Chapter 17

It's been already three hours. Three hours since you've been at the amusement park with Hika. The park wasn't that big, so you already went on almost all of the rides, but Hika was never tired — he wanted to do his favourite rides again and again and again. You? You were particularly annoyed, because first of all, he only chose thrilling rides, and even if you loved them, at some point it almost made you sick. That guy never paused, and he absolutely didn't seem phased by the rides.
His attitude was also a bit... strange. Much more different than usual, at least. He literally acted like a child all the time, and you felt like his mom. He even once cried because you refused to buy him two ice creams. It's like he was a totally new person. He was extremely childish, worse than Loki, and it was seriously getting on your nerves. Couldn't he just stay calm for one second?

"Hika, I'd like to go home." you told him, slightly tapping on his shoulder as he was about to walk towards another ride.
He pouted, "You already want to leave?! But we're having so much fun!"
"You're having fun. We already went on all the rides you wanted. I'm tired." you sighed, rolling your eyes in annoyance.
He narrowed his eyes like he was about to cry, and held both of your hands in his. "Please! Just one last ride, okay?"
You sighed once more, and nodded slowly, while he was already pulling you towards the next ride.

As you were running, dragged by Hika, you saw a familiar blond haired guy among the crowd. You instantly stopped running, and waved at what seemed to be your friend Cato. The purple head didn't seem happy about your reaction.

Cato smiled brightly and approached you. "(Y/N)! What are you doing here?"
You smiled back and shrugged, "Just babysitting Hika. Hey, I see you bought a new leather jacket... It looks great on you!"
The "baby" glared at you, then at Cato. "It doesn't look that great..." he mumbled to himself, whispering so softly that it was inaudible to you.
"Thank ya, (Y/N)!" Cato ruffled your hair playfully, then turned towards Hika. "Oh, Hika! I didn't notice you were here too! How are ya?"
Your boyfriend had a deadpan face, he seemed to be on the verge of suicide.
He cleared his throat, closed his eyes for a few seconds, took a deep breath in and brightened up his facial expression. "I'm great! I'm amazingly great! I asked (Y/N) out, and I even kissed her a few hours ago!" as Hika saw Cato's face sadden, he continued, "I must say, she is a feisty one... You know, she even used her tongue! And it was just a first kiss!"
Your whole face and neck reddened up in a split second, and you immediately punched Hika in the arm. "I totally did not! The kiss lasted for, like, three seconds!!!"
He massaged his painful arm for a moment, and after he was done, Hika placed his finger on your jawline, sliding it down to the crook of your neck. He smirked satisfyingly at you, "don't lie, you dirty girl."

Now he was himself again. Sadly.

The deep colour covering your face darkened, and you brutally slapped his hand away. "D-Don't listen to him Cato, he's feeling a bit strange today, that's all!"
You felt really bad, Cato's eyes were sad and empty, he truly looked disappointed. You had to tell him something, anything, you couldn't just leave him in this state! "Cato... Listen... I'm sorry." you looked up to him with a serious look on your face, placing your hand on his shoulder.
"Huh? Sorry for what?"
You sighed and said, "Well, you know... I mean... You seem really sad... So, since you liked me until middle school... I guessed that–"
The blondie chuckled lightly, "Haha! (Y/N), don't 'cha get worried! You think I'm sad because I like you, right! Hm, you're so nice, worrying about me! But I'm over you now. I mean, I'm not really interested in girls anymore..." he almost whispered the last sentence, but you heard it clearly.
You tilted your head, confused, "Not really interested in gir–" you cut yourself off, and turned your head towards Hika. You then looked back at Cato, then at Hika, and then at Cato. "Wait... wait... so, you are disappointed, but it's not because of me... It's because of... Oh, God..." you turned again towards Hika, dumbfounded.

Hika understood the situation as well, but he seemed more uneasy than shocked. "Um..." he didn't even know what to say.

A long silence followed.

"Uh... Can I... can I hug you? And then I'll leave, that's a promise!" Cato asked Hika, blushing furiously. "Please..."

The orange eyed boy looked desperately towards you, but you just nodded mischievously at him.

"Yeah, sure... Go on..."

Cato lunged at him, and held him tightly in his arms. That moment seemed endless. It was the most awkward moment of your whole life, and of Hika's too.
"Um... Cato... you have a sharp object in the pocket of your jean, and it's bothering me... Could you please let go, now?" Hika politely asked, looking down at the blond boy.

"Oh, haha! I'm afraid that's not a sharp object!"

Hika thought he would faint. You thought you would die of laughter and faint.

Awkward.

Hika got back home right after the awkward confession, and he couldn't stop thinking about the goddamn 'sharp object'. He knew he was handsome, but he didn't know that even boys could like him! And to think he actually felt threatened by this short blond boy...

He closed the main door behind him, and removed his shoes before entering the living room.
His house didn't smell good at all, death didn't smell good, after all.
The living room was empty, as usual. His parents... weren't here. That was a good thing. He was about to go upstairs, to his room — he wanted to look at you through his window, you were so beautiful, how could he spend a minute without seeing your pretty face?
But something – someone, interrupted him.

"HIKAAAAA!!!"

Great. This guy again, always bothering Hika. If he could also just die, it would be nice.
"What do you want?!" he yelled back at the masculine voice, coming from a room next to his.
"Bring me the fucking drink, you dumb fuck!" the voice shouted angrily and impatiently.
The sociopathic teen sighed deeply, and felt the anger boiling up inside him. This unknown guy always asked for these strange mauve drinks, and never got out of his room. "I'm not your dog! You can get the drink yourself!"

The voice seemed even angrier, "But I'm fucking fragile! Have you seen my frail body?! I can't do anything! Even a fucking baby has more strength than I do! You, you're so tall and strong! Use that goddamn strength to bring me that goddamn bottle, pretty boy!"
Hika, admitting that the voice's owner had a pretty fragile body, decided to grab the mauve drink that the fragile guy wanted. He walked towards the room the voice was coming from, and violently slammed the door open, kicking it.
"Here's your damn drink," he said, throwing it at the small boy with short and wavy purple hair sitting in the middle of the room, tons of empty plastic bottles around him.

The boy turned around, and smiled in an angelic manner at Hika, "Awie, thank you, big bro! You see, you're not completely useless in this house!"

A/N : WELL DAMN CATO WAS GAY THE WHOLE TIME I BET YALL DIDNT SEE THIS COMING (I didn't either tbh) !!!!!!!! And Hika apparently has a sassy lil brother who seems even saltier than Hika and (Y/N) reunited I love this new character already