Plans Gone Wrong

⚠️I know I've mentioned this already in the chapter before this one but it would really help support me if you guys took a second to go subscribe to my YouTube channel. I don't know how much longer I will be on Wattpad because of how ridiculous they have been about the Teachers Obsession thing. I will finish what is left here on Wattpad but then I might not publish anything else on this site. All new information and Updates about my books will only be posted on my YouTube channel. As well as where you will be able to read them (it will be on another FREE reading app, I promise.)⚠️

https://youtube.com/channel/UC4qwp5K33op1XoWSYMoFdZQ

(Alice's POV)

My head hurts so badly, my eyes slowly open and I see that I am back in the royal bed chambers. I groan as I slowly get up.

"My love, thank goodness you are awake!" I hear James voice say from near the bed. He sits on a chair pulled up to the bedside. "How are you feeling? You passed out for hours."

"My head hurts." I say in a hiss as I hold my head in my hands. It feels like someone is using it as a drum.

"I know, I know. Here drink this, it will help." James hands me a cup of water. I take a few sips before handing it back.

"Come you must be hungry. I had some food brought up for you." He brings a small tray with a few pieces of food to the bed. He places it gently down beside me, his face showing deep concern for me. In a silver jug sitting nearby on the table I see a shadow moving in the reflection, a smirk crosses the face of my husband as his eyes pass over the jug.

Suddenly from out of the shadows Ricky appears with a dagger in his hand moving toward the king's back. From the corner of my eye I watch as my husband draws his own dagger swiftly from his belt. James whirls around as Ricky's dagger was about to slash downward into his back, with his large hand James reaches out to grip Ricky's wrist that holds the deadly dagger. Calmly James shows his great strength by forcing Ricky's wrist down slowly but surely toward the floor. With a single look at James I knew Ricky would not win this battle.

"You foolish boy!" The king laughs as he shoves Ricky down flat on the floor.

With one hand he continues to grip the wrist that holds the dagger but with the other he begins squeezing the throat of his captive, slowly tighter and tighter until Ricky's face begins to turn a deep red. It was obvious to me that James intends to end Ricky's life right here and now.

"James, please do not kill him." I speak softly as the eyes of King James turns to look at me. Hate but also excitement shine from his eyes.

"You dare to beg for the life of this would be murderer? The one that would kill me, your own husband? This makes me want even more to end his life!" James snarls at me.

Thinking quickly an idea comes to mind. Looking at the monster that is protecting himself from Ricky's blade, I decide on a simple fix to the problem.

"Please James, banish him from the kingdom, send him off into the wilds. He will die there, he will die a horrible death and you will be happy knowing that he suffered greatly, even more than he could have suffered at your hand. It would be a fitting punishment. Others would shake at the thought of being punished like this." My eyes look into those of my husbands hoping he will agree.

"What? Would you send me to such a horrible end? Here I will die as a man, not some wild animal." Ricky chokes out staring at me.

The king's grip loosens slightly as his mind works. "Continue, I am interested to hear more of this idea Alice."