The Engagement (pt. 3)

Start from the beginning

The rest of the car ride is pretty quiet, besides a few occasional comments. The whole way there Caleb kept giving me odd glances. Not that I minded; it was just strange. He's obviously up to no good.

Caleb parks the car literally in the middle of no where.

"We're here." He says, turning off the ignition. I look around.

"Caleb, we are literally in the middle of nowhere." I say puzzled. He smiles.

"You said you wanted to walk around earlier, and your wish is my command! But, there's one catch. You have to close your eyes until I tell you to open them." He says, putting both his hands around mine.

"Okay." I agree, still completely confused. I close my eyes and put my free hand over my eyes so that there's no possible way Caleb can accuse me of peeking.

"Are they closed?" Caleb asks. I nod.

"How many fingers am I holding up?" he asks. I laugh.

"I don't know, three?" I guess.

"Okay, we're good. Now follow me." Caleb says, guiding me to wherever we're going.

"I'm following."I call from behind. We walk for about ten minutes with no sight of anything. But then again, I have no sight at all. The walk there is silent, besides Caleb asking every two seconds if my eyes are still closed. I have no idea where we're going. I can't pick up on sound, smell, or anything! The only thing I can feel is Celeb's warm hand intertwined with mine and that's perfectly fine.

"Almost there!" Caleb calls out. He starts to pick up his pace, but not so much that I get swept away with the breeze.

"Okay," Caleb says, letting go of my hand. "Open!"

I pull my hand away from my eyes and open them slowly. I gasp in amazement at the sight.

I'm at the camp ground where Caleb and I did "you-know-what" for the first time. Strings of twinkling white lights dangle from the branches of trees all around us, and delicate rose petals are scattered in a trail leading up to our swing set, which is lit up by all the lights illuminating off of it. The sight makes my eyes well up.

"Caleb, this is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen!" I say, still in shock. The scene is so romantic. I feel like I walked into a fairy tale. There must be at least a thousand strings of lights hanging from the trees. It's magical.

"Shall we?" Caleb asks, leading me down the aisle of rose petals to the swing set where two swings hang side by side

"Shall we?" Caleb asks, leading me down the aisle of rose petals to the swing set where two swings hang side by side. I slide into one and Caleb slides into the other. I lean my head against his shoulder and sigh.

"Caleb, this is amazing." I say staring in awe at the beautifully romantic scene that he created just for us. I feel like the most loved girl in the entire universe!

"Look up at the stars." Caleb says. "Aren't they amazing? It's hard to process the fact that you could be counting for your whole life and still not be able count them all. That's how much I love you." he whispers in my ear. I stare into the night sky and breathe in the crisp night air. Everything is perfect. I'm so busy marveling at the stars, that I don't even notice when Caleb gets up, but when I finally look down, my heart skips a beat.

Caleb is down on one knee, holding a ring box in his hands. I'm immediately overwhelmed and I find myself unable to speak or breathe.

Caleb clears his throat. "Hanna Marin, I never thought I would meet a girl like you, much less fall in love with one. You are smart, kind, caring, strong, and by far the most beautiful girl I have ever met. The first few words you ever spoke to me were probably one of the nastiest insults I have ever been told face to face, but in that moment, I knew that you were the one that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. The more I got to know you, the more I saw this amazing girl with the biggest heart who opened her home up to the computer freak who lived at the school and stole food from vending machines. That moment was the moment when I began falling madly in love with you. I never thought it was possible to love someone as much as I love you, but yet I find myself unable to imagine my life without you. Now that our entrance to parenthood is just around the corner, I can't think of a better time to ask you this, so Hanna Olivia Marin, will you marry me?

Tears stream down my cheeks and I'm overwhelmed with joy and shock. I never thought this day would come so soon yet here I am, and I can't imagine a more perfect way to be asked or a more perfect man to be asked by. I nod vigorously.

"Yes!" I say, kissing Caleb with so much passion and adoration. Not a moment sooner, fireworks explode overhead. Caleb slips the ring on my finger and kisses me back for a long time. Tears still run down my face as I marvel at the captivating fireworks above us. Caleb and I are getting married, Married, and I couldn't be happier about it.

________________

________________

There you have it folks! All the endgame couples are now engaged! How do ya'll feel about it?

Which was your favorite proposal? I would definitely have to say Caleb and Hanna's was my favorite. It was so romantic! Let me know what your favorite proposal was in the comments! Love you all! -K