Chapter 15

A/N : hi guys!! I just wanted to thank you all for your nice comments and opinions on this book!!! Ya'll bring me hope & happiness so thank you so much, I love you alllllllllll!!! To thank you all, in this chapter you'll have tons of fluff <3
— komaeda

It's been a while since you and Hika had been talking, and the snow didn't seem to bother you two. Surprisingly. You would usually always get annoyed by the snow.
"We should probably protect ourselves." you stated, as you started to seriously get cold.

Hika blushed and chuckled, hiding his face behind his hands. His laughs were muffled, but it seemed like he was laughing a lot.
"Why are you suddenly laughing?" you asked him, scratching the back of your head.
He paused to breathe in, "You said we should protect ourselves... But apparently it feels better without protection." He then let out a loud laugh and held his stomach in pain from too much laughter.

These remarks didn't shock you anymore, as you were quite used to his masochistic comments. Your inexpressive face disappointed him greatly, who hoped to see you all embarrassed and uneasy in front of him — that was such a beautiful sight, in his eyes.
"Aw, (Y/N), you're not blushing anymore?" he falsely pouted, wiping non-existing tears from his cheeks.
You raised an eyebrow, "Well, you can't pull the same joke twice, right?" You gave him a satisfied smile, but he returned the same smile.
He approached you closely, grabbed the coat placed on your shoulders, and covered both of your heads with it. The coat wasn't that big, so — to your dismay — you and Hika were particularly close.
"...Why do you always have to be so c-close to me?!" you whisper-yelled, feeling your cheeks heat up. You couldn't control those hormones, after all.
He smirked slightly, his eyes shining with a strange glow. "It's the only thing that seems to embarrass you. You're very pretty when you're embarrassed."

What made you feel especially uneasy was the fact that he looked serious while saying this, he didn't have this playful facial expression of his when he teased you.
He placed a hand on your shoulder, distracting you from your thoughts. "(Y/N). Can I ask you something?" His eyes were deadly serious and so was his low voice.

You jumped slightly, staring back at him. "U-Uh... Yeah, shoot."
You thought he was probably going to ask you something about what happened 'the other day' (you know, when you coldly rejected him!), and you honestly didn't want him to ask anything about that. You would feel so uncomfortable. Liking him back would be stupid, right? Because then you two would date, and we all know that young couples start with ice creams, cute gifts, cuddles, movies, sweet words, and it ends with yells and heart breaks. Great. You didn't want, or need that in your life, seriously.

The dark purple haired teen was still staring at you, his eyes not seemingly blinking. "(Y/N)... About the other day..."

Brilliant! About the 'other day'. Such a lucky person you are, (Y/N).

"You told me to wait, give you more time. I did. What now?"

You opened your mouth to answer, but you didn't actually know what to say. You were dumbfounded. "Uh... Um... I-It starts with ice cream and... ends with heart breaks... and no more ice cream..." you mumbled to yourself, not realising Hika was hearing you.

The boy's mouth formed into an 'o', as he finally understood why you were so unsure about accepting him. "You pretend to not return my feelings towards you, because you're scared I'll abandon you, right??!" Hika looked like a happy puppy, you didn't really understand why. But he was happy. "You have a fear of abandonment! How cuuuuuttttee–"

You cut him off by slapping his cheek, so hard the slapping sound could be heard. "Shut up. I don't." you huffed and puffed your cheeks out, glaring at him.
He simply smiled warmly, and grabbed your hand, placing it on his reddened cheek and putting his hand over yours. "Your hits are really amazing... Such a turn on..." Noticing your intensifying glare, he cleared his throat before continuing, "Anyways. My question is, do you want to get ice creams with me forever? No heart breaks. Just ice cream." he assured, keeping that warm smile on his face.

You looked down in embarrassment, "Just ice cream? Forever?"

"Just ice cream. Forever."

"... Okay." you whispered, in a tone so low even you could barely hear it.

Hika smiled deviously, "Pardon? I didn't quite get this." He perfectly heard this. He was just teasing, as usual.

You removed your hand from his cheek and slapped him on the other one. "You heard me, dumb-dumb!"

The orange eyed teen removed himself from under the coat, placing it back on your shoulders, and exclaimed, with both of his hands on his hurt cheeks, "Now that we are a couple, would you rather do it at my home or yours?"

That's how you ended up fighting with him, again.
But little do you know, while he was laughing and spending a good time with you, his mind was going crazy. I mean, you were finally his. And you couldn't go back — you agreed to this yourself. You agreed to all the things he planned to do to you, and you agreed to all the things he would do to the people too close to you.

These are not bad intentions, of course! After all, he loves you. Hika Takeo loves you so much.