Punishments

My eyes slowly open making the pounding in my head worse. I am lying on something hard and there is something cold around my wrist and ankles. I remember the King's fist hitting me really hard. My eyes scanned the room and the more I saw the more fear build up in me! Realizing I am naked and chained to the table. My eyes see tools and devices that looked to me as if they could only be used for torture and in the corner my eyes landed on an iron maiden. Flames glowed in the small fireplace, a long handle sticking out, one end resting on the floor, the other resting in the flames. My eyes unable to see it as it is as red as the fire. My body shook with fear as my eyes over flowed with tears.

"Shhh, do not cry Alice. I am not going to torture you. Too much." The Kings voice echoed through the room as he came out of the darkness and stood beside the table.

"W-what a-are you going to d-do to m-me?" I shuttered.

He looked at me stone faced. "You said that you would never be mine, you tried to run away. So I am going to put my mark on you to show you and everyone else that you are mine!" He walked over to the small fire place and pulled out one of the metal handles. The red hot circle at the end showed the fancy cursive letters K.J across the middle with the royal symbol filling the top. Suddenly I realized that it was a branding iron and king James was going to use it on me!

I screamed as he started twords me, the branding iron held firmly in his hand, his eyes empty of emotion, his steps quick and light. I pulled frantically on the shackles holding me in place, trying desperately to escape. "Please do not hurt me. I am begging, please do not hurt me, please!" My voice desperate even in my own ears. King James stood at the side of the table, his breathing shallow and rapid betraying his excitement. His hand steady as it moves the red glowing end of the iron toward my left arm. I can feel the heat before it touches my skin, the pain is unlike any pain I have ever felt before. A blackness threatens to overpower me, threatens to pull me back to the darkness, but part of me fights to stay awake and not go to a dark place. It is a struggle but somehow through the pain I manage to keep hold of my senses. Eventually I feel the agony slowly becoming less and less, although still causing my heart to pound. My ears hear footsteps as the King moves away from me, giving me time to accept and regain control of myself. Turning my head away I feel tears that have been falling and the dampness surprises me, I did not realize I was crying. I am startled with the feeling of one shackle leaving my skin at my ankle, then the other one is free too. I am more alert now, realizing the king is freeing me, I am unable to speak so I remain silent. Waiting, just waiting. I have no idea what to expect next and at this moment if the king only knew, I am at my weakest.

"If you Behave yourself and listen to me you will never be punished again. Do you understand me Alice?" I slowly nodded as more tears fall. Almost lovingly King James slid his arms beneath me, picking me up, carrying me off. I was lost in thought until I felt myself being laid gently on a soft bed, a warm fur blanket pulled over me before I open my eyes. I gasped as I found myself laying in the king's bed. I started to push the covers away planning to stand up when he stopped me with harsh words. "Do not dare! It is late. So you are sleeping here tonight."

"My king, I can walk back myself." I made another attempt to get up but the kings harsh glare stopped me again, I slowly laid back down. He blew out the lit candles around the room before he got undressed and under the fur covers with me. Time passes as I lay in the dark, the room lit only by a full moon shining through the window. It was very quiet. I imagined that the king would be asleep now but, sleep didn't come to me. I still cannot believe I am sleeping beside the man that is king James. My whole body froze when I felt him stir, his arm slowly wrapped around my waist. What is he doing? I can feel his hot breath on the back of my neck and it sent shivers down my back. I stayed very still hoping he would think I was sleeping. He started to slowly rub his nose through my hair and smell me, his hand gently rubbed my stomach. I felt his lips kiss the back of my head. Is he just dreaming or is he actually awake? "You are mine Alice. My beautiful Alice." He whispered into my hair. The rest of the night was quiet but the king's arm remained around me.