Chapter 10

It has been almost two hours since Hika was at your house, casually chatting with Loki and your mother. You were sitting in a corner, desperately waiting for the purple haired teen to leave.
Their conversation seemed to be finally ending, as none of them was talking. But your amazing mother found a way to break the silence, with such an appropriate question, "Say, Hika. What do you think of my little cute baby [Y/N]?"

As you were about to snap at your mother for calling you like that and for asking a personal question, Hika answered. "Oh, about [Y/N]..."
He glanced at you with those orange cat-like orbs, and it made you feel uncomfortable. He was watching you as if you were his prey, once again.
You knew what he was gonna say : he would probably start complimenting you too much, or start saying some scary obsessive things like yanderes always do, according to you. And you didn't want your mother and Loki to hear something like that.

"She's kinda cool, I guess."

You blinked a few times, before understanding his words. "Kinda cool"? Just, "kinda cool"?
You didn't know if you were supposed to feel relieved with his answer or feel dishonoured.

"I mean, her weeb attitude is really getting on my nerves. You know, it's like she only talks about manga and only makes references about anime. Do you know how annoying it is? I do. It is horribly annoying. But, except that,... she's okay."

Your mother seemed as shocked as you were, but Loki was just grinning. No one knew why, but she was grinning.
"I'm... okay...?" you mumbled, standing up from the ground and preparing your fists to destroy Hika's perfectly symmetrical face.
He smiled gently at you, "Yeah, you pass, I guess."

-

Hika arrived at school, the next morning, with bruises and cuts all over his face. You tried your best to avoid him, since the culpability of hurting him so bad was hitting you.
While you were drowning into your thoughts, a firm hand grabbed your shoulder.
"How dare you! You totally ruined the King's face!!!" a silver haired girl known as Loki yelled at the top of her lungs, her voice getting higher-pitched every time.
"... The King?" you wondered, ignoring your best friend's rage.
"Yeah, duh...! Hika's face!"
She let go of your shoulder, and showed you her expressionless face. That face she did every time she was seriously serious (that was very rare).
"Anyways, why did you do that? You had no reason to hit him like this." she stated, her eyes staring at yours intensely.

"I panicked, so I punched."

Loki sweat-dropped, and a long sigh escaped her pink lips. "... And why did you panic?"
"He said that I was 'kinda cool', that I was 'okay' and then that 'I pass'! That was so rude. So I panicked, and I punched." you explained, feeling stupid saying it out loud, realising how stupidly immature that was.
"But it's okay right? You said that you don't have feelings for him, so why do you care about is opinion on you?" she retorted, a small smirk adorning her lips.
"That's just... Ugh... Never mind, I'm just stupid. Bye, see you later."

And a second later, Loki found herself all alone in the corridors, making theories (or predictions, like she would say) about when and where you and Hika will get married.

-

"You're a minute late, Miss [L/N]."

Your math teacher was seriously the worst, yelling at kids for being a minute late.
As you turned around to face the class, an horrified expression replaced your annoyed one ; all the seats were taken, except the seat next to Hika. How cliché is that... Looks like you truly were unlucky!

"Please sit down next to Takeo, Miss [L/N]."

You hesitantly walked up to your seat, feeling the teacher's eyes piercing holes through your back.

You simply sat down without even saying hello to the masochistic boy, as the teacher finally started her boring lessons.

"Hello, [Y/N]."

You ignored him.

"...hello?"

Still ignoring. You were too ashamed to look at him or talk to him. I mean, who the hell punches someone just because they're panicking?

You heard Hika sigh, and felt relieved as that probably meant he would stop talking to you. But that was wrong.

A few minutes later, you felt a hand on your shoulder. You discretely turned your [e/c] eyes to look at the hand, and it was unsurprisingly Hika's.
You chose not to react. It was probably the best solution. Or not.
His hand went down on your forearm.
You frowned a bit, moved your arm so he would let go of it, but he just tightened his grip.
He then grabbed your hand, but you still didn't want to talk with him. Stubborn. Way too stubborn.
And then you finally understood what he was doing — just before his hand could touch your thigh, you turned around your face and growled at him, slapping his hand away.
"What were you doing, you masochistic pervert?!" you whisper-yelled, trying to make disappear the redness of your face.

"You didn't want to talk to me. I was trying to get a reaction from you." he answered with an innocent apologetic smile, tilting his head to the side.
"Well, you got your reaction. Now stop talking to me." you answered bluntly, pouting like a lost puppy.
"Tell me why you're mad at me, then."

You looked down in shame, and started playing with your fingers to avoid seeing his orange pupils.
"Well... um... because I punched you, yesterday... really hard..." you whispered, hoping that he heard you, because you surely didn't want to repeat that.

He laughed a bit, put his hand on your head and started scratching it, like you were some kind of pet.
"So you're mad at me because you punched me? That doesn't mean anything." you could almost see his cold smile never leaving his face, making you feel particularly uncomfortable.
"T-That's not what I mean... I'm not mad at you... I... feel bad about myself because I hit you, reaaaaalllllyyyy hard, and I... don't want to look at your bruised face and remind myself that I did that." you whispered, feeling incredibly stupid after explaining yourself.

"Oh, but that was the point! I wanted you to punch me! Haha!" he happily declared, clapping his hands together like a child.
You sweatdropped and stared at him with a deadpanned expression, "What...?"

"When your mom asked me my opinion on you, I knew that by saying you were 'kinda cool', you would get mad and punch me! That's what I wanted." he looked so happy, truly happy, it was almost terrifying. "...and also, it confirmed what I thought."

At this precise moment, you didn't really feel bad about punching him anymore. You wanted to punch him multiple times until his death.
"What did you think...?" you asked, trying not to hit him in front of everyone.

"You care about my opinion on you, apparently. That means that you like me back. That's what I thought. And I now think that my thought was a good thought."

Your face turned extremely red at this false fact, and you immediately turned your eyes away from him. "What the hell? I never said that I liked you. Not in the like-like way."

"We'll see about that." he smiled at you once again, before concentrating on the lessons and completely ignoring you.