The Celebration of Love {Part One}

Start from the beginning

"When does it come on?!" I exclaim the question. "I don't know yet! They played the trailer again on BET ever since this year's BET Awards. They even have the guy Bryshere Y. Gray, who plays Hakeem Lyon on Empire! Who are the other guys?" Cousin Michelle questions.

"I'll look it up on my phone right now." I say and turn on my phone to Google search, 'The New Edition movie cast,' but cease my search immediately. "Wait, Cousin Michelle; we already watched the BET Awards a month ago!" I realize and shut my eyes, circling the fingertips on my temples as my memory refreshes in my mind.

"Elijah Kelley played Seaweed in the 2007 remake of Hairspray as well as the Scarecrow on The Wiz Live, Keith Powers played the bully on House Party 5 and played Dr. Dre's brother on Straight Outta Compton, Woody McClain, Algee Smith, and Luke James. Luke used to be in a boy band called Upskale, who appeared on Destiny's Child's "Soldier," music video. He wrote songs for Britney Spears, Justin Bieber, Chris Brown, and Keri Hilson. as well as singing background vocals for Tyrese." I answer.

"Damn, Cousin Jaelyn!" Cousin Michelle giggles.

"You're smart just like Cousin Camille! Because if I'm listening to the song, 'Do Me, Baby' by Bell Biv Devoe, I'll start twerking in front of Luke and, Cousin Jaelyn, you have got to find a song you and Danny can get your sha-boink-a-boink on to. Because some of us in our family are very proud to have a freaky sex life and you should too, Cousin Jae. I should listen to New Edition more often." Cousin Michelle preaches. Listening to her advice, I really must concur with my cousin because there are boundaries for a freaky girl, the whore, and the good girl. Each of them has boundaries and my Cousin Michelle is not a whore; she's supposed to be freaky. She's freaky and she knows it! For real, for reals!

The Next Day

♫ I do my hair toss ♫

♫ Check my nails ♫

♫ Baby, how you feelin'? ♫

♫ Feeling good as hell ♫

♫ Hair toss ♫

♫ Check my nails ♫

♫ Baby, how you feelin'? ♫

♫ Feeling good as hell ♫

♫ Feeling good as- ♫

The ringtone on my phone blares at my ears and my eyes are squinting at the time, which is 7:47 in the morning. The tips of my fingers encircle on top of Danny's chest and I pull the covers up to my body to cover my naked body. "Mmm..." I look over my shoulder to see Danny stretch his arms up and his eyes are half open and half closed. "Good morning, my love." Danny yawns. He draws his face closer to me and I tilt my slightly to the right and lean to his lips, making them touch softly for seconds until I pull myself back to get some air. "Good morning, my love." I reply back with a sultry smile.

I breathe through my nose and angle my head to lean forward as I close my eyes and our lips mold into one for brief seconds before Danny's lips neglects mine. I slowly flutter my eyes and see Danny trace the tip of his tongue over his lips before he chuckles huskily. "Would you love to take a shower with me, Ms. Rodriguez?" Danny asks me with permission. The thought of Danny and I in the shower for me is the first time I will share one shower with a man. Besides, a new instinct called the Naughty Instinct kicks in and a smirk displays where my dimples appear on the further corner of my face.