Chapter 13

A/N : hey ppl::::))))) a reader asked me to post a pic of Cato so here he is!!!!! he's cute asf isn't he <3

"Hika... what the hell?! Why did you say this to Cato?!!"
Once again, you got mad at Hika. Seriously mad. He was often annoying, but this time it was really too much. Cato was your friend (and you didn't have many...), and Hika was visibly scaring him ; you didn't want Cato to stop hanging out with you just because he was scared.
This purple haired freak seemed to desperately try to separate you from everyone else — he wasn't really nice to Loki, he was clearly mean to Cato, and he kept distracting your mother, so she was talking about him all the time without even paying attention to you. Like he charmed her or something.
There was still Betty, but you two hated each other naturally.

"Huh? Are you perhaps, mad at me, [Y/N]?" Hika asked in a confused tone, raising his eyebrow.
"Oh, no. Not at all. You just scared the shit out of my friend and pretended to be dating me, but no! I have no reason to be mad." your voice dripped with sarcasm, and your glare towards Hika intensified.
He smiled brightly, and clapped his hand together. "That's great then!" He walked over to you and grabbed your hand, "now that we're dating, we should probably go outside and buy some ice-cream, I think that's what couples do!"

You growled and roughly pulled your hand away from his, your glares now turning into sharp daggers. "I was being sarcastic, idiot! And we're not going anywhere. We are not dating, and I am not getting out of this house with you. Got it?"

To your surprise, the boy's orange eyes looked genuinely shocked and sad, as if he really thought you two were dating just because he said so. With these puppy dog eyes, you could've almost pitied him.
"What do you mean we are not dating? You like me, and I love you. So where's the problem?" he bluntly asked, his voice higher pitched than usual.

As you were about to stand up and punch him right in the face, you froze. His words replayed in your head again and again. You probably misheard him, so you asked him to repeat his sentence. "...You like me, and I love you..."
You couldn't react at all. Too many thoughts were running through your head at the same time — maybe he didn't really mean what he said? Maybe you were thinking too much about it and it was just simple, meaningless words? Maybe he said 'like' and not 'love'?!
You breathed in deeply, and tried your best to stay calm.

"Are you dumb?"

Hika stared at you for a while, a deadpanned expression plastered on his face. He then tilted his head, being a bit confused. "What? Am I?"

You stood up from the bed, opened the door of your room and before leaving, you turned around to face the purple haired narcissist. "You're dumb. You can't say just say that you love someone, not just like that. You don't even really know me." you explained, trying your best not to stutter or blush.

His innocently confused eyes now seemed more dark, somewhat dangerous. Threatening, almost.
"I do know you. I know you better than anyone else. I know you better than you know yourself." he retorted, slowly walking towards you in a not-so-reassuring manner.

He kept walking, and as he finally got right in front of you, he closed the door, and forcefully pressed your back against it.
"Now listen to me, Missy, I just confessed to you. I expressed my love towards you. Yes, I do love you. I even love this wild, straightforward, aggressive personality of yours, but we wouldn't want that to get out of hand, right? I don't want you to be like this with me. Not now. Not when I'm being serious. I am telling you that–"

A loud bang rang through the room. When I say loud, I mean loud.
That was the sound of your fist punching Hika's perfectly symmetrical face.

"That you love me? Yeah, I heard that. You said it like a billion times already." As you were about to place your foot on Hika's chest, he grabbed it, surprising you, and making you fall to the ground.

"Why are you being so indifferent?! I am confessing and you just... don't care!?" Hika shouted, hovering over you, his hands holding tightly your wrists.
Your [e/c] orbs widened greatly, that was the first time that you saw him being so upset. The first time that you heard him shout, and the first time he fought back against you. And all of it happened so fast, just because he dared to say these three (wrong) words.

You were misunderstanding him, and he was misunderstanding you. This was a useless conversation ; you didn't want to admit that someone, a man, loved you sincerely in a romantic way, but Hika understood that as indifference, and couldn't accept the fact that the love of his life was rejecting him so coldly.

"You... uhm... I'm sorry. I didn't... want to seem cold. I'm not, I just need to think about what you said for a while, alright?" you tried to calm him down and explain yourself at the same time, trying to avoid his orange eyes staring right into yours.

Hika Takeo predicted you would say that. He was beyond angry. Time?! You asked him for more time? More waiting? He was always waiting. He was waiting since the day he met you. He couldn't wait much longer, he needed you. You were his only source of joy – of emotion. But he knew that if he showed too much of his rage in front of you, you would freak out and never talk to him again. He didn't want that. He would wait, he would do anything for you after all, even if it bothers him. He needed to stay calm, in front of you, at least.

"Waiting...?... Okay." he used his normal, low and calm voice, without letting go of your wrists.
He approached his face towards yours, making you go all blushy again. You were still shocked though, but you sadly couldn't control the blood in your cheeks.
He was getting closer and closer, closer than he ever had been, and your heart was racing so much you thought you'd die.
But he just placed a kiss on your nose. The nose. Maybe your feminine hormones were a bit disappointed about this, but you were the one who asked him to wait though.

"Can you... huh... get off of me now? Please?" you timidly asked, still feeling his soft lips against your nose.

He stood up rapidly – too rapidly, and smiled brightly at you.
"I guess I have to go now, [Y/N]. Spending time with you was nice. I hope you'll feel better, see you tomorrow! Love you!"

And before you could even react, the boy was already out of the house.

That Hika was really a mystery, wasn't he? Going from unemotional to happy-go-lucky to angry-child and back to happy-go-lucky? All of that in less than an hour? These mood swings almost made you sick. But you still felt, undeniably, this strong attraction towards him — and you couldn't do anything about it.

A/N : thats normal reader-chan i mean he's hot n he's got abs lol who cares if he's insane