Queen of Novak

(Narrator's POV)

The King holds back his laughter as he watches people flee for their lives. Insanity now wages war within him, his mind races wildly as he comes up with plan after plan to kill the guards that remain at his castle. Each plan is more outrageous than the previous.

The guards see the King shake his head from time to time as if trying to rid himself of a thought. Their surprise would not have been all that great if they could read his thoughts. They knew their king is slowly losing himself into a state of madness.
They watch him closely and take care to not turn their backs to him.

King James rides his war horse through the village killing anyone in his path, slashing his sword as he passes fleeing people and trampling others with the hooves of his power horse. Like a angel of death he appears and re appears using all the smoke from the fires to take people by surprise.

The King makes his horse come to a halt as he watches a young man rising off the ground while holding his head in pain. The king is seized by a fit of rage as he recognizes the stable boy that tried to take his precious Alice.

"Ricky" the king seemed to growl as he stared at him with murderous intent.

(Alice's POV)

Holding Ben and Emma close to me we follow Joe who was carrying little Sarah in his arms.

Running into the forest which is starting to smoke as the fire from the village leaps into the waiting branches of the trees. Many of the villagers raced along with us into the forest seeking shelter from the cannons, swords and horses.

I am still in a state of shock from hearing that King James is the one causing all this destruction, does he know we are here? If so how doeshe know?

"Hurry, i can see the escape boats!" Joe yells.

The villagers hurry to get to the row boats through the trees. Running faster to keep up I fail to see the root that trips me, knocking me to the ground.

I jump back up trying to pull my children up as well but the villagers are in such a panic that they continue to knock me down till I ended up rolling down a small hill after being bumped by a man fleeing for the boats.

I start my way back up the hill but stop when I hear Dorothy's screams coming from the burning village. I see Ben and Emma with Joe by the boats, knowing they are safe I rush towards the village to find my friend.

Knights bloke most paths sending their horses over people, crushing them and knocking others down. I keep my head down, pulling a cloak from the ground as I pass and covering my head so I don't get recognized.

I find Dorothy on the ground by a flipped over hay wagon in a state of shock and fear.

"Come on, we have to get to the escape boats!" I say while pulling at her arm. Dorothy slowly raises her arm and points at something.

A figure on a man slowly approaches through the smoke. "Ricky!" I gasped.

He was covered in blood, his right hand removed as blood poured out of him arm. He wondered aimlessly as if he didn't know where he was, cuts and bruises covered his face and everytime he made a groaning noise blood would flow out of his mouth. He collapse just a few feet from us, revealing deep stab wounds down to the bone!

I rush over to him to see if he was by chance still breathing but the life in him was now gone. Dorothy screams once again startling me, as I turn to look at her I feel my heart stutter to a stop for a moment as the king has one of his arms around Dorothy's waist pinning her arms to her sides while the other arm holds a sword to her throat!