Chapter 11

The next morning, the sun was shining brightly, the birds were singing (or was that your mom?), and you had a fever. A terrible one. Those kind of fevers that make you want to pull your head off.

Good thing, you could skip school.

Bad thing, you had to stay home while being sick, with your sister, all day long.
She was homeschooled, because she deeply hated being around too many people : agoraphobia. In fact, she was just really scared of people, but she preferred to say she hated them.

This same day, the amazing Hika Takeo also could skip school. What a coincidence!
He didn't even have to ask permission to his parents, or to pretend to be sick — his parents weren't with him. For now, let's just say that he was an emancipated boy, but he never talked about it. It wasn't anyone's business, after all.
God knows how, he knew you were sick, so he decided to visit you during the day. To take care of you.

"Honey baby cutie pie! Do you feel better now?" your mom asked you in an unnatural high-pitched voice (who reminds you of this dumb Loki), caressing your head as you finished eating your breakfast.
"What's this new nickname again, mom..." you growled in a low tone, staring back at Betty who had been glaring daggers at you since you woke up. "What's up with you, dumb dumb?" you asked.

"You look fugly today. More than the other days." she bluntly stated, never blinking her cold blue orbs.

Your mom seemed dramatically shocked, and placed a hand on her chest. "What is this language, miss?!" she shouted, looking more exasperated than ever.
"I said she's fugly. I think I know from who she got this face..." she smiled slightly before leaving the room running, your mother too shocked to run after her.

"Did... Did I just get burned by my own daughter?" she whimpered, her back facing you.
"Yep. But it's okay. She's always like this, get used to it."
"You're telling me to get used to my own daughter?" she narrowed her eyes in confusion while you just rolled yours.

Before you could answer, the doorbell rang. You and your mom both turned your heads towards the door suspiciously.
"Maybe it's Hika?!?" your mother whisper-yelled, running towards the door, forgetting about her rude blonde daughter.

You took a deep breath in and sighed, wondering why was Hika attracting all the women, your mom included.
"That's impossible, mom. Hika should be at sch-"

"Eh? Who's this chick?" your mother snarled, turning away from the door, leaving it wide open.

"Chick?"

You walked slowly towards the open door — the person waiting there wasn't Hika (that's why your mom was so disappointed), and it certainly wasn't a chick. It was Cato, your cute-but-punk friend ; the one that Hika scared the other day.

Your eyes widened a bit in surprise, but they rapidly got to their normal size again. "What's up, Cato?" you told him, turning around and gesturing him to come in.
"Oh! Uh, I noticed you weren't at school today so I left and came here to see how you're feelin'! You're not really fine, are ya?" the blondie explained, entering the house while holding a bouquet of yellow roses in his hands.

Your eyes were fixated on the flowers, wondering why he would bring such beautiful flowers just because you were sick. "I see. You skip school just like this. I forgot you were a badass, huh." he just smiled at you, and pushed the flowers just a bit more towards you, as if insisting for you to take them.
"Why did you bring these?" you asked, pointing at them.
"Haha, you could've just said thanks!" he laughed slightly before adding, "I guessed you were sick. Could've been wrong but I was right!! I brought you these 'cause yellow means health and energy, that's why!"
You smiled brightly, being genuinely happy. People rarely brought you flowers, and boys never did (such a sad life).

"Thank you, Cato."

The sweet blond boy stayed with you for three hours and a half, before someone else rang the doorbell, to your displeasure. This time, it had to be Hika. Loki would never skip class, and she was never sick. And you couldn't think of anyone else who had your address.
You did not bother to go open the door, you were persuaded that your mom would do it. You hoped she would talk with him and keep him busy, so you could keep talking calmly with Cato.
If the orange eyed teen saw Cato in your house, he would go cray-cray.

"Who's that?" the blondie asked, turning his head towards the door, as you both were sitting on the ground of your room.
You looked down and sighed, "Very probably Hika. And if he sees you here he'll get really mad, believe me."
He turned around to look at you and raised a curious eyebrow, "How can ya know that?"
You laughed bitterly to yourself, looking nostalgically towards the window. "Let's just say that... I already met people like him. I know how they think." you were thinking of Yuno Gasai.

Plunged deep in your thoughts, you suddenly heard footsteps coming close to your room. Panicking, you grabbed Cato by his hair and threw him in your closet, before jumping onto your bed and pretending to do absolutely nothing, as always.
The door opened.

"Oh, [Y/N]. I truly hope I am not bothering you. I wanted to see if you were fine. How are you?" Hika's deep voice asked, coming from behind you as you were hiding your face in your pillow.
"I'm okay, Hika. What about you? Weren't you supposed... to..." Raising your head to look at him, you cut yourself off seeing all of the strange bags Hika was holding. "What's in these bags...?"

His calm face changed into a devilish one, a wide smirk forming his lips and his eyes glinting with a dangerous light.
"...Do you really want to know?" his tone seemed lower than ever, and his expression wasn't reassuring at all. You almost felt truly scared, at this moment. Almost.

He slowly bent down to open the bags, and all of the sudden you didn't really want to know what they were consisted of.

"I brought things that could make you feel... better. You're sick, aren't you? Let me take care of you, then."

Once he opened all of the bags, he looked up at you with these terrifying orange eyes and said,

"That's some aspirin if you have big headaches, but there's also Advil, Naproxen, Ibuprofen, Valium, Acetaminophen, Imitrex, Relpax, Treximet and a lot of other medication. Of course I already tested all of these meds to see if they had any bad side effects, do not worry! I also brought some [favorite anime character] plushies, because I know you love them. And here I am, because you love me too!" he winked and made a peace sign with his right hand, which was completely out of character for him. You could almost see glitters and stars floating around him.

"M-Medication? You really brought just medication for me? You didn't bring any... um... weird... things?" you hesitantly asked, whispering the last two words.

"Weird things?" he tilted his head to the side innocently, as usual.
You cleared your throat and stepped out of your bed, "You know... since you're... uhm... a perverted masochist and all... I thought you... Uh... Nevermind!!!" you shook your head from side to side, and breathed in deeply. You looked up at Hika and was about to smile at him, but you didn't. He grabbed you by the shoulders and brought you creepily close to him, with his teasing look.

"You always have such perverted thoughts about me, dear [Y/N]. I'm going to start thinking you have wild fantasies about me and stalk me everyday."