night love!" Mum says, my dad is asleep on the chair.

Once I've finished getting dressed out of my clothes and into my favourite cat-decorated jumper, I brush my teeth and wash my face, removing my makeup in the process. I walk out of my bathroom and find Luke standing outside my bathroom door, hands in his pockets and smiling. "Oh no, don't look at me, my grandma made me this jumper and its actually very comfy." I say, laughing and running past him.

"Aw, Mia. You're adorable" He says, pulling me into him and kissing the top of my head. Oh no. It's happening. I feel a shiver run up the back of my spine, the sensation curling my toes. I push him off of me, and laugh. "I'm well aware." I say jokingly, getting into bed and pulling my duvet over me. He sits on the end of my bed and smiles at me. "What?" I say blushing and looking awayalvoiding eye contact, feeling incredibly self conscious and insecure with his eyes on me.

"Nothing." he says, smiling, still not taking his gaze off of me. He takes his lip ring in-between his teeth, not realising the effect that he has on me. "Goodnight, Mia." He says standing up and walking over to me, tucking a loose strand out of my face and behind my ear. He flashes a smile at me, leans down and kisses my cheek. He straightens up, sighs then shuts the door. I let go of a breath that I didn't even realise I was holding. I roll over and pull my duvet up to my chin. I smile to myself, unable to stop.