Chapter 35

You finally went back home, and you've never been that happy to be in this house in your whole life.
As soon as you stepped in, your mother arrived, running, a wide smile plastered on her face. "How was it?!"
Still slightly disturbed by your 'locked up day', you didn't really understand what she was talking about. You tried to think about what could she be possibly talking about, and after a while, it hit you.
"How was what?? Mom... H-How did you know? I'm sorry! That won't happen again! I never thought I'd have s–"
"What are you talking about, my sweet little duck?" your mother interrupted, her smiling face seeming confused.
You blinked your eyes — she didn't know. Of course... she thought you were at Loki's house. How could you forget that... "Um... Nothing. Everything was great. Loki was... super... nice..? I-I'll be going in my room now." you mumbled, wanting to get away from your mother as fast as possible.
She frowned in sadness, "But wait, my adorable little fairy! I didn't give you your Christmas present yet! Betty didn't want to open it..."
You widened your eyes and grabbed Ouma's hand, who was simply standing next to you, and quickly walked away from this crazed woman. "I don't want to open it either!"

"...I'm sorry." you declared, sitting on your bed, and gesturing Ouma to sit next to you.
He frowned, and sat down too, "For what?"
You looked away in shame, "Um... You know... I lied. I wasn't with Loki."
He laughed loudly and roughly punched your shoulder (I guess he does have a little bit of strength, after all), "I lie all the time. Don't get worried because of a simple lie."
You chuckled slightly at his words, "Yeah, but... I knew Hika was a bad person... and I went there anyway. I even left you alone with these insane people. I should've stayed... Christmas isn't even a great time for you, huh?" you clenched your fists as you felt the guilt taking over you, "I'm sure you're mad at me. And you have good reasons. So, I'm sorry."
He widened his purple eyes and acted shocked, gasping exaggeratedly, "Oh, my! I never thought you'd be the type of person to apologize!"
You smiled sweetly, you were glad that he wasn't mad at you.
"...But next time, you should listen to me, you naive dumb shit. Unless you want to get locked up again." he was back to his usual self, staring at you with blank eyes.
"Yeah... I'll try to avoid him from now on–"
"You don't get it," he interrupted, "You're not just going to try. You have to stay away from him. He'll destroy you, and me if he finds us. I can't let that happen."
You slowly nodded, narrowing your eyes. Ouma seemed pretty scared of his brother, much more scared than he already was.

He knew how angry Hika could really get, you never saw him being truly angry. The only way of protecting you from him was to lock you up in your own house, but that would be just as bad as being locked up in Hika's house. Ouma knew you wouldn't agree. But he had to keep you away from him. He had to.

"(Y/N)... would you agree to stay in this house for a while?" he hesitantly asked, a serious look on his face. "If you go to school... he'll find you."

You widened your eyes slightly, and thought about his offer. If you stayed here, you'd have to find an excuse for not going to school. You could pretend to be sick, but that wouldn't last forever. You could ask to go in another school, but that would be too sudden and it's not that easy to change schools so fast.

"If you're worrying about your mom's reaction, it's okay. I'll persuade her. She won't mind you staying here for as long as you need to." he said, as if he just read your mind.

If you really had the choice, you'd go to school anyway. Because you're an annoying, stubborn, stupid and careless protagonist. But this time, you decided to trust Ouma. Last time, you didn't, and it didn't really end up well...

If you went to school, he'd find you, kidnap you, break your legs or tie you up to a chair and probably torture you or something. You weren't really into that kind of thing... You had a brain, after all. Maybe.

"Okay. I'll stay here." you nodded vigorously, a determined look on your face. "But... I was wondering... Why are you suddenly worried about me? I mean, it always seemed like you didn't like me at all. Why are you helping me, then?" you questioned, raising an eyebrow.

He tilted his head to the side, "Well... I guess... I don't want you to go through the same shit as me. My brother... is a very toxic person. I don't think anyone deserves to be around someone like him. And... you've been pretty nice to me. It wouldn't be fair if I was mean to you, y'know?"

You smiled slyly, "Well, well, well... Look who's the big tsundere, here... Acting all mean and haughty, but is really nice inside..."

His whole face reddened up quickly, "I-I'm not nice, you b...b-bitch!" he stood up, getting ready to leave the room.

"Hey! Don't call me that!" you walked up to him and pulled his hair, "You do realize we're gonna live together all the time from now on, right? We should learn to get along........ Tsundere-chan."

He growled and tried to run away, but he just got pulled backwards as you were still grabbing his hair, and brutally fell on the ground. He grabbed your arm and made you fall on the ground too, as you two started to playfully fight with each other.

That's when the devil entered your room. I mean, your mother. Sorry.

"Um, (Y/N), could you- Oh! Oh my, oh my! I am so sorry! I didn't want to interrupt anything! That's what cool kids call 'BDSM' these days, right? Haha! Just keep going, kiddos! I'll be leaving!"

You rapidly stood up from the ground and ran after your mother, angrily yelling at her, "Why do you always have to say these things when there's a guy with me???"

"Haha! Dearie, you don't have to hide things away from me! I am a 'cool mom' after all! LOL!"

You slapped the side of her head as she was just laughing sheepishly, "You can't say 'LOL' out loud, mom! Ugh... just... shut up!" 

A/N : omg I haven't updated in five days I'm a terrible author I'm sorry,,,,,, but I hope you liked this  chapter!!
Anyway, I wanted to rant once again bc as you all surely noticed I loveee ranting, but I thought that rant was gonna get too many people triggered and maybe it was too serious so I decided not to talk about it, actually. Maybe I'll talk about it in the next chapter??? Sooooooo instead I'm gonna rant about a not-so-triggering thing!!! I got into a serious fight with one of my friends today bc she thought I was wayyyy too jealous all the time,,, I wanted to know if I was like the only one who's jealous about anything nd anyone 24/7???? Like literally. I get jealous when my friend hugs another friend, I get jealous when someone says hi to my friends before me, or even when someone stops answering to me but keep talking to someone else afterwards??? (dnt ask me how I know they're talking to someone else, I'm just a stalker yknow) I even get jealous when someone likes someone else's pic on insta before mine, or even when I see super sweet comments on my chapters and see they basically comment the same thing everywhere (once again, dnt ask how I know that. I just do.) liKE I GET JEALOUS ALL THE TIME AND ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY ANYMORE ITS JUST REALLY PROBLEMATIC,,,, LIKE PPL GET MAD AT ME ALL THE TIME AND ALSO WHEN I GET JEALOUS I START IGNORING PPL AND I CAN IGNORE PPL FOR A LONGGGGGG TIME AND I WANTED TO SEE IF I RLY HAD A PROBLEM OR IF OTHER PPL WERE LIKE ME???
ok so now u know im a total creepy possessive stalker, but i like sharing secrets abt myself with u bc its making our reader-author bond stronger *creepy stalker voice*╹◡╹

um......gbye !!!!!!!!!
— komaeda