Chapter 28

**1 week later**

So, it's been a week. A week of my dad acting like this. He was even at Danielle's house on my birthday, which was also the last day Aunt Macy and Kendall had at our house before they left back for Florida. I miss them, so so much.
I'm 18 now, my birthday was amazing.
I had a party at my house with Blake, Hunter, Brandon, Cameron, Kendall, Ethan, Grayson, Olivia, Aunt Macy and my grandma. As childish as it seems to have your grandparent and your aunt at your party, I love them and my friends were just as happy as I was to have them there.

I was knocked out of my thoughts when I heard a knock at my bedroom door. I was expecting it to be Grayson, so I told them to come in with a happy smile on my face.
Until I realised it was my dad, then I rolled my eyes and returned to my phone.
" Listen, I'm sorry for the way I've been acting recently Anna " he said, making me roll my eyes yet again.
Does he really think an apology will change anything?? He didn't even say goodbye to his mother, sister and niece when they left!!

" I really am, I hope you can forgive me " He practically begged.
I looked up at him, making eye contact. I sighed, letting the forgiving side get to me once I realised that I only have one father.
" Fine " I mutter and he pulls me into a hug, one which I hated every moment of but hugged back anyway.
" we'll I've got someone I want you to meet, she'll be coming any minute for dinner " He beamed.
" who? " I ask plainly.
" Danielle "
kill me now. Literally.
" What? " he says looking confused, I may have said ' kill me 'out loud, oh well.
" Why her? She's the one that changed you and made you a dick, and now you want me to meet her? Hell no " I shout, getting flustered just by the mention of her name.
" don't talk to me like that, you're meeting her and you'll be polite. We have an announcement and you're going to listen. Downstairs now " He yelled back.
And there it is, that shows his apology was a complete lie.

I slam my door once he's left, before burying my face in my hands and messaging the group chat for advice:

( Group chat messages: )

Me: Dad apologised guys

Blake: Yay!! What'd he say??

Gray: That's great💗 I told you it would get better Xx

Me: Not really though, he told me I have to meet Danielle tonight and I yelled in his face and told him he was a dick pretty much 😑

Kendall: Oh.... well, that's him told

Ethan: Just be nice to her, see how she is

Liv: Your advice is terrible Ethan

Ethan: Babe, it's not

Hunter: Message us as soon as it's over and let us know how it went X

Brandon: Yep, we hope it goes okay 👍🏼

Cameron: sorry I wasn't messaging, what's up?

Me: read up 😂

Hunter: Cam you're so lazy smh

Cameron: oh, all I can say is just play it cool and see what they have to say

Kendall: Cam is that really all you've got??

Gray: you didn't have much either Kenz

( end of text messages )

*********

I laugh at my friends before putting down my phone and heading downstairs, only to see a girl standing next to my dad.
I smiled fakely, taking in her appearance and guessing her age.
She looked like she was in her late thirties, and her makeup was extremely excessive.
" Hi, my dads told me a lot about you " I tried to be nice, holding my hand out for her to shake which she declined.
I don't like her, already.
" Who are you? " She asked plainly, making me scrunch up my face and look at my dad, who waited for me to answer.
What are they on?!? Like seriously.
" his daughter, who's getting completely thrown to the side so he can spend time with you, and you are?? " I ask rudely.
My dad coughed awkwardly.
" this is my fiancé, Anna " he said, my eyes widening at the word fiancé.
" you've known each other, what? Two weeks and you're getting engaged?!? You're crazy " I yell, burying my face in my hands.
" A bit longer than two weeks, sweetie " she grinned, making me cringe and want to slap her.
" don't sweetie me. I refuse to even live here with her " I shout.
" Anna! You'll do whatever we say " He yells, getting extremely close to me as if he was about to hit me, which I knew he wouldn't dare.
" I'm 18, I'll do whatever the hell I want " I scream in his face, causing him to flinch.
" Anna, what is wrong with you?? She's done nothing to you " he yelled again, making me laugh.
She gave me a weird look, as I was laughing to myself.
" she's done nothing to me? She's took you away from me Dad! You're not the person you used to be! I'm leaving and don't expect to ever see me again " I cry, stomping up the stairs and grabbing a bag.
I could hear him stomping up the stairs after me, yelling my name angrily.
I quickly through my phone charger in a large bag, along with my laptop, iPad and phone.
I pretty much raided my wardrobe and chucked as much clothes as I could into the bag, before pushing open my bathroom door to get my toothbrush.
" where are you going? " My dad hollered, trying to block the doorway to stop me but I pushed past him.
" away from here " I said.
And with that, I left.
I couldn't bear it anymore. He was going to marry a woman he'd known for two weeks, who'd brought me and his family so much pain without her even meeting us yet...
He put her first and completely forgot about me, and I don't know what to do anymore.

I slammed the door behind me, running to the only place I could trust.
I knocked on the door like my life depended on it, and Lisa opened the door with a worried look on her face.
" Anna darling are you okay? " she asked, pulling me into her arms as I cried onto her shoulder.
" it's my dad, he's marrying her " I bawled.
Lisa knew exactly what I was talking about. She hadn't heard from my dad ever since he started talking to her, and they were really close.
The twins had also told her everything that was going on, and I trust her.
" It's okay, you can stay here for a while, Grayson is upstairs in his room, just go up " Lisa insisted.
I thanked her, making my way upstairs to his room.
I knew where it was, since I used to spend every day here playing when I was little.
I knocked on the door, hearing a quiet ' come in ' so I opened the door.
He saw I had been crying, jumping up and pulling me close to his bare chest.
He was just wearing some adidas tracksuit bottoms, since he was just in his room on his phone.
" Are you okay? Was it with your dad? " He asked, placing me on his lap and sitting on his bed.
" He's marrying her Gray, after two weeks!! " I whimpered in between sobs.
" Shhh, it's okay, I'm here " he shushed, rubbing my back to comfort me.
I stopped crying, before looking him in the eye and kissing his lips passionately.
" I want to move to Florida "

A/N oooooohhhh

Comment what you think👍🏼