46

•3 Years later•

Hayley leaves to have a minute to herself as Kol and I began packing, ready to move on again. They know we're here now. We made sure of that.

•3 Years earlier•

Today's Davina's funeral. I'm standing in the back, as too not make anyone, mostly Marcel and Kol, uncomfortable. Marcel has surprisingly forgiven me, Kol however, would like to rip my heart out and feed it to the wolves. Not that I blame him. It's my fault-

"How are you doing?" Elijah asked placing a hand at the small of my back.

"How do you think?" I replied, not facing him.

"You mustn't blame-"

"It's my fault, Elijah. Davina is-is dead, be-because of m-me," I whispered the last part. My heart shattering and tears filling my eyes.

"She's dead because someone put a spell on you. It's not your fault, you had no control."

"Guys!" Freya came running in, interrupting the small funeral. "I think I can bring her back."

"What?" We asked, Kol, Marcel and I speeding to her side immediately.

3 Years later•

Kol nodded before setting up to his position as Hayley staid by the pond and I prepared myself. If this works, we will win and the monster will have to face us.

Kol gave me the signal, so I took a deep breath before speeding into the central of New Orleans, and feeding on the last innocent human there.

As I felt the blood about to be gone from her body, I was thrown back, and the innocent saved. Looking up, I smirk seeing just who I wanted. The guy who begun this.

"Long time no see, Elijah," I smiled as he looked down at me sadly.

•3 Years earlier•

"Jessica, I need your blood," Freya said standing by a table with all her magical items on it. "Yours too, brother."

Kol nodded before we both cut our hands and allowed the blood to fill the bowl.

"What now?" I asked.

"Now, you two will be linked and have to find Davina," Freya replied throwing some ingredients in.

"Find Davina? I thought you knew where she was," Kol spat, looking at me critically.

"Never said that," Freya answered.

"Kol, I know that you hate me, but if we can get along to save someone we both love, I promise to stay away from you forever."

"She would never leave this place. It's her home. Same as yours."

"But I would leave if it meant she was alive and you-"

"Enough with this nonsense!" Klaus exclaimed. "Jessica will be saving your girl and staying in New Orleans as long as she likes. This isn't your city, brother. It's mine."

They began bickering, so I nodded to Freya who finished mixing the ingredients and clapped her hands before a world of darkness took over.

Waking up, everything is darker than before. Kol looked around before we both saw blood on the ground. Worried, we sped in that direction as long as we could before we heard witches muttering a chant.

I shoved Kol into a dark hiding place before getting caught and dragged off to the witches. I groaned, feeling an ache in my head and struggled to escape.

"You wasted a trip, you imbecile," a witch said before kneeling beside me.

I couldn't help but laugh at that comment as he and the others looked confused.

"I'm sorry, but imbecile? You magically dragged me and could have said and done so much worse, but instead you chose imbecile? God I don't know why everyone wants you dead. You're hilarious," I laughed standing.

They looked at each other like a bunch of idiots before I began killing them. Keep in mind I'm in their world and they're dying. They really are stupid.

I felt a mystic aneurism begin in my head, so I fell to my knees, holding my head, screaming. It didn't last long, as Kol took their head off. Literally. Like he found a baseball bat and swung.

I looked at him thankfully before he helped me up and we began walking in the direction of the blood trail again.

"I'm sorry," he said stopping us.

"What?" I asked.

"For putting my anger on you. Jess you're one of the nicest people on the planet, and we've been friends for a while. I know you would never intentionally hit anyone. You don't know how."

"I think I've proven that theory wrong," I responded walking again. "I was terrible when my humanity was off and I'm so sorry. And it was my fault Davina died. I left the two originals, I was alone. I got captured. I killed Davina."

"But it was because of a spell. I swear once we find the witch who did it. I will end them."

"Get in line," I muttered causing him to smile.

"Kol!" We heard a scream. Looking forward, we saw Davina tied up, hanging by a tree. "Help!"

"Oh my god," I said as sped over. "Davina?"

We didn't hesitate to tear the restraints off of Davina's body which looked like crap.

"Let's get you out of here," Kol smiled holding her face in his hands.

"We can't leave."

"What? Why not?" I questioned.

"Because. I'm not leaving without your brother," she whispered.

"What?" Kol asked. "He's dead-"

"He's here. And we need to help him."