Anger Issues

(Lori)

"So the stable boys Joe and Ricky had their hands on my Alice, one of them might also be the one who bruised her arm."

"Y-yes my King." I answered nervously.

He slammed his first on the table in anger. "Find out which of the two could have touched Alice that night and left a bruise on her arm, you only have today and tomorrow until the execution." He said looking me dead in the eyes.

I gulped in fear and nodded. "Yes my King."

He huffed and turned his back to me. "You're dismissed."

I quickly walked out of the kings chambers. I need to get Alice to tell me who attacked her that night and quickly, my life depends on it.

(King James)

I need Alice to marry me soon so all in this kingdom know she is mine. These boys who dared touch her need to be punished!

Down in the dungeons at the first cell, the dark wooden door is opened silently before me by a guard. I want the pleasure of beating these boys myself. I step forward my eyes searching the darkness. "My King!" Ricky gasped in shock. My first making contact with his face before he can utter any other sound. I continued to punch him until he is a bloody heap on the dirt floor of the dungeon.

At the second cell I repeat the actions of the visit, Leaving  this boy broken and bloody in the dirt too. My concern for Alice pushes through the in my mind causing me to rush from the dungeons to the servent's quarters. "Where is she?" I snapped at Lori as she labours at a large steaming pot.

"She is in the laundry area." She quickly said, knowing that I referred to the servent girl Alice.

It was only Alice and I so I quietly closed and locked the door. Alice has her back to me as she continues to wash clothes, clearly unaware that anyone is nearby. My boots make no sound as I move to stand behind her and I begin to hear her humming a soft, soothing tune. As I stand listening my anger washes away, leaving me happy and relaxed. I slowly wrapped my arms around her but she jumped away and turned to face me. "M-my King, you startled me." She breathed out holding her hand up to her chest over her heart.

"I am sorry my dear." I said softly walking up to her and rubbed my hands along her soft arms. She kept her eyes on the floor. "I heard the song you were humming. It was beautiful. I want to hear the rest of it." Her cheeks turned red, embarrassed that I heard her. I cupped her chin and gently lifted it so she was looking me in the eyes. "Please continue." She started humming again.

I do not know why I am feeling like this, hearing her puts my mind and body at ease. I closed my eyes and gently pulled Alice into my chest while I wrapped my arms around her gently caressing her back. As she finished the song I smiled and kissed the top of her head. "Beautiful." My voice soft and loving.

"Thank you my King but I am certain you did not come to hear a servant hum a tune." She said stepping back out of my arms.

I sighed. "True, I did not. I heard what happened with those two young men. Did they hurt you?" I asked taking her small hands in mine.

"I am fine my king." She said quietly and she bowed her head.

"Alice I have already told you, when it is only us call me James." She nodded. We stood in silence, her eyes to the floor and she looked uncomfortable.

"I should continue with my chores." She said breaking the silence. She moved away from me back to the large wooden tub in which many pieces of clothing lay in steaming water. I sighed, walked behind her and rested my hands on her hips. I bowed my head until my forehead rested against the soft shiny hair that covered her head.