Wedding

(Alice's POV)

I cried quietly as I stood in front of a long full body mirror, the maids snipping and sewing at my wedding dress. I have not see the King since he locked me into my royal chambers yesterday. I saw no one until this morning, maids came in early bringing with them my wedding dress. Doing all the necessary things to make me look to he a fit bride for King James. They hurry around paying attention to every detail.

The door opens allowing King James to enter. He was dressed in his royal clothes complete with a golden sword at his waist, a golden crown with diamonds and rubys decorating it sits easily on top of his black hair. His eyes dance over me taking in each detail.

"Leave." He ordered the maids, they rise from their kneeling positions to quickly leave the room. His step is long and carries him to the spot directly before me where he halts but says nothing, only stares at me. I kept my eyes to the floor. He gently started rubbing his hands up and down my bare arms slowly. "Say something my love." He whispered. I stayed silent and closed my eyes, my mind and heart still can't believe this day is happening.

"Alice, you need to understand that you will he my wife in a few minutes. You agreed to marry me and we will be happy together forever." His voice sounds as if everything is wonderful, as if I agreed because I wanted to agree.

I opened my watery eyes and looked up at him. "You will be the happy one. I never wanted to be here, you took me against my will after you had my village burned down and killed everyone I cared about, even my mother." I struggle to keep myself calm.

He looked at me with no emotion for awhile before e spoke. "What is done is done, you need to move on from your old life." He said coldly.

I glared at him. "How can you expect me to move on from it, seeing everyone I loved and cared for murdered right before my eyes. Now I am being forced to marry the, the, the monster that killed them all." My voice filled with hate, sorrow and fear as I backed away from him.

He glared at me. "Alice." He warned, "watch your tone of voice with me. This is supposed to be one of the happiest days of our lives. Do not spoil it." I was so frustrated and mad at him, I turned away as I tried to calm myself down. Angering him will only make him hurt me. His strong arms wrapped around me from behind while resting his chin on the back of my head.

"Stop hurting yourself and give in. You will be much happier my love." He kissed the back of my head. "You will be brought to the ceremony in a few minutes and we will finally be married." His voice trailed after him as he shut the door behind him.

It seemed like the door had just closed when I heard a voice say, "It's time My lady." Two guards stood waiting to lead me to the place I wanted most in the world not to go. I followed them as they lead me down hallways I had never seen before. Eventually we stopped in front of two big doors, the guards stood on either side of me, I wondered if they thought I would try to run away again. The doors swung open and I gasped at the sight before me. The throne room had been prepared beautifully for the ceremony, many people dressed in rich silks and satins, jewels glittered and smiling faces of strangers I did not know all stared at me as I stood there.

Before me was the red carpet that I would follow to the bottom of the grand staircase where King James awaited my arrival. I was brought out of my thoughts when one of the guards gently pushed me forward telling me to walk. I gulped and started slowly up the aisle. Ahead of me he king smiled with love in his eyes. Too quickly I reached his side, he took my hand in his and we both faced the minister. Not a sound could be heard.

"We gather here as witnesses today in the union of King James and Lady Alice. This day will bless the Kingdom of Novak and all who live there with the gift of a Queen. Lady Alice will sit at the hand of King James and will offer her help to all those that come before her. She will bring to us 9f Novak heirs to the throne so that King James will live on always."