Chapter 9

The next morning, you were terrified.
You just remembered what you told Hika the day before, and regretted it. It's not like you felt bad for him or anything, you were simply scared that he would be mad at you and lock you up in a basement to torture you or something...

And... "get a life, fuckboy.", how lame was that?! Anything else would've been better...

You certainly didn't want to go to school today.

"[Y/N]! My sweet little precious child! You're going to be late for school if you don't get up!" your mother yelled from downstairs, as you were still trembling in your bed, pulling the covers over your head and hoping to disappear.

Seeing that you weren't answering, your mother walked up to your room and sat in front of your bed. "Wake up, you lazy useless child..." she murmured, a dark expression covering her face.
You gasped exaggeratedly and faked a cough, pretending to be sick, "That's rude, mom... But I feel bad anyways, I don't know if I can get out of my bed." You coughed once again, and stared at your mother's soul with puppy dog eyes.

"I don't care. If you don't go to school, you won't see Hika..." she started, grinning widely.
That's what I want, actually, you thought, frowning.
"And I wanted you to bring him home today too! He is such a nice person! So if you don't go to school, you won't get to bring him here after school!" she continued, her grin never leaving her face.

You were the most unlucky person of all.

That's when you came up with another excuse, "He lives next door, I could just call him after school to tell him to come here!"
"No. If you go to school, you get to see him more." she retorted, her face now seeming serious.
You hid under the covers once again, covering your head with a pillow. "Mooommm! I don't want to see Hika!"

-

"Hi, Hika..."

Your mother, being the bad and insane mother she was, forced you to get up from your bed by literally pouring boiling hot water on you. That sure did wake you up. You could still feel the burning sensation all over your skin, and your hair was all wet too. Also, unluckily, you didn't look like a sexy model with wet hair. You were more of the ugly-wet-rat type.
Very surprisingly, the first person you bumped into while arriving at school was Hika.

"Oh! [Y/N]. ... What happened to you?" he asked, staring at your wet hair with blank eyes.
You laughed bitterly, looking down at your feet, "A crazy old woman poured boiling hot water on me while laughing maniacally."
"Ah, I understand." he nodded vigorously, giving you a small smile. "Shall we go to class, now? I'm afraid we will be late." He grabbed your hand and started walking before you could even say anything.

What shocked you though, was the fact that he didn't seem affected at all by what happened yesterday. It was like everything was perfectly normal. Like he forgot.

-

At lunch, you decided that you'd try eating on the roof. Cool kids in anime always ate on the roofs... You wanted to be a cool kid too.
After class ended, you rapidly left, not even glancing back at Hika or Loki. You went to the cafeteria, grabbed a sandwich, and rushed back towards the roof. In all honesty, you didn't know how to get to the roof, exactly, you just thought that by walking up the stairs again and again you'd end up on the roof at some point.
Unbeknownst to you, Hika was following you since the lessons finished.

"Where exactly do you want to go, [Y/N]?" a masculine voice asked, coming from behind you.
You jumped a bit, almost dropping your sandwich. "Hika!? What are you doing here?" you shouted, turning your eyes to meet Hika's.
"You're going on the roof?" he wondered, ignoring your question completely.
"Ah? Uh... Yeah. Cool kids in anime eat on the-"
"You can't." he cut you off, using a stern voice. He grabbed your arm and proceeded to bring you somewhere else but you slapped his arm away.
"Why can't I?! All the cool kids in anime do it!" you snapped, puffing out your cheeks while glaring at him.
He sighed, and shook his head in disappointment, "Ugh, you weeb..." he muttered under his breath, but sadly, you heard him. Before you could knock him out, he added, "First of all, you're not in an anime. Secondly, the door that leads to the roof is closed. You need a key, and only teachers have it."

Your mouth formed an 'o', as you finally understood why he was stopping you. "Oh, that was it... Sorry..." you mumbled, looking away from him as a pink tint covered your cheeks in embarrassment.

"It's okay.. Don't just stand here now. Let's go."

-

Loki was pulling some books out of her locker, as she was getting ready to leave since it was now the end of the day.

"Loki!!!" a voice yelled, waking Loki up from her thoughts.

"Loki! I didn't see you at all today, except in class. You okay?" you asked her, smiling brightly.
She pouted like a child and hid her eyes behind her bangs, "Y-Yeah... It's just... My brother forced me to come back home. Because Father was worried about me, apparently." she nonchalantly explained, shrugging her shoulders.

"...Okay? What's wrong with that?" you sweatdropped, not understanding the silver haired girl's problem.

"What's wrong with that?!! Father always prefers my brother and they spend so much time together that I'm lonely all the time! And Mother... um... I don't really know what she thinks about me. I'm so, so bored... It's killing me..." she complained, faking some tears and exaggerated dramatical expressions.

You nodded in understanding, putting a hand on your chin. "Why don't you come over to my house, then?" you proposed.

Surprisingly, she didn't seem totally satisfied with your answer. "...How am I gonna have fun there?"

You gasped discretely, and mumbled in a sad tone, "Well... I mean... You'll be with me...?"

"You're not fun. You're as boring as my old man."

You did your best not to cry in front of her, as you were completely shocked by her words. You two were supposed to be best friends...

"Um... Uh... There will be my mom?" you continued, hoping to convince her.

She just stared at you with narrowing eyes, as if saying "How is she fun?"

You looked down once again in defeat, and mumbled a faint sentence, "...She poured boiling hot water on me this morning."

As you dared to look up, you were horrified/satisfied to see Loki smiling from ear to ear (literally), visibly happy with your argument.

-

You entered your house with Loki behind you, closing the door as she stepped in.

"Mom, I brought Lok-" you interrupted yourself as you heard another voice, very probably a masculine voice, coming from the living room.
You frowned in suspicion and walked up to that room, Loki following you.

A long and disappointed sigh escaped your lips, as you saw Hika and your mother sitting on the couch, and casually chatting as if they were old friends.

"Haha, Hika! Dear, you're so amusing!" she laughed as Hika simply gave her a charming smile. "Oh! [Y/N]! You're here! I noticed that Hika arrived to his house a little bit earlier than you, so I went to his house and asked him to come here to wait for you! And he accepted! What a gentleman!"

"KYAAAAA!! What a gentleman!" Loki screamed, in her terribly high-pitched voice, red hearts appearing from nowhere in her eyes.

"I am a gentleman." Hika agreed, still smiling innocently.

"I want to die..." you muttered, sulking as the three of them laughed happily together for no reason.