19

The past fees days have been surprisingly quiet. No threats of any kind, however, there is the fact that the family won't stop asking me what I saw when I was....dead.

So, I left to the outskirts of the bayou. I needed to see Olly, talk to him. After leaving him a message, he quickly met up with me.

He wrapped me in a hug, as I stood there, unable to move. I don't even remember why I was wanting to meet him anyway.

He pulled away, quickly realizing I wasn't going to do anything. I led him to my truck, which he swiftly jumped into.

"So, what did you want to talk to me about?" He asked.

"Why?" I asked.

"What?"

"Why did you do what you did?"

"To save-"

"Don't give me crap."

"They said they were gonna hurt you, torture you way before they would kill you in front of all of us," he whispered. "I'm so sorry. I love you so much."

I didn't respond, so there was a few minutes of silence before I sighed and kissed his cheek.

"I'm leaving for a while, Olly. You can't tell anybody until tomorrow," I said slowly.

"What? Why?"

"Because I need some air. And I can't die, so I'll be safe," I smiled lightly.

"When will you be back?"

"I have no idea, but I do know that I won't be gone long."

We said our goodbyes before he kissed my head and I drove off-out of New Orleans. It wasn't until it was dark that I got a phone call from one of the many people I left.

Looking at the caller ID, I saw it was Elijah and smiled sadly before hitting ignore. When the sun came up, I saw I was in another state about to drive in a small town called Mystic Falls.

I decided it was a good time to get gas, so I went to the nearest gas station. After getting a snack for the road and my tank was filled, I went to the restaurant and sat at the bar.

With some drinks in me, I finally called Elijah back who didn't answer so I only hung up. As I looked across the bar, I saw two men each drinking.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer," the darker haired one said.

"Trust me, sweetheart, I wouldn't waste my time on you," I smirked as his friend laughed.

"Ah, spicy. I like you," he smiled. "What's a pretty face like yours doing in a bar at ten in the morning?"

"Got problems," I said moving to sit next to him. "And you two gentlemen?"

"Got problems," was the response.

"So, what's your name?" The other guy asked.

"Jessica, and yours?"

"Alaric, and that's Damon," Alaric replied.

"Well you guys are way too good looking to have problems. Let me guess, you," I pointed to Damon," were a douche to the girl you love and you," I pointed at Alaric," are his best friend/drinking friend."

"How's you know?" Damon asked furrowing his brows.

"Because I'm a girl, and I'm not stupid," I smiled as my phone started vibrating. Looking at it, I saw it was Elijah and excused myself. "Sorry boys, but it looks like I have to take this."

"Will you be back?"

"Not for you honey, the whiskey...maybe ," I smiled as they looked surprised.

I walked outside and hit answer on my phone, instantly hearing Elijah's voice making me smile.

"Where are you?" He asked frantically.

"Elijah, don't worry. I promise I'm fine," I laughed a little.

"That doesn't really answer my question."

"I don't want to go home yet, Elijah. Look, I just needed a break from being constantly chased and almost dying."

"Jess-"

"If you want, you can come join me," I started. "We can pick up our vacation where it left off?"

"I'm afraid not, Jessica. Something's happened and we need your help," he practically whispered.

"Of course. I mean why would there ever be a moments peace in my life," I said sarcastically. "Fine. I'm on my way back."

With that, I walked back in and paid for my drink, said my goodbyes, which landed in me getting both their numbers, then walked to my truck.

Once I got back in, I turned and made my way back to New Orleans. That didn't last however, as I was a stop sign, in a slightly abandoned part of the town, I felt something sharp go in my neck and my eyes closed without permission.

Awaking, I see I'm chained in the middle of living room and groan. Again? Really?

I see the guys from the bar walk into my eyes sight and groan. Of course this would happen to me, again.

I pulled on the chains, feeling a burning sensation go through my wrists. One of them came loose to my advantage, and I eventually yanked them both off.

"I'm not gonna kill you," I said plopping on the couch. "I know you saw who was calling me, and I'm kind of used to getting grabbed in any place I'm in."

"But how are you strong enough to break through those vervain chains?" Ric asked sitting across from me.

"I guess I'm used to it, besides it would be a lot more boring if I were chained up, right? Now, I know you saw who was calling me, want to explain why you dragged me here, instead of just asking me?" I asked crossing my legs and leaning forward looking at the boys.

"How do you know Elijah Mikaelson?" Damon asked causing me to smile.

"In my home town, New Orleans. How do you know Elijah Mikaelson?"

"He and his family were here couple years ago. Trust me, they're not nice people," he warned.

"I've been with them for months. They've protected me, although you are correct, Klaus is a dick," I agreed. "Well, boys, I'm afraid I must go. If you ever need me, give me a call."

They surprisingly let me go, so I found my truck and drove back home to help out this family again.