Crazy Castle

(Alice)

I looked at the king in horror, he's the last person I'd want to fall in love with me. "No, no, no." I cried.

"I just cannot explain it but the first time I saw you in that barn I just knew I could not let you go." He said and cupped my cheek lovingly. "I just knew I had to have you. A girl of your beauty is so rare. The sound of your voice is the most calming sound I have ever heard. Your hair, your skin, your lips are the softest things I have ever touched. I want you to be mine forever Alice. I want you to be my queen."

I shook my head no, and the king's face showed anger and sadness. "No please I-I do not want to be a queen, I do not want to be with you. Please just let me go." I begged.

"Go where?" He questioned coldly. "You have nowhere to go? There is no village. You carry my mark Alice. If you try to leave again you will be dragged back. The people of Novak know my mark and they will know you are mine." He said sternly.

My legs give away and I begin to fall. The king catches me in his arms lifting me gently, his steps carrying us across the room where he lovingly places me on his bed. "I love you Alice. Seeing the bruise on your arm, knowing someone hurt you, someone that had no right to touch you, it made me angry. I locked you in the wall for safe keeping until I could deal with the lowly beast that dared to touch you. To think of another's hands touching you makes me shake with rage and I wish to destroy them but to think that someone came into MY BED CHAMBERS and tried to soil you Here! Here In this place." His face turning dark with his rage. "Alice it builds an anger that I have trouble controlling. It takes all of my will power to control it." I can see him struggling, his body twitching and stiff. I slowly nodded. "I thought no one knew about the secret door." He said to himself as he looked deep in thought but then looked down at me. "You will sleep here tonight again." He said before locking the doors.

"But I do not want to sleep here my king, I'm suppose to be down in the servants quarters." I said dreading the thought of caught with the King again, the others are already calling me a whore. Slowly I got off the bed but stopped when the king glared at me.

"Do not disobey me Alice, you will sleep here with me. You will be safe here." He said slipping from his clothes showing his muscular body with various scars received in battle. He got into into bed after putting out the candles except for one on the small bedside table. Before long I could feel his fingers as they brushed across my skin, tracing patterns and lightly skimming along. His touch caused me to shiver as my mind thought of the many hundreds or maybe thousands of innocent lives taken by those hands. I moved uncomfortably. "Please stop Sire." I said quietly.

He pulled his hand away and I quietly sigh in relief. "Look at me." He said softly. I slowly turned until I was facing him. His dark brown eyes stared into mine, his hand reached out, stroking my cheek causing me to flinch. "You do not have to fear me Alice, I promise I will not hurt you." He said in a calm voice.

"You already have. You have burned my village, killed my mother and brought me here against my will." My voice was filled with pain and fear.

"Your village failed to pay their taxes. Your mother was part of the village. The penalty was paid by all responsible Alice." The king's voice did not have any regrets.

Anger built up in me. "It has not rained for months now, there was nothing to harvest."

"The other villages were able to pay their taxes and grow good crops." The king said with one eye brow raised.

"Their lands are richer, closer to rivers then ours. The people in my village were suffering, we had very little water for ourselves and our animals, nothing to spare for the fields. We were barely surviving." I continued to defend my village.