Chapter 26

A/N : this chapter is dedicated 2 Neostium bc she loves ouma (even tho this chapter was supposed 2 be about hika) n bc i realized ive been talking w her for like a month and that rareeellyy happens to me ((there are like only 5 ppl who i talk to daily since a whileee)) n bc she's motivating me to post regularly so ya. also she doesnt ship komahina (or mayb she does but she didnt tell me who knows) and this is gr8 bc i hATE this ship and im so happy that she never talks 2 me abt it. and she didn't suddenly stop talking to me 4 no reason like most ppl!!!1!1 also i met cool ass ppl thanks to her!!! and she sometimes sends me komaeda pics osdqscqscoflflfdkdjdkflcllfkf. she's ouma's one n only wife. ok that was it gbye ill b leavin now

— komaeda

You noticed that Hika seemed to be disturbed by something, you didn't know what, though. He's been staring at his cup of tea for a while, with orange, concentrated and even sad eyes.
You decided to break the uncomfortable silence, "Hika.. are you oka–"
His hand abruptly grabbing your hand stopped you from continuing, "We need to talk." he calmly announced, his grip tightening. He stood up, not caring about the weird looks your mother and Betty were giving you, and started to walk away. Why was he suddenly pissed...?

"No, she'll be staying here." Ouma calmly said, not even looking up towards Hika or you.
You widened your eyes for a moment, wasn't Ouma mad at you or something?

Hika narrowed his eyes, "Shut up, you ugly spoiled bastard. Stop always interfering. You're seriously getting on my nerves."
Your eyes widened even more, it was the first time you heard your boyfriend swear. You could see so much hatred in the look he gave to Ouma.

The little brother stood up, and with an adorable grin plastered on his face, he grabbed your other hand, gently. "Please stay, (Y/N). You know bad things will happen to you if you go with him." his voice was so soft, compared to Hika's. Honestly, between an angry guy and a sweet child, you would follow the sweet child, right? This is obviously the best option.

Then you realized that you were standing in the middle of two cute brothers who were holding your hands. You totally felt like you were in one of those cringy reverse harem anime, or in one of those otome games. A real life otome game didn't sound too bad, did it?

"H-Hum..." you were very indecisive, as your choice may involve your future husband with who you'll have your future kids and your future house and your future pets and your– oh, God... you were starting to think like Loki.

"Stop thinking with your weeb mind, (Y/N). Stop it." you thought, shaking your head rigorously.
As a normal person, and not a weeb, you would choose to go with Ouma. Following an angry Hika would be a bad idea. But then going with his brother might be a bad idea too...?

Well, I guess both options would spice up the situation. Everyone loves spiced up situations. "I-I'll just stay here... You seem really angry, it's not a good idea to talk with you while you're angry."
He slightly widened his eyes, but, to your surprise, didn't say anything. He just walked away of your house, without saying a word.

"Ugh... Annoying brother..." Ouma whispered, still holding your hand. "Are you okay, (Y/N)?" he sweetly asked, too sweetly.
"Um... Are you okay?"
He laughed, "Of course I am! I'm happy that you didn't go with him. Things would've been bloody, I tell ya." he kept smiling, for no reason, actually.

Unbeknownst to you, Ouma had a reason to be suddenly so nice to you. And he would keep being nice. If you didn't understand it yet, his goal was obviously to steal you away from his brother. It's not because he liked you or anything, he barely knew you. It was for... other complicated reasons, that will be explained later. Apparently, being himself around you wasn't the best idea. He would become sweet, so sweet that you would fall in love with him in the blink of an eye. And Hika will be all alone, in his despair and sadness, all alone.
This was Ouma's goal – Hika falling into complete despair.

"...You don't seem okay. Why are you so nice?" you asked, hesitantly, while frowning.
He looked down with guilty eyes, "I-I've been sort of mean to you, right..? Um... I've been spending two days here, and I got to know you b-better and you're actually... a good person. I... don't socialize a lot, that's why I... I act the way I do. I realized how bad my attitude was just now... I'm really sorry." he seemed to be mad at himself, biting on his lower lip. "I'm sorry. I'll be a better person now, I promise."

You smiled warmly, tightening your grip on his small hand. "It's okay... I understand." And that's how you got trapped in his web of lies.

He looked up at you with a flushed face, and placed a small kiss on the corner of your lips. "T-T-Thanks.."

Oh, oh. Wait. Did a cute boy just kiss the corner of your lips?? Aw, man. Life was getting better and better. But wasn't that awkward, actually...? Since you're dating Hika, you know. Well... I mean... It wasn't a kiss on the lips directly, actually, so it was fine, I guess.

Ouma kept staring at you, his hand still holding yours. You stared back, your cheeks burning.

Betty cleared her throat, "You can go continue your soap opera dramas somewhere else, please. I'm having tea. And you're bothering. I'm not a fan of soap operas, you see."

You let go of Ouma's hand, and smiled awkwardly at your sister. "Um... I'll just go lay in my bed, then." you mumbled to yourself, scratching the back of your head,
"I'm coming, then!" the sixteen years old boy shouted, waving his hands in the air, excitedly.

Your face turned crimson, "W-What?! No! Ugh... You and your brother are exactly the same!" you shouted, running towards your room, and closing the door behind you.

Just as you entered your room, your phone rang. "Hello?" you answered, lazily.
"Hey, bitch! It's Loki!" she yelled through the phone.
You laughed a bit at her happy demeanor. "Ugh... if only you knew what happened..."
She squeaked, "I already know what happened! I saw Hika, a few minutes ago. He seemed pissed. I asked him why, and he said," she paused a bit to clear her throat and use a manly voice, "(Y/N) prefers to stay home with my brother, instead of talking about important things with me, I guess."
You bit your own tongue, feeling slightly guilty. "Oh..."
Loki giggled, "So, you like the brother now, huh? Did you get laid??"
You turned bright red, "W-What? Shut up, Loki! You're just saying shit!"

You hung up, annoyed by her perverted attitude.

Why was Hika such in a bad mood, anyway? Everything was okay, he just suddenly got angry for no apparent reason. So... you didn't have to feel guilty, right? Hika was pretty scary when he was mad, it was normal that you didn't feel like talking with him at the moment.

Maybe you felt guilty for something else, then? Deep, deep inside you, you knew why you were feeling this guilt. It was because of Ouma. Even though you stayed home to avoid talking with Hika, you also stayed because Ouma wanted you to.

It was strange, since you were absolutely convinced that you hated him. Apparently, you did not... If you really did hate him, you wouldn't have felt these unusual butterflies in your stomach when he grabbed your hand and when he placed a kiss on the corner of your lips.

Being a girl sucks. Feelings suck. Life sucks.