Chapter 8

"Hello... [Y/N]."

You sweatdropped at his reaction, and noticed that his constant glare was directed at your 'friend' Cato, who was just smiling sheepishly, waving at Hika.

"Uh... You okay?" you asked putting a hand on Hika's shoulder.
He quickly pushed your hand away, his eyes never meeting yours. "Who is that?" he wondered - more like demanded, ignoring you completely.

"Oh... that thing? Ignore it, it's useless." you answered honestly, smiling smugly.
"Thing?! Aw, come on [Y/N]-chan... That's too mean..." the said 'thing' falsely cried, wiping the imaginary tears from his face.
Hika felt relieved, as you apparently disliked the small blonde haired boy. Though he couldn't help but feel some kind of strong bond between you two, a stronger bond than the one he had with you.
"Um... Please excuse [Y/N]-chan for her mean behavior!" the boy exclaimed, a bright smile plastered on his face. "Actually, she's the useless thing here..." he mumbled as his smile was suddenly replaced by a satisfied smirk.
The smirk also disappeared as you punched him right in the arm.
"Anyways... My name is Cato! Cato Leicester. It's very nice to meet you!" Cato smiled once again, rubbing his pained arm.

Hika sighed, before rolling his eyes and turning around. "Whatever... [Y/N], let's go home... I was waiting for you this whole time. I don't like waiting."
He grabbed your hand and started to walk away.

"Is everyone in this school mean or what...?" Cato complained, before rapidly running after you two.

"W-Wait! You didn't even tell me your name!" he yelled, running at a very low pace after you and Hika (poor child wasn't really the athletic type.)

Hika stopped walking, and turned his head slightly on the side to look down at Cato, his gaze so threatening it could almost kill someone. "You don't know who I am?"

The blonde teen rubbed his neck awkwardly, still smiling, "I do! But I thought it would be more polite to ask you for your name instead of talking to you as if I already know you! Which is actually true but you know I mean 'know you' like know you personally... I mean I-"

"I get it. I apologize, but I don't think that a person like you is worthy of it." his angry glare intensified, before turning around once again.
"W-Worthy of what?!" the blonde questioned, pouting like a disappointed child.

"Worthy of hearing my introduction to you."

-

"H-Hey, Hika! What the hell was that?!" you shouted, as you were finally in front of your house.

Of course, you complained during the whole walk, and tried to get out of Hika's grip, but he was much stronger than you were. You felt terribly bad for leaving Cato behind like that, you knew that he was a huge crybaby and that he could get vexed easily.

"What are you talking about?" he asked, tilting his head on the side, seeming confused.
"What I am talking about?? You just insulted my friend there and dragged me here like a dog! Even though you're supposed to be my dog and not the opposite." you growled, finally getting out of his grip.
"Oh... you think of me as your dog?" he said, his cheeks already turning slightly pink.

You kicked his legs, but he didn't react at all. "Don't get all masochistic again... I'm not in the mood for this. You can't just go around and insult people like that."

"I can't? But isn't it what you always do, though?" he smirked discretely, using your own words against yourself.

"I don't give a damn about that..." you tried to act cool, but puffed out your cheeks as you knew he was right, "It'll pass for this time, but if you ever be mean to one of my friends once again, I'll send you to a fucking slaughterhouse, like the fucking cow you are." you continued, calmly, before turning away from him.

He laughed at your words, his blush intensifying, "You're so funny! You're literally the best, [Y/N]. I love you soooo much!" he affirmed, walking behind you, as you were right in front of your house.

Your heart pounded fast at his words, not because you liked him particularly or anything, but just because it was the first time that you heard these words coming from a boy. A guy. A man.
You felt your cheeks heat up quickly, so you turned around again, not wanting him to see you blushing and thinking that you liked him in a like-like way.
You breathed in deeply, trying to calm yourself down. He probably doesn't mean that in a like-like way, you thought. He definitely didn't mean it. Maybe he didn't even really know what that meant?

"Your friend... Uh, what was his name again? Oh well... I don't like him." he murmured, and you noticed that his voice was much lower than it was usually, and it was closer than before. It was so close that you could feel his breath on your skin as he talked. How did he even get that close without you noticing anyway?!

"I don't care. He's my friend, and you're not my mom. I-I can be friends with whoever I want." you talked back, your voice slightly shaking and breaking at the last part. You didn't really feel scared, but he did have this sort of threatening aura around him sometimes, and even though you wanted to not feel scared, you couldn't help it.

He chuckled darkly, and it felt like he was even closer now. "Can you? But you told me that I was your friend, right?" he whispered, and you swore you could hear a bit of disappointment in his voice.

"Y-Yeah... But I can have other friends, too..."

He grabbed your nape, and you flinched at his touch. He really was strong... Thank god it was just the nape and not the entire neck, you would've choked if it was.
"Yes. But this guy... you two seemed really close, don't you think? Too close to be just friends..." he stated, tightening his grip on your neck.

That's it. That.Was.It. You were almost completely sure of it, now. That guy... he was acting like a total yandere. A normal guy would never talk to another girl like this, and certainly would never grab her nape like this.
The fear you felt a few moments ago was slowly being replaced by some kind of excitement ; you always had this boring life, with nothing entertaining or special happening. But this guy entered your life... and maybe that now you could finally have a little bit of fun.
You realized that it seemed completely sick to feel excited about meeting a possessive psychopath, but you were just that bored.
And you read so many fanfictions about yanderes, you would know how to deal with Hika........ right?

You rolled your eyes so hard that you almost saw your brain, and sighed deeply. You slowly raised your leg, and before the purple haired boy could understand what was happening, you kicked him with an incredible strength in the chest. He flew before brutally landing on the cold hard ground.

You smirked at him and opened the door of your house.
"Get a life, fuckboy."