Chapter 43

You easily convinced your mother to let you go back to school, with Ouma's help, of course. The only condition was that Ouma would be coming to school as well, from now on. And he would be in the same class as you.

The simple thought of imagining him clinging to you every single day, was utterly terrifying to you — because there was Hika too, and he would get angry once again if he saw his brother clinging to you. You wondered how many times could Hika get pissed before attaining the ultimate anger level, even thought you wished to never see that ultimate anger level.

Ouma woke you up as usual, he now turned into your own personal alarm clock.
The first thing you said to him was, "Don't even think about talking to me at school. Or even following me. Or even looking at me. When we're at school, you know nothing about me. Got it?"
His eyes turned glossy, as his lower lip started trembling. "B-But... I'm not really good at socializing, you see... If I don't stay with you, I'll be completely lonely."
You stood up from your bed and looked down at him, seeing his melodramatic expression. "You said you're worried about your own safety, right? Then you shouldn't stay with me, I'll often be with Hika." you coldly said, narrowing your eyes at him.

Let's say that you were kind of mad at him. You didn't like the fact that he told you he cared about you, and a few seconds later, he told you that he only cared for himself. Actually, it's not that you didn't like it — it's that you didn't understand it.
A person who only cares about themselves has no need to stay around you, you thought.

Ouma was a bit hurt by your words, even though he expected it. He didn't think that you would get that angry just because of what he said, yesterday. Maybe he shouldn't have said that, he hated the fact that you preferred Hika over him — so after saying he didn't care about you, he guessed that you wouldn't be as nice with him as you used to be. He wanted you to stop being so nice with him, so that he could stop feeling attracted to you.

You could never like someone as horrendous as him, he thought.

...also, compared to his brother, his slim, short figure, and his childish face probably weren't really attractive to women.

"Hello? Do you hear me?!" you shouted, waving your hands in front of Ouma's inexpressive face.
He widened his eyes and took a few steps back, "Sorry... I was spacing out..." he mumbled, before leaving the room and heading towards the kitchen.

You raised an eyebrow and sighed deeply, "This kid is definitely bipolar... I'll never understand the way he thinks..."

You finally arrived in front of this horrifying place called 'school'. You truly hated being there.

Right before entering the place, you put a hand on Ouma's shoulder, and discretely whispered to him, "Remember, from now on we don't know each other..."
You removed your hand and quickly disappeared in the crowd of students, leaving a lonely Ouma behind you.

"Ugh... She really didn't have to leave that fast..." he murmured to himself, holding tightly his purple schoolbag in his hands. He still stood in front of the school, not daring to walk in.
He woke up from his thoughts as a person bumped into him, making him fall on the ground.
He turned his head towards his assaillant, growling angrily. He was surprised to see a blond boy with an innocent-looking face, his worried golden eyes staring down at him.
"A-Are you okay?!" he asked, extending his hand towards Ouma."I'm really sorry, I'm clumsy as hell..."
Ouma blankly stared at the boy, before standing up on his own and grabbing his schoolbag. "Be careful, next time." he mumbled, before walking away from the blondie.
"Hey! I've never seen ya around here, you're new?" the golden eyed boy exclaimed, running after an annoyed Ouma.
"Yeah." he answered, walking faster, hoping to get rid of this impolite person.