21|twenty-one

6:00am.

I let out a strained groan as my alarm goes off. It takes me a second to register the fact that it's my first day of college and when I do, I get this rush of fear and excitement all at once. A little overwhelming.

Approximately an forty five minutes later I'm dressed and I have a but of makeup on. It's the first day of college and I want to make a first impression. A good one at least.

I've put on my makeup and spent the rest of my free time looking on Pinterest, I really wanna redecorate my room.

After washing my mouth with mouthwash, I head downstairs, grabbing everything I need on the way. As I get closer downstairs, I realise that I'm not the only one up. "Luke?"

"No, silly. It's me!" Ava says from the kitchen.

"Uh, I don't know who 'me' is." She annoys me sometimes but I'm a genuinely nice person so I'd never say this to her. Not to her face, at least. I'm kidding. Sort of.

She rolls her eyes and slides cup of coffee over to me. "So. You nervous?"

"I assume you're referring to my first day of college. A little, yeah. More excited than nervous, though." I say, taking a sip.

"I'm sure you'll be fine. I saw-" Her sentence is cut short because of a vibration indicating a text message lights up her phone.

"Oh, I gotta go. Have a good first day!" She kisses me on the cheek and is out the door in no time.

"Bye?" I say after she's long gone, knowing exactly what she's gone to do.

Pushing those thoughts aside, I grab a granola bar out of the cupboard, take my bag and books off of the work top, grab my keys and head out. I'm halfway down the drive when I hear a shout from the window.

"Mia!" Luke shouts from upstairs. I let out a laugh and put my hand on my hip.

"Good morning, sunshine!" I say back, shifting from one foot to the other.

"You should have woken me, princess! How about this then since you ave to make it up to me. After college, meet me at the big tree in the park?" He says, running a hand through his bedhead. He's shirtless too, which is a sight forswore eyes if I do say so myself.

"Got it. See ya!" I say, closing the automatic gate behind me.

"Bye, have a good day beautiful!"

+

This place is honestly all I dreamed it would be. I've already met a couple of really cool people, Libby and Fluer. I have to say, Fluer is one of the best writers I've ever seen. She was showing me some of her exerts and I was so impressed, there is so much talent here.

As for Libby, hands down one of the funniest people I've ever met. I sense a brilliant friendship brewing with these two.

The school itself was amazing. I learnt so many things and it's only been the first day, I can't wait to tell Luke all about it.

"Bye guys! See you tomorrow." I wave goodbye to my new friends and approach my car, smiling and playing You're The One That I Want as soon as I shut the door because I have an unhealthy obsession with Grease.

I make my way to the park, singing all the parts to the song along with some exaggerated hand movements.

As I pull up to the car park, I notice Luke sitting at the base of the tree, legs crossed, making daisy chains. His tongue is stuck out in concentration and his eyes are nearly crossed.

He doesn't notice me at first because he's so caught up in what he's doing but after I sit down next to him, he realises I'm here.

"Mia! Look what I made for you." He says, placing the daisy chain on top of my head. "Now you really are a princess."

"Thanks, Luke." I say, chuckling and pushing the chain up to prevent it from blocking my vision.

"So, how'd it go?" He says, properly turning to face me.

I tell him everything, my new friends, the teachers, the coursework. He listens intently, adding in a funny comment now and then.

"What's been going on with you lately?" I ask, picking petals off of a daisy nearby.

"Well, I kind of wanted to go back to Sydney for a while." He says, making me look up instantly.

"Really? When?" I ask. I was anticipating for the subject come up for quite some time now. I mean, he can't stay here forever and just abandon his music shop, family and friends? Besides, I sort of wanted to meet them.

"I'm not too sure. When do you get a break from college?"

"Uh, 4 weeks. Why?" I look at him, puzzled and confused.

"Wanna come with me?"

+

With the whole Sydney situation, I was very hesitant. There was Ava. I asked Luke about this and she said that she didn't need to go to Sydney (oh, I wonder what she'll be doing) and that it was fine for me to go. That was the only obstacle, really. So in 4 weeks, it'll be me, Luke and a whole bunch of deadly animals. Oh, and his 3 other friends that he wants me oh-so desperately to meet.

It's 11:42PM and I'm sitting at the kitchen island. Books about nail care, hair care, skin care scattered around in an unruly mess. Blue penguin pyjama bottoms are clad against my skinny legs, perched on top of a stool. A steaming cup of coffee slowly turns cold as it goes untouched.

My eyes rake over the information that is displayed in front of my tired eyes, not drinking any of it in because of my ridiculous level of fatigue.

My hand slips from under my cheekbone for the third time, my body registering that I need sleep. I slap myself, whispering "five more minutes" under my breath.

"Princess, what're you doing?" A voice emerges from behind me, causing me to jump and spill my piping cup of coffee over my nail care book onto the page that it was opened on.

"Goodness sake." I whisper, tiredly walking over to the kitchen roll dispenser to clean up the mess.

"No, no, don't worry about that. Go upstairs and get some sleep, okay?" The boy says, walking over to me, eyes darting round my face as if it were a map.

I mumble an incoherent word that resembles the meaning of okay, I'm not sure what it was but he understood. As always.

"Bloody hell, how many books on this crap does a girl need?" He asks himself, closing them all.

Despite my overwhelming sleepy state, I manage to chuckle at the blonde boys words.

(A/N)

It's 3:12am and I have the flu yay fun

This was more of a filler chapter because I wanted to establish some things and sort out the story a bit more. I did this by explaining what Luke was going to do with the music shop and when the rest of the boys will be introduced which I've been dying to establish and get out of the way.

I'm so glad I did this chapter because it's sorted the book and storyline out a bit more because I honestly have node where I'm going with this book so if you have any ideas, let me know!

Thanks for reading, comment and vote xoxo