Chapter 44

You've been glaring at Emiko for almost ten minutes — she didn't dare to say a word, and Hika was feeling amused while watching you get so possessive over him. You analyzed every single detail about her, not caring about the fact that she obviously felt uneasy. She had long, straight black hair, styled in two low pigtails. She had red eyes, but her long fringe was hiding her left eye. Her skirt was way too short for your taste, and her lovely-looking face repulsed you. You felt like punching her really hard, but you tried your best not to, since you technically had no valid reason to hurt her.

"Um... [Y/N]–chan, are you okay...?" the black haired girl wondered in a timid voice, breaking the awkward silence that seemed to be infinite.
"How did you meet Hika, anyway?" you asked, not answering her question, forcing a smile onto your lips as you grabbed Hika's arm, almost plunging your nails in his flesh. He widened his eyes in shock, and let out a small cry of pain. Or a small cry of pleasure, maybe.
Emiko gulped as she saw your tight grip on Hika's arm. "I-Uh, H-He was lonely, so I decided to talk to him, and... I don't know, I guess we kept talking, since then...?"
Your right eye twitched, as your grip tightened even more. A blush crept onto Hika's face. "Ah, I see. And what were you two talking about?"
"Um, anything, really. But he mostly talked about you, though." she calmly answered, giving you an encouraging smile.
You raised an eyebrow, "And... what did he say?"
Emiko chuckled sweetly, and scratched the back of her head. "Uh, Hika is right next to you, you can just ask him, you know..?"
You sighed and let go of your boyfriend's arm, pouting slightly. "R-Right. I knew that."

A growl escaped your lips as you grabbed Hika's hand, walking away from Emiko and from the group of students.
"So. What's wrong? Do you want to talk about it?" you asked, glaring at the taller boy.
He raised both of his eyebrows and gave you a questioning look, wondering what you were talking about. "Talk about what?"
You narrowed your eyes, Hika didn't seem to understand what you meant. Did it seem normal to him to suddenly have a friend, while he's been completely alone for years? "Emiko. She's your... friend?" you insisted, staring right into his orange orbs.
"I suppose. Why are you so shocked?" he smirked discretely, noticing your jealous attitude. It was pretty funny to him, since he usually was the one getting jealous.
You looked down, suddenly avoiding Hika's gaze. "Well, I mean, you never had any friends... I've never seen you hanging out with anyone... I was just a bit surprised, that's all..." Seeing that he wasn't answering, you added, "Um... why Emiko, anyway? Do you have common points with her or something like that?"
His smirk got wider, as he placed a hand on the top of your head. "Aw. Is my little [Y/N] jealous?"
You slapped his hand away, as your cheeks turned slightly red. "I'm not– well... maybe, just a little bit... But it's not just that, I–"

Hika's low chuckle interrupted your sentence. He cleared his throat after he was done laughing, and said, "Why would you be jealous? Aren't we in an open relationship?"

You gasped exaggeratedly and glanced at him with wide, astonished eyes. "What?! When the hell did we decide that!?"
He nonchalantly shrugged, "Since you always get mad when I hurt other men who like you, I guessed you wanted an open relationship. Isn't that correct?"
You continually punched his chest, a frustrated look on your face. "No! I get mad because hurting others isn't right, no matter the reasons, no matter the way of hurting them, and I can't allow it!" you explained, frowning.
The purple haired boy grabbed your fist and laid his eyes on it, "Hm... you are hurting me right now. You said it isn't right. Should I get mad as well, then?"
You gritted your teeth and stared at his smirking face, "I'm just punching you, I'm not killing you. There's a big difference between you and me."
Hika's face stayed the same, as he got dangerously close to you. "You said, 'no matter the way of hurting them'... A punch is a way of hurting. So, if I am following your logic, I should get mad at you." he shrugged once again, before turning away from you, and slowly walking back towards the group of students.