Somehow they have gotten a row boat and will soon be setting off from land. As I run twords the shore to them they all begin to climb into the boat.

But suddenly a force hits me in the back causing me to stumble forward a bit before falling to the ground. A sharp pain erupts in my back and chest area, it's hard and hurts to breathe.

"Mama!" Ben and Emma wail as they try to get out of the row boat. Hands hold them, not allowing them to leave the safety of the boat.

I burst out into a fit of coughs and the horrifying sight of blood appears on the ground in front of where I lay. 'Why am I coughing up blood?'

I shakily reach back to see if I could feel what hit me and I can feel the long body of an arrow sticking out of my back. 'No, I've been shot!'
I continue to lay on my side in pain as a tall dark figure walks over to me.

"J-James" I gasped, more blood dripping out of my mouth as I speak. I think the arrow hit someone important, I feel like I am choking on my blood!

He looks down at me with hatred.
"I told you, if I cannot have you then no one can." His voice is cold.

Screaming I quickly sit upright in bed, sweat dripping from my forehead.

"Mama are you okay?" Ben and Emma asked as they jump out of their little beds on the other side of the room and rush to my bedside.

"I'm fine my darlings, it was just a very bad dream." I say trying to hold back the shudder that wanted to pass through me. "I am sorry for waking you up, please go back to sleep."

They do as I say without a fuss and go back to their beds, I try to fall back asleep but my fears from that nightmare keep me laying awake the rest of the night.

Morning comes and I have chores to get to starting with getting food at the market. The days now are peaceful, there is less worry. I allow the children to play with the other children of the village but always under my watchful eye.

Ricky has somehow found his way here and continues to beg, plead and whine trying to convince me that he loves me with all his heart and soul. He tried convincing me to marry him. Although I try to avoid him I do allow Ben and Emma to play with little Sarah. She is such a sweet, charming little thing, it is almost impossible to say no to her and Ben and Emma didn't grow up with friends their age in the castle, it makes me very happy to see them playing nicely with other children and just being normal kids for a change.

As I walk through the market I notice most of the people are looking at the wharf. I follow the crowd as they move closer to the water front.

"What's going on here?" I ask.

"A woman from Novak has arrived in a row boat. She brings ill news. King James is dying of a broken heart and has his army attacking all of the villages of his Kingdom. He kills all in his path. He is overcome with grief it is said." The worry and fear in the womans voice is easy to hear.

The crowd parts giving the woman from the small row boat. I gasp in shock at who I see.

"Dorothy!"

Dorothy's eyes widen and her mouth drops open to reveal her own shock at seeing me.

"Alice? Is it really you?" Dorothy is about to say more but realizes she must be careful not to reveal what is obviously a secret.

She runs into my out stretched arms and we embrace one another.