Chapter 7

"So, how about today, Hika? What do you want to talk about?" the red haired woman smiled at the young man sitting in front of her, one of her hands holding a notebook and a pen in her other hand.
"Nothing. I'm just wasting my time here." he sighed, looking up at the ceiling.

"Oh? Wasting your time? You know that you have to be here. There's a reason for it, remember?" the woman was still smiling, tightening her grip on the pen.
"Yeah, yeah... Whatever... Not like I care..."
"You don't believe it? Why would I be lying to you? Um, actually... Why would also all of the other psychiatrists would be lying too? We have no reason to do that, Hika." her smile disappeared, and a serious expression was now showing on her pale face.

"It's not like I don't believe it. It's just that I don't..."
"...care?" she cut him off, shaking her head slightly as her lips turned into a thin line.
"Haha, yes! That's exactly it!" Hika gave her a sickeningly sweet smile, but his eyes were still terrifyingly cold.

"Mhm..." she hummed, noting down something, "And about this girl you 'love'..." she stopped herself for a moment, seeing Hika's expression suddenly darkening, but continued nonetheless. "If you do realize that you are a sociopath, you should know that you're not supposed to feel things like 'love'."
The boy falsely pouted, tilting his head innocently to the side, "Awe, if you do realize that you are a psychiatrist, you should know that you're not supposed to say things like that to your patients." he smiled brightly and waved happily at the middle aged woman, "Actually! Actually... A-Actually you should be happy! So happy! Because if I am able to feel love, and I know I can, that means that I'm probably healing from my illness, right? Isn't that sooooo great?!"
The psychiatrist sighed, adjusting her glasses, glaring at the purple haired teen. "You cannot simply 'heal' from a such an illness. Not like this. What you are feeling... surely isn't love. I am not afraid to talk to you that way. You are an intelligent boy, Hika Takeo. Drop the 'innocent and dense' act already."
And he became inexpressive once again. "Such a bad and boring psychiatrist... I wonder how you even got this job... Anyways, I am absolutely convinced that what I feel for this girl is real. Why do you want so desperately to make me think otherwise, anyway, Miss Psychiatrist?"
"Listen. I've been doing this job for years. I met a lot of people like you. You do know that the main trait of sociopaths is their inability to feel anything, and to care about anyone, right? I am not 'desperately trying to make you think otherwise'. You are my patient, and I care about you. I don't want your situation to get even worse just because of a fake feeling, that's all." she smiled at him once again, noting down some words on her notebook.
"Ohh! I understand now... But trust me, Miss Psychiatrist, my feelings for [Y/N] are totally real! I know it! I can feel it! It's there, in my heart!" he smiled back, pointing at his chest.

"Uh... Hika, the heart is in the left area of the chest... You're pointing at the right area..."

"Ah... Haha... Yeah. I knew it... "

-

Hika was waiting for you after school, as he wished to walk you home, but you seemed to be awfully late. Most of the students were already out, except you.
After a while of waiting impatiently, he saw a familiar silver head running out of the school.

Loki stopped abruptly, seeing the great Hika Takeo right in front of her, his empty orange orbs staring at the ground.
"Oh my god! Yaaaahh, look at me Hika-Senpai!" she screamed, her cheeks blushing wildly as her eyes sparkled.
"Have you seen [Y/N]?" he asked, ignoring her, his eyes still looking down in boredom.
The silver haired girl seemed disappointed for an instant, "Oh, you're looking for her..."

"Have you finally decided to ding dang dong with her?!!?" she yelled, squealing like an insane fangirl.

"... To ding dang dong with her?" he questioned, visibly not understanding what the girl meant.
She hummed happily, smirking widely at him, "Yeah... you'll know what I'm talking about, eventually... Anyways, she's coming, she was behind me a few moments ago, with that blond haired guy!"
He frowned as Loki mentioned a 'blond haired guy', but brushed it off. "Thanks."
"KYYYAAHAHHH! Hika-senpai noticed me!" she squealed once again, putting both of her hands on her pink cheeks.

Hika rolled his eyes and was about to go find you, but he stopped in his tracks as he heard a deep masculine voice coming from behind him. The voice seemed to be talking to Loki, and even if Hika wasn't concerned, his curiosity pushed him to turn around, and listen to the conversation.

"Loki, why are you acting like a crazed fangirl again?! Push a fucking chill pill down your throat, for once!" the deep voice yelled, revealing to be a very tall man with long blond hair.
"Hello, brother~!!! I am so very happy to see you, too..." Loki exclaimed, and Hika couldn't guess if her tone was sarcastic or not. "What are you doing here, anyway?"
"What am I doing here?! Are you fucking serious? You left home like a week ago and didn't come back! Father is worrying. Me, I didn't really care. What the hell were you doing?" Loki's brother shouted, running a hand through his long hair.
"Oh my! Don't curse so much! The legend says that if you curse too much, half of your life will be removed! That means that you'll die early!" she gasped dramatically before smirking deviously.

"Actually, that wouldn't be much of a bother..." she added in a faint whisper that Hika managed to hear.

"Shut your mouth and come with me, fucknut."

Hika chuckled to himself as the tall man started dragging his sister behind him, but his laugh stopped abruptly as he heard two new voices behind him. He turned around and, as he guessed, it was you and another blond guy, surely the one that Loki was talking about,
He didn't pay attention to you at all, as his eyes were glaring at the blonde, analyzing him. He had short and wavy blond hair, shorter on the right side, and longer on the left side, hiding a small part of his eye. This longer part was mostly dyed in a bright red, and he had a small piercing on his nose, and many earrings all over his right ear. His complexion was very pale, but his cheeks were pink and he seemed like a childish, cheerful and immature person. He kinda had a... baby face? With piercings?! ... Normal.

He was laughing at you while ruffling your [h/c] hair, and you were just grumbling and trying to hit him. Hika seemed annoyed by that sight. He never saw you hanging out with him, and he was convinced that he was your only male friend.

"S-Shut up, you dumbass!!!" you shouted, finally managing to punch the blond boy next to you. You looked away from him to notice a certain orange eyed boy staring at you with a menacing gaze. "Oh, hi Hika!" you smiled slightly, waving at him.

"Hello... [Y/N]."