Chapter 4

School ended just a few minutes ago, and here you were, still in that same class, still at the same seat, with the same goddamn teacher. Yay, detention.

At least Hika was with you. Strangely, he seemed to be a really nice guy. You spent your last lesson only talking and laughing with him, it was very amusing. You honestly never thought that he could be like that ; he was always very cold and distant, he talked to a lot of people but he didn't seem to have any real friends, and every time you walked past him in the corridors, he always had this deadpan, serious, inexpressive face, he almost seemed sad. Today was the first time that you saw him smile, laugh or even joke with someone. You enjoyed his company a lot, even if you got really mad every time he teased you, and even if he would often make some seriously perverted, masochistic remarks about you or himself.

"One hour. Here. I'm going to die." you whispered to yourself, slightly hitting your head on the desk.

"You won't die." the purple haired teen affirmed, calmly. His voice was always so pleasant and soothing, it was very nice to listen to. "And stop hitting your head."

You chuckled a bit at his comment, that he said in a surprisingly high-pitched voice, compared to his usual low voice. It made you think of an over-protective mother or something like that. Though, you didn't stop hitting your head. You only did that when you were very bored or annoyed. Like right now, for example. You were in a classroom, doing nothing, being watched by an angry teacher while all of your friends were probably nicely laying on their bed, watching anime or reading manga.

Hika furrowed his eyebrows and put his hand on your forehead, stopping you from repeatedly hitting it on this desk. "I told you to stop that. We wouldn't want you to get bruises all over your forehead, would we?", he questioned in a husky, deep voice, almost growling.

You also furrowed your eyebrows, your head still in his hand. "Can we get bruises on our foreheads?" you asked him in curiosity, completely brushing off his almost menacing tone (or maybe that some hardcore masochists would call it a seductive tone??).

He looked like he was taken aback by your question. "I guess we can. We can get bruises everywhere else so why not on the forehead?"

"I don't know. I never got any bruises on my forehead. Did you?" you continued, finally raising your head up to look at him. His perturbed concentrated expression made you giggle a bit.

"Why are you laughing?" he wondered, his expression turning blank again, as he tilted his head to the side, like every time he was confused about something.

"You seemed to be so perturbed by my question, it was just ridiculously funny." you explained, trying to stop your laughter.

The teacher seemed to be really deaf at this moment because he didn't pay attention at you two at all.

"I-I was just thinking about your question. That's all. Do you never think before you give an answer?" he grumbled, slightly frowning.

"Aww... Is the imperturbable Hika kinda embarrassed?" you teased, smirking widely. It was very pleasing to see that you were also able to tease him.

"Whatever." he whispered, turning his head away from you.

"Hika! Now that we know each other a little bit more, let's be friends." you proposed- more like stated, in an unusual cheerful voice.

"Is that how you do it?" he simply asked.

"What?" you also asked, not understanding what he was saying.

"Is that how you make friends? You just walk up to them and say "let's be friends!!!!"?

"Huh... uh... Isn't that how you do it?"