Chapter 31

*2 weeks later*

The funeral.
I stood outside the venue, dreading this moment. I was about to step inside for my fathers funeral. I held back the tears, as a car pulled up.

I ran towards it, and out got Aunt Macy, Grandma and Kendall. I instantly burst into tears, hugging them tightly as they did the same.
" It's okay, darling " Grandma wiped away her tears and took my hand, as I lead them into the venue.
Id obviously invited the Dolan family and Olivia's family, as they were really close to us and my dad, but I'd also decided to invite Blake, Hunter, Brandon, Cameron and Ariel.
They are extremely close to us all.

I hugged them all, thanking them for coming as we took our seats.
I was asked to speak, so I stood up and made my way to the front. There was a lot of people here. People from my dads work who he was friends with, old school friends, his bestfriends, my friends, etc.

A/N- If you're going to play the song, play it here X

" Ever since I was little my dad was like a bestfriend, he'd never leave my side. And since I've never really had a mother figure, I was completely attached to him... he was my only family I could see every day " I began, feeling myself tearing up.
My hands were trembling and sweating, I hate getting nervous.
" Me and my dad, we didn't end on good terms... and if I could change anything in my life, I would change how it ended for us, because now that he's gone, I'll never forget the last time I saw him " A tear slipped down my cheek.
" He was a great man, who cared about his family more than anything... " I said, feeling like I was half lying as I said it.
" I love him, and I know he's watching down on me and that he's in a better place. He's with mom now " I instantly wiped the tears away as I mentioned my mom.
I looked towards my Aunt Macy, who was crying into my Grandma's shoulder.
Then towards Grayson, who had a tear falling down his cheek. I wanted to reach out and wipe it away, but I couldn't.
" Thank you " I ended, stepping down off the podium and heading towards them.
I walked into Grayson's arms, and he held me tightly, kissing my head.
" I love you " he said.
" I love you too Grayson " I cried into his chest.
Knowing that this might be one of the last moments we share together like this, and it kills me to know that.

*******

Everyone was now eating food, talking to each other about my dad. I couldn't help but over hear many conversations about my speech.
I found my friends and family, instantly hugging them when I saw them.
I had something to tell them, and I didn't know how I was going to say it.
" Guys " I said, looking towards Blake, Hunter, Brandon, Olivia, Cameron, Ethan and Gray.
" in two days when my family go back to Florida... " I began, biting my lip anxiously.
" I'm going with them " I say.
They looked at me in shock.
" I'm moving to Florida. But I promise you that I'll never forget you guys, you can come and visit and I'll come visit too " I tried to make it sound like a good thing, even though it really wasn't.
I wanted to move, I get to be with my family, but not being with my friends and Grayson would kill me.
They all pulled me into a hug, expect for Grayson, who sipped his drink angrily.
" gray? " I asked.
He didn't even look at me, he glanced over and walked away, motioning for me to follow him.
I followed and we stood outside, letting the cool air hit our skin which was nice since it was pretty hot inside.
" What about that promise? " He asked, looking into my eyes.
I sighed and took his hands in mine.
" Grayson... I have to go... I have to be with my family " I mutter, feeling my eyes water as I spoke.
" I know, but I need you " he said it so quietly it was barely even a whisper.
" I need you too, but we'll have to be apart " I frowned.
" So we're going to be long distance? " He asked, the hope obvious in his brown eyes.
I looked down at the ground, as he lifted my chin up to face him.

" Grayson... I don't want to have to put you through that " I said.
" Put me through what? " he seemed extremely confused.
" All of the goodbyes... we'll never get to be together, then when we are, we'll get attached and as soon as we are, it'll be another goodbye " I cried, feeling the tears come out as I hugged him tightly.
He nodded his head and I muttered the words.
" Grayson I think I have to break up with you "
I hated myself for saying it. I love him, I love him with all my heart. But I'm doing it for him, I don't want to have to put him through all the goodbyes...
" What? " he stood back, the sadness obvious on his face.
" Just know that I love you Grayson I always will " I say, as he brings his lips towards mine.
" I love you too " he said, kissing me again.
This time much more slowly and lightly, so I could treasure the moment and remember it forever.
" you can come visit? " I ask, hoping he would say yes.
" of course... but it won't be the same " He was trying not to break down and so was I.
" I know, but we can make it work as friends again... I'll always love you Gray, but it's what's best for you " I hug him one last time, but he kisses my lips.
" I'll never stop loving you, Anna " he said, before turning and walking away slowly.
And that was the end of me and Grayson, as much as I hate to say it. Or maybe not, who knows?

The end.

A/N- writing this had me in floods. But maybe it isn't the end😏  that's why there is a sequel coming your way! I'm so excited to start writing it #granna ain't over yet😉 it's coming tomorrow X